Dirt Late Models 2021

Excited for this one to start after track prep is done. What a field and should be a good one.

Larson wins. Pierce chased him hard over the course of the final 20 laps after a restart, driving the wheels off it, but Larson was smooth and made the right moves in lapped traffic and does it again. His biggest late model win thus far.

Larson was only one I saw that ran the middle groove for most of the race. The Rumley's STILL have something the rest don't. Car was HOOKED UP on corner exit.

Better catch Larson while you can on dirt this season. I know he's entered the Knoxville Nationals. He'll be at the first portion of the World 100 at Eldora (second portion is same night as Richmond Cup race). We're hoping he'll get to come back to the rained out Lucas Oil race at Smoky Mountain Speedway. Not sure how much more than that he'll do with the Cup playoffs right around the corner.

The things Larson does is absurd. Other than Ohtani I cannot even think of a comp in sports, let alone racing.

It feels odd that now that even the Knoxville Nationals are included with DIRTVision if you switch to the annual subscription, the USA Nationals at Cedar Lake are still a standalone PPV thing. I get to watch so much high level late model racing between MAVTV Plus, DIRTVision, and FloRacing that I can't justify it this weekend. Maybe if it were a $20 add-on for existing subscribers, but not the way it is.

I only watched the highlights, but looked like a good 100 lap main event at Cedar Lake last night. Davenport came through the field after starting mid-pack and won over Overton. Bronson led a lot of the race and was the show running the top, but had a late flat.

Brandon Overton continues to win big money races. Once he got out front, nobody had anything for him.

The MavTvPlus subscription I JUST signed up for Thursday evening quit working when the feature started. Has to be "synced" to Lucas Oil. Not sure how it wasn't done Friday...so I missed the feature, Got email this morning requiring 3rd password change in 3 days.

The MavTvPlus subscription I JUST signed up for Thursday evening quit working when the feature started. Has to be "synced" to Lucas Oil. Not sure how it wasn't done Friday...so I missed the feature, Got email this morning requiring 3rd password change in 3 days.
Gosh. This has been an issue for some time. They finally got mine fixed, not sure how though. These companies that do racing apps should wait until the offseason to make major changes.

Gosh. This has been an issue for some time. They finally got mine fixed, not sure how though. These companies that do racing apps should wait until the offseason to make major changes.

I can log in on the app, but can't watch anything. I haven't bothered to contact them about and have just been using the site via my browser, which works.

The DIRTVision upgrade transition was a disaster, though the end product is much better.

It's more of a headline these days when Kyle Larson doesn't win than when he does. He was chasing Greg Satterlee for the lead at the Grove, but wasn't able to get it done, fell to third behind Chris Madden, then something broke. Satterlee wins the race ahead of Madden.

Looking forward to watching the feature from Batesville too. I noticed Wendell Wallace is in the field, good to see him out there still doing it.

Might be the first time I've ever rooted for that Bloomquist #0 car with Nick Hoffman in it. He's looking good. Owens finally wins his first series race of the season.

Might be the first time I've ever rooted for that Bloomquist #0 car with Nick Hoffman in it. He's looking good. Owens finally wins his first series race of the season.
Hoffman is a good driver he literally locked up the Hell Tour modified championship by winning the number of races that they count towards the title.

Ryan Gustin charged from 14th to 2nd in the race and made a run on Larson. Great run for him, his wins are coming.

Wow what a finish at the Topless 100 in Batesville. Davenport slides past Hudson O'Neal in both turns 1/2 and 3/4 on the final lap, but O'Neal crosses back underneath him both times and wins by a hair, with Brandon Overton close behind in third.

Wow what a finish at the Topless 100 in Batesville. Davenport slides past Hudson O'Neal in both turns 1/2 and 3/4 on the final lap, but O'Neal crosses back underneath him both times and wins by a hair, with Brandon Overton close behind in third.

That was an exciting finish. And the fact that they ran each other clean, good stuff.

I dont want to step on @MRM 'S toes, but there are rumblings that the Kosisiki's weren't happy with the car count at the Silver Dollar Nationals and weren't willing to take the gamble on this one day event. That is just what's been floating around that I've heard.

My hunch is this is a factor. Also, they run Hoosier WRS55s at I-80, and apparently these are in short supply, which in turn would have suppressed the car count.

I dont want to step on @MRM 'S toes, but there are rumblings that the Kosisiki's weren't happy with the car count at the Silver Dollar Nationals and weren't willing to take the gamble on this one day event. That is just what's been floating around that I've heard.
Correct. The Summernationals were on top of him and that took away Pierce, Shirley, and some others that would have put more butts in the seats. The crowd was down and he lost a fair amount of money. I don't know if the other race they ran that week was a factor with attendance. I don't know why these promoters continue to get talked into hosting something not feasible, especially when something was already working.

I'm sorry for Joe Kosiski that an aspect of why that show was hard to make successful was that it didn't just pay $53,000 to win, but $5,300 to start and considerable money for the consolation race as well. There was probably $100,000 more in the purse than there really needed to be. I don't know how you make up for that with back gate money alone, but it certainly would have helped if 20 more cars were there paying entry fees etc.

Back
Top Bottom