Dirt Late Models 2021

I'll be a little surprised in Bowyers team runs the whole season. They haven't done anything in couple or three seasons. Still would love to hear what went down between Josh & Mark Richards. Brandon Shepard sure made out on that deal.

I'll be a little surprised in Bowyers team runs the whole season. They haven't done anything in couple or three seasons. Still would love to hear what went down between Josh & Mark Richards. Brandon Shepard sure made out on that deal.

Richards started looking better during the course of last season, and at least logged some top fives and a couple victories. He didn't look good tonight, but then again, neither did McCreadie. It was a tricky track.

The story I heard was Josh's wife wanted to be closer to her family in Ohio when she was pregnant. Moving to the Best Performance team in 2018 allowed him be home more as he basically just showed up and drove the car and wasn't expected to be at the shop as much. I have heard that he has the same situation with the Bowyer team. Show up and drive and get results.

The Bowyer team has looked a lot better lately, in my opinion. The were out to lunch a few years ago and I think they are really starting to turn it around. Josh is a threat every night.

The story I heard was Josh's wife wanted to be closer to her family in Ohio when she was pregnant. Moving to the Best Performance team in 2018 allowed him be home more as he basically just showed up and drove the car and wasn't expected to be at the shop as much. I have heard that he has the same situation with the Bowyer team. Show up and drive and get results.

The Bowyer team has looked a lot better lately, in my opinion. The were out to lunch a few years ago and I think they are really starting to turn it around. Josh is a threat every night.
I used to help Tim Hitt some back when he was the first Rocket House Car driver. Oddly enough exactly same story for why Tim quit racing. New wife, new life. So I suppose it's possible. I was there when it happened back then with Tim. Lost Tim last summer to a heart attack. Heart disease ran in the family.

Tim was one of the nicest people i've ever met.

Attachments

• Tim Hitt 6.jpg
    Tim Hitt 6.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 124
  • Tim Hitt.jpg
    Tim Hitt.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 127
thanks so much for posting these races,it just make me smile to watch kyle race.The Lucas Oil boys are back in action tonight in Lake City, FL live on MAVTV and on their Facebook page for free. In addition to the regulars, Brandon Sheppard and some WoO drivers are there, and so is Kyle Larson in the Rumley #6.

Larson sure did lay it on them. Impressive considering it's only his 5th or 6th in a dirt late model race.

All of this week's racing is free to watch on the MAVTV Facebook page as well. I think this is a good idea to give people a free taste in advance of the MAVTV Plus launch in a couple months.

Too bad the series points leader didn't show up, and will lose his edge in the title race. :D

standings.png

Is this the first year they've done this best five out of nine finishes count in the points? I recall in earlier years, it was simply that the first few nights at East Bay weren't points races. I kinda like this approach, makes the earlier nights more meaningful and creates some interesting strategy decisions.

Whatever they did to the track, they nailed it. I thought the main was going to be a snoozer tonight. This is wild.

That was a mess. But everyone raced the same track. Thought Moran was gonna win it 3 wheeling.

That comment was earlier in the race. Way, way too many cautions, but I liked the movement throughout the field and the unpredictability.

That comment was earlier in the race. Way, way too many cautions, but I liked the movement throughout the field and the unpredictability.
I enjoyed it. Was pretty classy of the drivers to not bitch about the track. They just said it was slick. Which was completely obvious. Crazy so many parts failures too. Owen blew up. Several others had driveline failures unrelated to wrecking. Crazy night.

Congratulations to the Double Down Motorsports team on their win. I personally know the car owner and could not be happier for him. He's put a lot of time and money into his team.

Damn East Bay can be fun. These are some intense heat races worth watching due to the huge car count and few transfer spots.

The track has stayed fast and tacky throughout, which made it really, really hard to make a pass, because the groove is quick and in the middle of the track. I was hoping it would slick off a bit, and that they can get the balance better throughout the week.

Davenport needing a provisional and Owens barely sneaking in through the B was something.

I'm glad Lucas isn't doing four wide salutes. My unpopular dirt racing hot take is that except for Johnny Gibson's iconic intro, these are overdone and tiresome. Get 'em out there and drop the flag, I like the no nonsense.

I've been skeptical about Terbo, but he's got a good piece and he's getting better and better at driving it. He's a force right now. That was a fun battle at the end.

Just got back to the condo. Unfortunately this will be my last night here. I'm heading back to Indiana tomorrow due to a family emergency. But man what a great time this week has been. Hopefully I will be able to make it down again before this place shuts down, but if not at least I have been able to cross it off the list.

Thanks @*WEAVER* , luckily I dont think it is going to be a serious issue, but I wouldn't feel right not heading home.

It will definitely be an end of an era. I can't tell you how many times I heard that no matter where they move these races, it just won't be the same. Everyone from the track employees to the fans I sat around were just really good people. I hope the rest of the week goes smoothly and I am going to do my best to catch it on the app.

I'm hoping to go next year. I was originally planning to go this year. But I didn't know if there would be any restrictions or limiting the amount of media people they would let in. That wasn't the case.

Back
Top Bottom