Dirt Late Models 2021

I'm not really a fan of halfway fuel breaks in dirt racing. Only a couple years ago they were running this as a true 100 lapper, and fuel conservation was part of the equation. Personally I'd rather watch an 80 lap race than this stage business, but that's just me.

O'Neal getting lapped in the first half of the race and then being given the "Lucky Dog" and coming back to do this is pretty ridiculous. Did he change rubber at the break, and what were the rules on that?

Even though I personally know Hudson's car owner and am glad for him and the entire team, I don't like the rule. It makes me wonder if a driver in either series got the lucky dog and won the race.

Race XR, the company that broadcast the Eldora dirt races this year, along with the races at Texas and Vegas, has announced a much expanded 2022 schedule they are calling the "XR Super Series." Notable to me are the payouts and the scheduling on top of next year's Dream at Eldora.

I'm hearing comparisons to the NDRL, which tried something similar some years back and if I remember correctly, folded while in its first full year.

In response(?) Eldora put out a cryptic tweet hinting a possible return of the real million (I don't count the race at Mansfield as a real million race.) It has all provided some fun speculation as the year winds down.

Race XR, the company that broadcast the Eldora dirt races this year, along with the races at Texas and Vegas, has announced a much expanded 2022 schedule they are calling the "XR Super Series." Notable to me are the payouts and the scheduling on top of next year's Dream at Eldora.

I'm hearing comparisons to the NDRL, which tried something similar some years back and if I remember correctly, folded while in its first full year.

In response(?) Eldora put out a cryptic tweet hinting a possible return of the real million (I don't count the race at Mansfield as a real million race.) It has all provided some fun speculation as the year winds down.

You can't put on a big money race if all the big money drivers are elsewhere.

I don't know. There is talk quite a few drivers may opt to do their own schedule like Brandon Overton is doing. When you have 8 races that pay $25,000 to win each and a $100k points champion at Bristol, that's some big money to win just in the first 3 months of the year. But them scheduling against Eldora is stupid.

I don't know. There is talk quite a few drivers may opt to do their own schedule like Brandon Overton is doing. When you have 8 races that pay $25,000 to win each and a $100k points champion at Bristol, that's some big money to win just in the first 3 months of the year. But them scheduling against Eldora is stupid.

Meh. I don't trust anyone. Nope. I made a huge business misjudgment once. Completely changed my life path. Still not sure whether for the better or not but at the time it hurt. Supposed friend screwed Dad & I over good. And never acknowledged it.

I don't trust these big plans. Not at all. Already have competing series. Really don't think we need another. Dirt racing is 100% dependent on weather co-operation. I'd bet would only take about 3 rain-outs in a row before these guys quit answering the phone. And of course I don't know ANY of the principals. Just my gut.

There has been a rapid increase in big money late model races, and it must be because broadly these are now profitable shows to promote.

Scheduling against the Dream is bizarre, and seems like an unnecessary shot across the bow. What exactly is this XR's objective with that? I could and may try attending one of the Stuart races, as I'm only 2.5 hours away, but I'd sure rather be doing it with a stronger field than they will draw up against Eldora.

Lucas Oil on MavTV right now...well they have about 15 classes of "Late Model" looking cars. 39 SLM. 40+ 602 Crates. Bunch of ?????? that look same as all the others. Gonna be a LONG night. Hunt The Front is representing the poor boys against the high-dollar guys.

162 cars signed in.

Lucas Oil on MavTV right now...well they have about 15 classes of "Late Model" looking cars. 39 SLM. 40+ 602 Crates. Bunch of ?????? that look same as all the others. Gonna be a LONG night. Hunt The Front is representing the poor boys against the high-dollar guys.

162 cars signed in.
Like I get it is a motor thing for the most part, but I understand the differences not at all. I can at least tell the speed difference between a 305 and 410 sprint car.

It's pointless. They are covering some USRA mods that seems to work.

It's not working a bunch better. I shut all my stuff down overnight, hard reboot, so can't believe it's on my end.

Last edited:
Turned the surge suppressor off that powers TV & Internetz for 2 minutes. Was off nearly 10 hours overnight. Working again. Missed first heat cause it just wouldn't fracking work. It's perfect now. Bet it won't last.

Back
Top Bottom