Dirt Late Models 2021

I didn't know Lucas would do this throwing the yellow while coming to the checkers thing too.

I doubt it matters for the win, as Davenport looks gone. Hope they don't pile up behind though.

The FloRacing Night in America series is back tonight from 411 Speedway and pays $20,000 to win. Many heavy hitters in attendance, and Larson is there too. However, he struggled in qualifying and did not transfer out of Heat 1.

Jimmy Owens wins over Jonathan Davenport and Nick Hoffman. Larson came through the B and looked better in the main event, finishing 7th.

DTWC on MavTv. Brandon Shepard & Chris Ferguson DNQ'd for altercation between crews before race even lined up!

Was waiting around for things to get going and decided to watch something else with the wife for a while. WTF?

They never can seem to get this track right, and the DTWC would be better at a number of other facilities.

Was waiting around for things to get going and decided to watch something else with the wife for a while. WTF?

They never can seem to get this track right, and the DTWC would be better at a number of other facilities.
You haven't missed anything. The Shep/Ferg thing was complete bullcrap. Ferg ran high on the start and Shep got in the marbles. That was it. Somebody from the crews got mouthy. YOU OUTA HERE!

Surprising to see Bloomquist looking that strong until whatever happened. I wonder if they will have a replay of that incident.

I think Owens may be set up well for a long run.

Going to have to eat my words if the surface holds up, as the race has been quite good so far.

I like RTJ. Cool to see him run a patient race, pounce on Overton and stay ahead. That was a good race and one of the best recent DTWCs.

More info on the double dq
Yikes. That could have been much worse. Mark Richards is a douchebag in my experience. I helped him couple times at the track back when he was just starting his business. He's not terribly patient with people.

Sounds like from what the drivers are saying that RTJ ran a harder compound than just about everyone else. Did a real good job of staying up there, and then that paid off at the end.

As long as the current owners continue to own the track, the DTWC will not be moved anywhere else.

As long as the current owners continue to own the track, the DTWC will not be moved anywhere else.
Then maybe the track owners/teams can pool some money and get better dirt? That was ridiculous. Don't care how much rain they had. That dirt sucks for racing.

Yikes. That could have been much worse. Mark Richards is a douchebag in my experience. I helped him couple times at the track back when he was just starting his business. He's not terribly patient with people.

Did you have any interaction with Steve Baker? I have heard he is the the glue that keeps the business together, but I don't have any first hand knowledge of that.

Did you have any interaction with Steve Baker? I have heard he is the the glue that keeps the business together, but I don't have any first hand knowledge of that.
Yes. Steve is just a great guy. Very calm. Mark...not so much. I still believe there was some sort of family dynamic happening with Josh leaving the Rocket house car. Father & son working together can be tough.

That rookie who has been racing the Rumley #6 part-time seems deserving of a shot somewhere.

The FloRacing series is racing tonight at Volunteer.

Back
Top Bottom