Dirt Late Models 2022

The late models are running racing gas.

Fergy wins? Didn't see that coming. I missed most of the race in favor of sprint cars, will be catching a replay when I can. Looked pretty eventful from the highlights.

The late models are running racing gas.

Fergy wins? Didn't see that coming. I missed most of the race in favor of sprint cars, will be catching a replay when I can. Looked pretty eventful from the highlights.
Davenport had a moment running 2nd/3rd?. Not sure exactly what happened. Ran it in, bounced off car & spun himself.

I blame Forrest Lucas and his patented "drag out the show to sell more food/beer" plan for my massive hangover today...

For those that haven't worked on modern dirt cars with 4-link suspension, or want to better understand the lingo, this guy hits all the high points.

Josh Richards got hit with a rock or mud clot or something at Eldora. His face was covered in blood when he got out of the car.

That was pretty sad, I think there were seven cars left running at the end. Terbo survives for the win over Strickler.

Josh Richards Racing
7m ·
Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers. As many of you know, Josh was injured when a mud clod hit him in the face last night during the opening lap of the Feature at Eldora. He was transported to the hospital and treated and diagnosed with a shattered nose and some broken teeth. We are thankful for the protection his Carbon Fiber helmet gave him. Although it did crack in multiple places under the force, it did it’s job. Most importantly we are thankful for God’s hand of protection. We would appreciate privacy during this time, but we will provide updates later as we learn the extent of his injuries and the expected recovery time.

The HTF bunch got the Jay Dickens. Only problem is, looks to me like an old version, not a wide-bore. Be able to tell once they get the exhaust on. Exhaust ports were still taped so couldn't see the spacing.

Here is an example of the old-style which looks like theirs.

Taking engine to Capital on Sunday to put in a new car. If everything falls into place. Then off to The Million.

Josh Richards Racing
7m ·
Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers. As many of you know, Josh was injured when a mud clod hit him in the face last night during the opening lap of the Feature at Eldora. He was transported to the hospital and treated and diagnosed with a shattered nose and some broken teeth. We are thankful for the protection his Carbon Fiber helmet gave him. Although it did crack in multiple places under the force, it did it’s job. Most importantly we are thankful for God’s hand of protection. We would appreciate privacy during this time, but we will provide updates later as we learn the extent of his injuries and the expected recovery time.

Bronson had to an issue a mea culpa apology for criticizing the track in his interview. However, I think Eldora should be embarrassed over what occurred.

FB_IMG_1654302901734.jpg

Mine is working fine. Lived in Weston WV for 30 years. Never went to this track as back in it's original days was a motor killer. I really don't know why they did leave it converted to a 3/8 mile. 5/8 mile is stretching the safety aspects of these cars. To darn fast.

Tim Hitt pounded the wall there once when bolts pulled out of frame on RF upper a-frame. Had no interest in going back. Said felt like took 10 minutes to get to the wall and car didn't slow down at all.

Why they DIDN'T leave it 3/8 mile. They had a construction company using the place training equipment operators. They constructed a turn 3&4 to make it 3/8 mile. Only ran a few races.

Nice to see Moran chase JD back down and get the win. Not a bad race for such a big fast track.

I wish Moran would have stayed with the Lucas tour, he was still second in points when he dropped off and missed races the last couple weekends.

Nice to see Moran chase JD back down and get the win. Not a bad race for such a big fast track.

I wish Moran would have stayed with the Lucas tour, he was still second in points when he dropped off and missed races the last couple weekends.
Transporter fuel & tire costs are killing them.

Bobby Pierce wins the WoO race at Tri City, Bronson second and Gustin third. Larson finished sixth. Track was drier than normal, decent for a whlle but then rubbered up on the bottom for the final third of the race.

I'm trying to watch MX and the damn thing logged me out and now won't let me back in.
Tried 4 different ways. Says you can watch thru the web page. Nope. Switched my feeds from one TV to other so had access to browser. Nope. Tried the Roku box on that TV. Went right in thru MavTvPlus app. IDK? Gonna finish watching the Busch race then try Mav again.

Yeah, couldn't see down the straights at all early in the race. Getting a hit better now that it's blown off. I think Pearson may have something for Davenport.

They need to stop calling races the _____ 100 if it isn't 100 laps. Not saying that 100 laps would be good here, but call the race what it is.

The Longhorns are obviously at a huge advantage at a big track. I think they may have swept the top 8 there. Not sure what Saterlee runs. The Rockets were out to lunch. Sheppard putting around in 14th.

Back
Top Bottom