Dirt Late Models 2022

Here we go again. After the third rain delay of the evening, the rest of tonight's program is postponed into the day tomorrow, starting around noon. They are amidst the B-Mains.

Heats for the night show are underway now. They are trying to beat the incoming weather this evening. Madden and Overton won the prelim features earlier. Davenport will be in a B-Main after getting a flat in his heat.

Unnecessary caution at the end of the second B with the leaders coming to the checkered flag and a car in the wall in turn 2. Especially when they are doing everything to hurry up the show.

See you in many hours, or more likely tomorrow for the conclusion. They did try to hustle, give them that.

Just tuned back in on Flo and the pits look empty. Maybe they are going to postpone until September for the World? Twitter doesn't have any updates.

Hunt the Front

nosSoerptd1hct36l8m3t0hi0t55li55m24i14c1gi ·

Our long week at Eldora ended with a 12th-place finish in today’s second Dream B-Main. We got caught in a first-lap wreck that busted our right-front shock and Joseph limped through the race from there.
Definitely not the results we were hoping for. We’ll regroup and try harder next time.
🏁

Thanks to everyone who stopped by to say hello throughout the week. It’s awesome to see so many HTF fans at such a big event!
👍

📸
: Josh James Artwork

1655004727509.png

Heard a speculative rumor today that Flo could be taking over Mav TV plus

Davenport won another $20,000 last night on the high banks. Tonight they moved the race to the "low banks", as in the 1/4 mile that sits in the infield, seemingly over safety and equipment concerns. About to go green soon I think, though I don't have XR to watch.

I'm guessing Bobby Pierce will win the Hell Tour Summer Nationals opener happening at Kankakee.

Justin Fiedler reported today that an acquisition of MAVTV's streaming arm by FloRacing is imminent, and that talks are in final stages. Still no Lucas late models events showing up on Flo yet, unlike some other MAVTV content like motocross that started showing up last weekend. Apparently the Smoky Mountain races are free to watch this weekend via MAVTV Plus whether you're a member or not.

This is odd for those of us who paid for another year of MAVTV Plus in the past months, but oh well. I've already been paying for Flo for years anyway.

Some normally fast guys failing to transfer out of B-Mains and needing "emergency" provisionals as well.

I wish the late model series would tighten up the provisional rules, but oh well.

I keep thinking the Ferguson in third is Chris Ferguson. Will be interesting to see how the race develops. Overton looks like he is coming.

Both national series' big events now consist of a group of true outlaws that are unaffiliated racing for the win, while the full-timers have their own points battle going on behind them. It's a weird but very lucrative time in late model racing.

Well that was pretty solid and tense even if the bottom wasn't quite good enough to make it more realistic to pass. Madden holds on. Wonder what caused him to get into the wall there. Seemed he was copying Terbo's line a little too closely, ha.

HTF crew has their 604 Crate at Magnolia & Joseph driving the Henderson Motorsports Longhorn. Henderson guys apparently didn't check droop. Failed after 2nd in heat in a car that had been pushing like a dumptruck...which ironically Joseph used to drive. They must have gotten it to turn but...illegal. Tagged rear in B-Main but only made it to 4th. Needed 2nd to make feature. So they done in SLM.

Jesse in HTF #1 604 car had feature won last night but after a restart dropped to 2nd then spun by himself. Came from back to 12th passing everywhere but the stands. Starts outside pole tonight. They run about 15 classes of "street stocks" so probably be 3 AM before it's done. Actually not sure they running the street stock tonight? I hate to check their Twitter as it will have 30 tweets about starting positions, but no results.

Just amazing: https://twitter.com/TheMagSpeedway

Back
Top Bottom