Dirt Late Models 2022

Chris Madden waited 3 months to finish and win The Dream and lost it on the last restart. Has to be a gut punch.

Funny...they had everyone disconnect their tach on the main straight before the start. Because...reasons?
Some think the traction control units are controlled by the engine RPM's. Unhook the tachs, TC doesn't work.

Some think the traction control units are controlled by the engine RPM's. Unhook the tachs, TC doesn't work.
The tach signal is an output from "the ignition box". So...disconnecting the tach does nothing UNLESS the traction control is IN the tach? I'd be looking for "extra" wires (probably hidden in braided lines) to the bellhousing/transmission/differential/rear axle hub area for speed sensors. I supposed, given technologies progress, might be able to detect RPM change thru vibration?

Bloomquist won't run the Hillbilly 100 because he was 6 miles from the track and got the hauler stuck in a ditch

Hunt The Front sold the 2022 Capital. Bought a low lap ******** already. Now they need a shock dyno and somebody that knows how to use it. Sent Dickens engine out for refresh. Had 1080 laps so close enough.

Castrol night in America tonight from 411 Speedway on Flo Racing. Looks like Larson is racing tonight.

Jimmy Owens whipped them last night. No passing in the heats, but the feature saw some good racing.

That track should not have 100-lap races. It locks down more often than not.

You know I always had heard Bloomquist was crazy...but I thought that was party crazy until I heard him on the DJD...he's nuts

2023 racing is almost here. Vado, NM is trying to get a decent track going.

2023 racing is almost here. Vado, NM is trying to get a decent track going.

So that pretty much confirms Larson out of the Chili Bowl.

So that pretty much confirms Larson out of the Chili Bowl.

I believe he said that yeah. I’m 50/50 on that move.

The Chili Bowl doesn’t exactly need Kyle either though so it’s good to see him boosting areas that need help.

Senoia Raceway laying down tarps on the racing surface to protect it from heavy rain off the hurricane.

Looks like Hunt The Fronts Jay Dickens, that was just rebuilt, went to the junkyard in the sky. Pulled out "Betty" which is 2018 Capital with 465 Cu in Randy Clarey SB2. Didn't make the feature tonight though. Needed 2nd in B-Main, finished 4th after much carnage. I wonder if they'll put the old Draime in the Longhorn? It's same "type" as the Dickens.

The announcing crew got it wrong. HTF Longhorn has White top. Betty is black.

The hurricane has turned track into a mud pit. 2 cars have flipped so far I expect bunch more to get torn up. Track is too sticky. It's so soft they can't use wrecker to retrieve cars. Using tracked skid steer.

Peach State Classic Opening Night Results

***SPOILERS AHEAD***
Night one at Senoia didn’t go as planned. We had to unload Betty after having mechanical issues with the new car in our heat race. Joseph started seventh and finished fourth in a B-Main transferring only the top two to the feature.
It’s frustrating, but the good news is Betty ran great for coming straight out of the trailer and on to the track. And we’ll likely be running her tomorrow.
With it being a late night already and with us having a lot of work to do, we’re not gonna go live tonight. We’ll be back to go live tomorrow afternoon with an update on the motor situation in the Longhorn.

As always, thank y’all so much for your support!

So...HTF Jay Dickens had something go thru #1 cylinder. She's dead Jim. Gonna finish this weekend in the old (Betty) car and stuff their old Draime in the Longhorn for next week's race at Southern. Sounds like something got dropped in the intake. Whoops!

The Jay Dicken dropped an exhaust valve. Engine had right at 130 laps since re-fresh. Guess he didn't replace the valves? Or got a bad one? They stuffed the Draime in and fixed a bind in RF suspension on Betty. They are promoting a race at Southern in Alabama. Going to run 2 SLM.

too close to the Chili Bowl. The micro sprints might work. There are tons of those
Idk that's closer to the shootout then even the Chili Bowl is to it. But there's a lot more micros out there of course.

The dome race for late models was interesting the first year. Not so much now.

I have a stupid question, I've tried googling this but couldn't get any answers. Are dirt late models considered stock cars in the same way asphalt late models are considered stock cars?

I have a stupid question, I've tried googling this but couldn't get any answers. Are dirt late models considered stock cars in the same way asphalt late models are considered stock cars?
...I mean I'm not sure. I'd say yes...but I've seen so many tracks call other things gs stock cars so no idea.

Back
Top Bottom