Dirt Late Models 2023

I saw some people I know complaining about the video crashing. I only watched the two features. The issue must have been before then.

I saw some people I know complaining about the video crashing. I only watched the two features. The issue must have been before then.
Started doing a sort of stop motion deal. Then froze in one spot. Then... it's dead Jim. Tried rebooting TV couple times. Whole thing was less than 5 minutes. I watched first feature. Ole Joseph Joiner of HTF sure ain't scared of running the high side. Came up one short of making feature after trying to stuff square peg thru round hole. Bunged up all 4 corners. Racing deal. I went to bed about 1/2 way thru second. Assume Davenport won by 1/2 lap?🧐😳

Flo plowed the wall again. Only down about 20 seconds this time.

Attachments

• IMG_20230609_190342450.jpg
    IMG_20230609_190342450.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 75
HTF wrecked out of 3rd in their heat. Would have made the feature but jumped the cushion and spun around 90* to the wall. Overton was right behind him and KO'd both cars. Was Joseph's fault. Overton was just in wrong place @ wrong time. They were racing with the Rocket1 when he got in about 1/2 tire width too high. Fluff sucked him in.

Whoops!

Excellent racing in the main event so far, Eldora is in prime shape for late models.

Davenport wins over Madden. I spoke too soon about the track. It rubbered up and went single groove for the final 40 laps. The first half of the race was excellent. Maybe if they can't get the track right for 100 laps, these should be shorter races.

Davenport wins over Madden. I spoke too soon about the track. It rubbered up and went single groove for the final 40 laps. The first half of the race was excellent. Maybe if they can't get the track right for 100 laps, these should be shorter races.
They're afraid to get the track too wet for fear of coming apart or having another Josh Richards moment.

I wonder how they arrived at the conclusion to ban smart watches and issue new radio receivers. I know they can catch stuff on cars through tech, but I don't know how they catch stuff on drivers.

They banned sticks so I'm sure they were getting creative with smart watches or something

I've seen the sticks at Carolina Speedway, always wondered how helpful they were for some of the faster class, or the class that ran closer together.

Teams had been using hacked transponders to post a better qualifying time. They were also using smart phones to adjust the shocks.

What a roll RTJ is on. Wins $50k at Smoky Mountain last week and another $50k at Lernerville this weekend. Would have had another $50k at the Show Me if not for the dumb droop rule.

I can't believe no one on here has been talking about Mike Marlar coming from 22nd starting spot to win the World of Outlaws race at Ponderosa Speedway Friday night.

Audio trouble as usual on Flo. I really haven't seen how the switch from MavTV to Flo gained anything. Race i'm watching is Flo only @ EAMS but still...sound is working now but don't think they know it's working.

Aaaaand rained out!
The feed is still up but pouring and savage lightening like lots of nader juice in them clouds. I'd be high-tailing the hill out of there. I'd have been gone hour or so ago if could see to drive a stacker out of there? Camera is drowning. Can't believe it's still working.

Attachments

• IMG_20230721_211354358.jpg
    IMG_20230721_211354358.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 56
Vehicles with lights on circling around but doesn't appear to show a way out. Not at all familiar with that tracks layout. Definitely ugly storms rolling thru.

Attachments

• IMG_20230721_213539234.jpg
    IMG_20230721_213539234.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 57
RTJ did it again. Won the Prairie Dirt Classic despite an odd call against him in the race.

Just had a big-one at the Topless 100. Half-dozen or so cars wadded up right at flag stand. Car got turned and another car ramped over the front end sideways. Flipped couple times. Pretty crazy. Everybody OK.

Another hard one in a mod race. Looks like last guy in might have hurt his back. Two cars got hooked together and slid down into middle of grove. Next car had nowhere to go. Hit them with his car turned sideways and nearly flipped over them.

I heard the topless models were late, but did I miss them?

Cool to see Mac Daddy running up front, but Batesville is not an interesting track.

Just had a big-one at the Topless 100. Half-dozen or so cars wadded up right at flag stand. Car got turned and another car ramped over the front end sideways. Flipped couple times. Pretty crazy. Everybody OK.
That happened right in front of where I was sitting, and made a surprisingly loud racket, even over the sound of the cars charging in to turn one. The way his car ramped off the front nose of the other made it look like they had practiced it for weeks

Back
Top Bottom