Dirt Late Models 2024

Both drivers did well last night. No racing tonight and then to Wheatland Saturday. Hopefully the attention will turn to the racing instead of the drama very soon.

Great race last night in the Lucas Oil series at Eagle Raceway. Four cars battling for the lead past the halfway point.

Here at Shelby County tonight for the second night of this Lucas swing. Great black clay they have here. Waiting for main event time.

PXL_20240717_013021146.MP.jpg

Script writers on point having these two battle for the lead on consecutive nights.

My Flo feed spun a bearing right before they dropped the flag. I was watching from bed. Turned TV off, came to living room and was on lap 13. Man these guys are looking more and more like Dale Sr. Get out of my way I'm coming through.

Man did RTJ get screwed on this car swap. That SSI car is 30% faster than all the rest. Consistently.

What a race last night at FALS with the Flo bunch. RTJ came from 15th to win it with 2 to go in a 50-lap race. One of the best races I've seen all year.

What a race last night at FALS with the Flo bunch. RTJ came from 15th to win it with 2 to go in a 50-lap race. One of the best races I've seen all year.
I can't believe the car didn't break when he bicycled twice thru that huge hole. Was an impressive run.

Bobby Pierce wins the PDC with a last lap pass after starring 24th and having to go to the back again mid-race after he got too aggressive and spun himself out. I'm hardly a fan, but his talent is undeniable. Nick Hoffman has his heart broken after leading most of the race and losing it in the final turns.

Ruben is an embarrassment as an announcer though. I thought he might get better with time, but he's somehow getting worse. He functions solely as Bobby's hype man and doesn't belong anywhere near a national series booth. The PDC is a special event and would be better off in Flo hands. Kinda weird how it already isn't given that Rigsby partly owns FALS.

One other random observation: why is Davenport now so poor at Fairbury? He didn't even come close to making the show.

Ruben is an embarrassment as an announcer though. I thought he might get better with time, but he's somehow getting worse. He functions solely as Bobby's hype man and doesn't belong anywhere near a national series booth. The PDC is a special event and would be better off in Flo hands. Kinda weird how it already isn't given that Rigsby partly owns FALS.

One other random observation: why is Davenport now so poor at Fairbury? He didn't even come close to making the show.

So true on Ruben. I hate to be a hater, but he's an easy mute for me when he's announcing. I would love for them to hire Mike Norris.

It was interesting that Dustin Jarrett was a big part of the pre-race, he's a Flo employee so who knows.

I really thought RTJ was going to pull that win out, but he couldn't keep it off the boards and chucked a drive shaft. Bobby ran the cushion much smarter IMO.

It's a WOO sanctioned event which is a part of WRG which owns Dirtvision. So no way Flo has a chance to even air it

I was surprised to see B-Shepp fall back so far so fast after leading the first part of the race

It's a WOO sanctioned event which is a part of WRG which owns Dirtvision. So no way Flo has a chance to even air it

I know all that, but sanctioning has switched for certain late model events before. I actually prefer some aspects of the WoO series, but Ruben is detracting from the broadcasts and making them feel bush league. I know that what happened to Rick Eshelman was shocking and caught everyone off guard, but Ruben is not right for the role, and WRG should make a different move.

Ruben was basically on the outs a couple of years ago. He was basically demoted to the Xtreme winter series they did. When Eshelman passed, Ruben was handed PXP for the WoO. Odd move. He needs to tone it down. The call on the last two laps was embarrassing.

:(

Weiss and his crew are in fact appearing on the St. Croix County inmate list as having been arrested today. Getting convicted of a felony for a non-US Citizen probably won't help him any.

Back
Top Bottom