Does Jeff Gordon even care anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the modern era, Jeff Gordon has the most wins, the most poles, and the most top 5s. He's #2 in top 10s behind Mark Martin, and will pass him next year some time.

Other than going for a chase championship - does jeff have anything to prove? Good lord son look at the man's trophy case. he hired the only driver to win 6 championships in 8 years.. Richard Petty only won 5 in 8 years if that puts it into perspective. As a younger driver Jeff took more risks in the car & now that he is older with a family he is still an aggressive racer but is much more calculated in his moves. You're a fool to ever count him out.

How is this even a thread?

A blink of an eye is somewhere between .1 and .4 seconds. Jeff Gordon is 0.028 seconds behind Kahne, 0.114 behind Jr, & 0.115 behind Johnson. So, he's literately a blink of an eye behind all three of his teammates. Giving up is parking the garage and leaving the track. It's not coming in 17th in qualifying. :rolleyes:

How is this even a thread?

A blink of an eye is somewhere between .1 and .4 seconds. Jeff Gordon is 0.028 seconds behind Kahne, 0.114 behind Jr, & 0.115 behind Johnson. So, he's literately a blink of an eye behind all three of his teammates. Giving up is parking the garage and leaving the track. It's not coming in 17th in qualifying. :rolleyes:
Especially with the new Qualifying format that everybody is trying to get a handle on. I think it will be evolving every week and I cant wait until next week at Vegas to see who is figuring it out the quickest.

I am a HUGE Gordon fan, and I will say him being the "greatest of all time" might be a bit of a stretch...I would argue that he is in the top 5 in that conversation, however. Also, I agree with whoever said earlier that he is the greatest of his generation...

Lol @ OP... 17th in qualifying....

http://racing-reference.info/tracks/Phoenix_International_Raceway

This race has been won from 15th, 13th, 20th and 14th the past 4 years. Guess who won from 20th :rolleyes: lol

Not to mention it has been won from as far back as 28th and 29th.. Granted a winner is more likely to come from the front of the pack.. I wouldn't say a bad q day means Jeff Gordon doesn't care.

I mean come on.. Matt Kenseth, Tony Stewart, Carl Edwards, Martin Truex Jr....... all starting behind Jeff.. are their careers over too?

This is the dumbest thread I've seen in a long time on any message board.

Congrats OP.

This is the dumbest thread I've seen in a long time on any message board.

Congrats OP.
One of the top five anyway. But it got 54 posts so far. :rolleyes:

Jeff is probably the greatest of all time and is still competitive. He survived multiple changes to the car and to the championship format. Yeah he hasn't won a championship since 2001, but two he lost because of the chase in '04 and '07

I would like to present one more exhibits to court.

Exhibits #3.2.2014.

Jeff has said that he will retire if he wins the championship this year. That supports my previously reported findings.
The people that are holding Jeff hostage and making him race against his will, obviously have offered a new incentive.

One that could enmancipate him from racing should he win the 2014: Sweet 16 tournament, great 8 playoffs, bca final 4, grand slam world series, super bowl of World Sprint Cup racing title this year.

Brian does more than resets points, he also resets lives too. Everytime Jeff runs fast this year just realize that he is running toward freedom.

Run Jeff, run

I would like to present one more exhibits to court.

Exhibits #3.2.2014.

Jeff has said that he will retire if he wins the championship this year. That supports my previously reported findings.
The people that are holding Jeff hostage and making him race against his will, obviously have offered a new incentive.

One that could enmancipate him from racing should he win the 2014: Sweet 16 tournament, great 8 playoffs, bca final 4, grand slam world series, super bowl of World Sprint Cup racing title this year.

Brian does more than resets points, he also resets lives too. Everytime Jeff runs fast this year just realize that he is running toward freedom.

Run Jeff, run
:XXROFL::cheers:

Obviously Jeff can do whatever he wants...but guys like Helton, France, Phelps, Hendrick etc have all really laid it on him thick to stick around. NASCAR's just not a great position for guys like Jeff to walk away yet. There hasn't been a very good transformation from old fans to new fans. I have no idea why you guys find that hard to believe. This is coming from the mouths of folks I mentioned. I don't think its a bad thing that Jeff feels a sense of obligation to keep driving...do you? Even if it was stemmed from guilt.

And for the record...I have no idea what races the OP is watching. I'd take Jeff in a driver pool every week.

guys like Helton, France, Phelps, Hendrick etc have all really laid it on him thick to stick around. NASCAR's just not a great position for guys like Jeff to walk away yet.
Where is reck with his jeff gordon hostage avatar when you need him

@Allenbaba
My investigators and my undercover covert extry secret ops, report that Jeff is essentially being held hostage by Nascar and Hendricks.
He has been dreaming becoming a butterfly collector for years, but if he wants his family to live he has to satisfy the syndicate and illuminati.

Hence, he is just driving now cause they make him.

What was that guy's name greg that started all of that, he's a 78 fan.
Alanbaba, or something like that.
Yeah that's him, he was trying to convince us that he was serious. :D

That avatar was funny. Obviously he's not being blackmailed...but I do think that if the business end of NASCAR was trending significantly upward these past few years, Jeff would be on the business side of the sport. Why is that a stretch?

That avatar was funny. Obviously he's not being blackmailed...but I do think that if the business end of NASCAR was trending significantly upward these past few years, Jeff would be on the business side of the sport. Why is that a stretch?
Because he's a racer, not some priss in a suit & tie.

I remember your "hostage" post.

I remember you saying afterwards something like... Jeff being held hostage by HMS and nascar may seem crazy, but considering some of the things posted here it's just par for the course.

I guess some people missed the sarcasm. lol

What do you mean "some people"
robertdjr.jpg

Because he's a racer, not some priss in a suit & tie.
That sounds neat, and badass, and all kinds of other good stuff - but Jeff's done very, very well for himself as "some priss in a suit & tie"...or as I'll call it, a business man. And he's poised to continue doing very, very well for himself when he takes off the fire suit. It's not a stretch.

That sounds neat, and badass, and all kinds of other good stuff - but Jeff's done very, very well for himself as "some priss in a suit & tie"...or as I'll call it, a business man. And he's poised to continue doing very, very well for himself when he takes off the fire suit. It's not a stretch.
I'll show you a stretch
18w67jsus6h19jpg.jpg

I remember your "hostage" post.

I remember you saying afterwards something like... Jeff being held hostage by HMS and nascar may seem crazy, but considering some of the things posted here it's just par for the course.

YA THINK?

It's all good. I've been accused a lot on this forum for HMS hating...couldn't be further from the truth. They've always been great to work with.

"What? Allenbaba's never seen that commercial? He's a fraud! Just some troll! He knows nothing! No way he watches races. KILL HIM!!!!!!"

YA THINK?

It's all good. I've been accused a lot on this forum for HMS hating...couldn't be further from the truth. They've always been great to work with.

Every now and then someone brings that story up and uses it to cast suspicion on anything you say including what you do for a living. lol

Are you still with Kurt?

Wow...sarcasm really does go over heads here. Yeah, I know the commercial. It's on every two minutes. Easily the most obnoxious media buy in the history of advertising. I've even taken showers, and somehow they've gotten that commercial to come out of my shower head.

Every now and then someone brings that story up and uses it to cast suspicion on anything you say including what you do for a living. lol

Are you still with Kurt?
Yeah. 78, too. We're actually working with 5 teams this season. Crazy. I devote most of my time to Kurt, though. I'm actually on a train to NYC right now to do some stuff with him on Tuesday.

Suspicion comes with message board posting...I never take it personally. I'd be suspicious of me too. I guess I could prove it easily enough though...who's his biggest fan here...wasn't it a girl? I'll take a fun picture for her/him.

Yeah. 78, too. We're actually working with 5 teams this season. Crazy. I devote most of my time to Kurt, though. I'm actually on a train to NYC right now to do some stuff with him on Tuesday.

Suspicion comes with message board posting...I never take it personally. I'd be suspicious of me too. I guess I could prove it easily enough though...who's his biggest fan here...wasn't it a girl? I'll take a fun picture for her/him.

Yes, her name is lisa.

You should get Kurt to hold up a sign in the picture with something like... This is for you, lisa.

I bet she'd get a big kick out of that. She really loves Kurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom