Does Jeff Gordon even care anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Marty D

His qualifying was pi$$ poor 17th...all his teammates are far ahead of him. Why even bother...just retire or become the new Terry Labonte of HMS.......I like Jeff but at least show the fans something!

My investigators and my undercover covert extry secret ops, report that Jeff is essentially being held hostage by Nascar and Hendricks.
He has been dreaming becoming a butterfly collector for years, but if he wants his family to live he has to satisfy the syndicate and illuminati.

Hence, he is just driving now cause they make him.

The Cowboys win a preseason game and are going to the Superbowl, now Jeff Gordon qualifies poorly for the second race of the year, and he might as well give it all up. :owquitit:

If you can call 17th out of 43 poorly that is. :p

Seriously I gave Alan crap yesterday but good old Gordon has a good piece with him for tomorrow.

My investigators and my undercover covert extry secret ops, report that Jeff is essentially being held hostage by Nascar and Hendricks.
He has been dreaming becoming a butterfly collector for years, but if he wants his family to live he has to satisfy the syndicate and iluminati.

That was a classic post imo.

If you can call 17th out of 43 poorly that is. :p

Seriously I gave Alan crap yesterday but good old Gordon has a good piece with him for tomorrow.
Gordon has never been the same since the debut or the COT and the "new" NASCAR...but thats OK enjoy living in 1998 and JG finishing 15th every week!

Gordon has never been the same since the debut or the COT and the "new" NASCAR...but thats OK enjoy living in 1998 and JG finishing 15th every week!

I will, thanks.

This thread might make sense if Gordon were back there with Joe Nemechek.

Last edited:
Gordon is coming off a 4th place finish in the Daytona 500 and a 6th place finish in the points last year, not exactly what I would consider washed up.

His qualifying was pi$$ poor 17th...all his teammates are far ahead of him. Why even bother...just retire or become the new Terry Labonte of HMS.......I like Jeff but at least show the fans something!
He has won many times from far worse starting spots...

He was on the verge on winning the cup in 2007 when NASCAR debuted the COT... He has won quite a few races and has made the chase every year the COT and further generation cars have been used. If anything is "holding his back" it is his age. Lets you do something athletic when you are in your 20s, then do it just as well in your 40s. He is still a stellar race car driver and the 17th place qualifying position in the inaugural knockout quals is not a detriment to his career.

He has been dreaming becoming a butterfly collector for years, but if he wants his family to live he has to satisfy the syndicate and illuminati.

lol You need to start sharing your mushrooms with all of us. ;)

I have to wonder if maybe racing a cup car and then driving a taxi cab for a little extra spending cash is more then Jeff can handle. They might need to put him in Kyles Nationwide car just to build his confidence back up.

What was that guy's name greg that started all of that, he's a 78 fan.

lol You need to start sharing your mushrooms with all of us. ;)

Mushrooms.... that launched some deep thouhts.

Mushrooms.... is good nice amd round and an upturned beautiful little bubble (more deep thoughts).

Ingrid nice and rou.......

ingrid-vandebosch-2011-nascar-sprint-cup-series_3638230.jpeg
ingrid-vandebosch-2011-nascar-sprint-cup-series_3638230.jpeg

Secret Siberianiska Russian agent they created just to keepJeff from even caring any more.

I think he's fine. I heard him in an interview about a week ago where he said he wants to retire a "Sprint Cup" champion and that the 4 trophies he has now are irrelevant in 2014. So calm down Marty!

I think he's fine. I heard him in an interview about a week ago where he said he wants to retire a "Sprint Cup" champion and that the 4 trophies he has now are irrelevant in 2014. So calm down Marty!
Wouldn't say irrelevant. Are Dale's 7 trophies irrelevant? They're still a testament to Jeff's talent. Just remember if the points system had not changed Gordon would have 6

Thing I remember most from him is "Jeff Gordon walks around the garage area like a man who wants to retire but is being held against his will by NASCAR"

It makes perfect sense. If they was holding your family hostage and telling you, that you can only really try twice a year (plus hire your own surrogate to supplant you) would you try?

It makes perfect sense. If they was holding your family hostage and telling you, that you can only really try twice a year (plus hire your own surrogate to supplant you) would you try?
Gordon has nothing to be held against him. He could walk away from NASCAR this week & he'd still be making hundreds if thousands a year.

Last year mid season I would have probably agreed with the o.p. Jeff kept saying it was bad luck, but it looked like he was laying down to me. But I was wrong, he got a couple of good luck breaks, came up in the points, made the chase, won a race, finished the season in good shape, and he did it with class. Off to a good start this year. Of course if he so much as hiccups, the retirement harpies will come out of the woodwork. The OP dummy apparently didn't see the 500 and before the second race has even happened, he is trying to form a lynch mob. This might make some sense if it was at the last of the season and Jeff wasn't close to making the chase.

Wouldn't say irrelevant. Are Dale's 7 trophies irrelevant? They're still a testament to Jeff's talent. Just remember if the points system had not changed Gordon would have 6

I wouldn't either. He (basically) said it! Haha

Jeff Gordon is the greatest Nascar driver of all time. He may have slowed a bit but he's still capable of winning another championship.
There's a reason he has more wins than anyone in the modern era - cause he's the best.

If I were a car owner and every driver was available, I think Jeff Gordon still makes the top 5 driver list that I'd be looking to hire.

I may be absolutely stupid, or just plain crazy, but I think both Jeff and Jr. feel like they have something to prove, and this year is going to be the year they do it. I really believe that Jeff is out to try to make a REAL run at #5...not saying he gets it...but I think he is going to make a lot more noise this year than he has the last couple years. On a side bar, I think Jr. may be look at a two win season..which is a big deal for him.

Something that I like is in his post race interview last week, Jeff said, he decided that a top 3 or 5 was better than wrecking the thing trying to win....smart racing...if he keeps that mind set, and the win falls every now and then...he will be dangerous this year. If he is given the right equipment, he can make a lot of today's "top drivers" look silly...

Reactions: JEB

Actually it seems like you're living in 1998 expecting Gordon to do now what he was doing then.

But yea, it was pretty awesome being a Gordon fan in 1998. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom