Dogecoin and reddit targeting JR in the most popular driver award

J

JEB

• Dogecoin/Reddit now targeting the Most Popular Driver award? UPDATES: Now that a pair of websites found a loophole to gain an advantage in the voting for last week's Sprint All-Star race, they now have set their goals for a loftier goal - taking down Dale Earnhardt Jr. in the Most Popular Driver award. Dogecoin and reddit.com, fresh off a stunning victory that earned Josh Wish a spot in the sport's all-star race last Saturday at the Charlotte Motor Speedway, already are laying out plans to flood the internet with votes for a driver who's never had a top-10 finish in 79-career starts. A large group of fans were able to affect the vote - FOX Sports reported one fan voted as many as 82,000 times - to get a starting spot in the all-star race. reddit.com, it boasted of being able to get its "shibes" to get Wise 98,000 votes in the final 11 hours of the balloting. The same web site now wants Wise to beat Earnhardt, who's won the most popular vote for 11 consecutive years. According toreddit.com, Wise supports the project. The voting format for the most popular driver award was posted on the web site, with suggestions of how to beat the intended system again.(Florida Times Union), voting for the Most Popular Driver award has not started yet. It was announced in March 2014 that voting would start sometime in May 2014.
    BUT Reddit.com is the largest online community on the planet, and hardly qualifies as a "small fan base." Reddit and Dogecoin members did not engage in "manipulation," they simply worked harder - and smarter - than any other group. They mobilized their fan base in a way that was both impressive and 100-percent legal.(Godfather Motorsports)
    AND Dogecoin and Reddit are selling #98 Dogecoin tshirts in which the proceeds from the campaign will be put towards sponsorship of #98-Josh Wise in the Fall Sprint Cup Series race at Talladega Superspeedway in October. They have already reached their goal of 5,000 tshirts to do the sponsorship.(5-21-2014)
    http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm#20140521g

I'm ok with the allstar race thing, but this is BS. I think the fan vote only counts for only a percentage of the overall vote anyway.

But still, vote early and often.

I love it. Although they should not have publicized it. Now Jr's ppl are going to put up a fight

Most Popular Driver voting to start in May: As the fan-driven National Motorsports Press Association's Most Popular Driver program launches for its 62nd season, the NMPA announced on Friday that the program will undergo changes for the 2014 season. Voting opens for the Most Popular Driver Award in May and will officially close at midnight on Sunday, Nov. 16. An official launch date will be announced in the near future. Once the program launches, fans will have the opportunity to vote by logging onto www.mostpopulardriver.com throughout the remainder of the season. The NMPA will release the official launch date for the program in the near future.(NASCAR.com)(3-1-2014)

Unless they change it there will be one vote per email address per day. If they want they can make any changes they want. And also it's not Nascar driven It's the NMPA ( National Motorsports Press association) that controls it.

http://www.mostpopulardriver.com/

"AND Dogecoin and Reddit are selling #98 Dogecoin tshirts in which the proceeds from the campaign will be put towards sponsorship of #98-Josh Wise in the Fall Sprint Cup Series race at Talladega Superspeedway in October. They have already reached their goal of 5,000 tshirts to do the sponsorship.(5-21-2014)"

This is the best thing about the article. Could care less about popular driver but this is actually helping the team.

If Jr. is dethroned and Wise is crowned most popular it will solidify the lack of credibility of the reddit community and most certainly bring changes to the way NASCAR conducts voting in the future.
I don't think it will happen. You can believe they are working on a "Foolproof" way of voting to be sure that it's fair. See what I did there? :D

It always seemed like a beauty contest type of BS award to me anyway. Kind like a meaningless group hug.
What happens on the track is the reality, and popularity and speed are two totally different matters.

Real driver performance is measured on the track, not on a fan ballot.

It always seemed like a beauty contest type of BS award to me anyway. Kind like a meaningless group hug.
What happens on the track is the reality, and popularity and speed are two totally different matters.

Is a group hug meaningless if it's you and a group of bikini models? :)

My bet is that the all-star snafu will be the last time we get taken off guard by voting results in Nascar. IMO

Here
ya go Greg. Get in the middle of this.

1297730735pre--683304078586009278.jpg

Is that you on the left side behind the girls?

Last edited:
The brain will not let this occur?

The brain will think that this is a good idea because it'll drum up publicity for NASCAR. I know the old saying is that any publicity is good publicity, but as a man who runs his own dog kennel for five years now, I usually try to avoid bad publicity because bad publicity actually hurts my business. Dunno if the same applies to NASCAR.

Doge coin and reddit are starting to annoy me. Now they are just trying to prove a point. What it is, I don't know.

Here
ya go Greg. Get in the middle of this.

1297730735pre--683304078586009278.jpg

Is that you on the left side behind the girls?

Thanks I needed that, now I can make it through the day.

Doge coin and reddit are starting to annoy me. Now they are just trying to prove a point.
Yeah, they're not. They're working on other projects like sponsoring an Australian V8 Supercar now. Happy trolling to the Florida Times Union, though.

Except that it's not a measure of performance. It has nothing to do with performance. It's simply a measure of popularity. Nothing more.

Not necessarily you but I'm not sure why this concept is lost..... the driver that wins this award is the driver with the most avid fan following. What the reddit followers are doing has nothing whatsoever to do with popularity. Wise simply represents a group of people that have the means and the time to waste their time on such trivial, meaningless, pursuits. It's too bad they could devote their time to more meaningful causes then to simply exploit a flawed voting system.

Seems like they have an identity crisis and feel the need to say, "look what we did."
If they were smart and really want to impress people, they'd be raising money to feed the homeless, habitat for humanity, wounded warrior, etc.

Wait a minute, they do online voting for the Most Popular Driver award, and anybody can do it? I thought only certain people got to do it - like, you had to pay to be a member of some group or something.

Anyway, this Junior fan doesn't really care about a mere popularity contest. As long as my man continues to run well and maybe win a race or two along the way, I'm happy. The Redditors (or Shibes, or whatever they call themselves) can troll all they want.

Seems like they have an identity crisis and feel the need to say, "look what we did."
If they were smart and really want to impress people, they'd be raising money to feed the homeless, habitat for humanity, wounded warrior, etc.
Looks like you got another one with a crush for your butt bobby. :D

Unless they change it there will be one vote per email address per day.

like jr fans only vote once a day. i'm with slice, believe i'll vote wise because the whole voting things stinks anyway.

This is a forum. You're entitled to your opinion even if it's misguided. :cool:

Unless they change it there will be one vote per email address per day.
Catch up with the times gramps :D people can have unlimited email addresses. It should be 1 vote per IP address

thanks, and yes it is just my opinion right or wrong

Catch up with the times gramps :D people can have unlimited email addresses. It should be 1 vote per IP address
Well if I were of a mind I could vote quite a bit. I have a proxy server account with access to 5 cities of my choice. I can mix and match whenever I choose and no one will have a clue.

Back
Top Bottom