Dogecoin and reddit targeting JR in the most popular driver award

Kids nowadays think they know everything. Until they get off the tit and into the real world. Then they find out how little they know. It happens every generation. But they'll tell you that they're different. They'll even tell you what you're doing wrong.
Just like my kid tried to do. There's a reason why we haven't spoke in almost two years. It's the same reason that he's afraid to come to my house. ;)

Well if I were of a mind I could vote quite a bit. I have a proxy server account with access to 5 cities of my choice. I can mix and match whenever I choose and no one will have a clue.
You mean how the shibes were of a mind & voted for Josh

There's a reason why we haven't spoke in almost two years. It's the same reason that he's afraid to come to my house. ;)
image.jpg

Kids nowadays think they know everything. Until they get off the tit and into the real world. Then they find out how little they know. It happens every generation. But they'll tell you that they're different. They'll even tell you what you're doing wrong.
Just like my kid tried to do. There's a reason why we haven't spoke in almost two years. It's the same reason that he's afraid to come to my house. ;)
Hell to me a kid is anybody under 50.

Well there are probably more redditors than there are Nascar fans, so if they deem wise the most popular then who am I to argue.

I think a lot of you are hypocrites. I think you guys are only throwing a fit because it is a lesser known driver/team that they are backing. I bet if they had decided to back a driver like Dillon, Larson, or Smith and voted them into the All-Star race half of you guys wouldn't give a damn. It is a stupid fan vote, get over it.

It'll be interesting to see how long they support a guy that runs at the tail end of the field.
I guess you didn't get the memo bobby. We're hypocrites and fit throwers so we're in time out for awhile. :rolleyes:

It comes down to if you support or dont care about the reddit effort and Wise wins the MPD award - you'll survive.
If you are butthurt over the situation and Wise wins, sucks to be you again.

It comes down to if you support or dont care about the reddit effort and Wise wins the MPD award - you'll survive.
If you are butthurt over the situation and Wise wins, sucks to be you again.
Basically.

I'm glad you put that extra qualifier in there because I do feel like the silly "butthurt" and "hater" labels have been getting thrown at anyone that doesn't 100% support the Redditors in everything they do. Once again, everybody is entitled to their own opinion.

I can't believe we've been talking about Dogecoin and Reddit all friggin' week. Who else is ready for the 600?

I'm glad you put that extra qualifier in there because I do feel like the silly "butthurt" and "hater" labels have been getting thrown at anyone that doesn't 100% support the Redditors in everything they do. Once again, everybody is entitled to their own opinion

myself i feel like danica and dale jr have been crammed down everyone's throats who ever tuned in to watch a nascar race, so when the roles gets reversed, you dang right we're going rub it in. i think jr has a fine nascar career already, but every pole with his name as an option he would win and usually by a landslide, and danica's gimmick is really no different than reddit.

Wouldn't it be funny if Nascar did more to ptotect the Most Popular Driver Vote than they did to protect the points system . Too Hollywood.

myself i feel like danica and dale jr have been crammed down everyone's throats who ever tuned in to watch a nascar race, so when the roles gets reversed, you dang right we're going rub it in. i think jr has a fine nascar career already, but every pole with his name as an option he would win and usually by a landslide, and danica's gimmick is really no different than reddit.
Score

I think the problem people have is that the driver isn't popular, they are only voting for him because of the fact he's got their stuff on his car, they'd vote for whoever was on their car and that's it. If Jr lose it to a driver who got voted because they was true fans of the driver I not care, if he loses to someone because of the fact the people voted for him JUST because of his car, that's where it's stupid, he's not popular his car is.

Except that it's not a measure of performance. It has nothing to do with performance. It's simply a measure of popularity. Nothing more.

Not necessarily you but I'm not sure why this concept is lost..... the driver that wins this award is the driver with the most avid fan following. What the reddit followers are doing has nothing whatsoever to do with popularity. Wise simply represents a group of people that have the means and the time to waste their time on such trivial, meaningless, pursuits.

dp------contrarian view. ......not argumentive.
only meaningless / etc...... if fan's guy don't win. ?
are jr -n- elliot mpd votes over tha yrs ok ? even tho club organized .....just like this.
reddit 's just got a bigger base w/ this format.

nascar wanted social media..........they got it . growin pains !
is what it is. they'll work it out.

maybe they need ta pay mo dogecoin ta IT crew in charlotte ?

the fan vote can't give this trophy
shiptrophy_zps48105d16.jpg

so he better cherish this one
MostPopularDriver_zps1e0d7911.jpg

I think some of us are missing the point of the Most Popular Driver Award . It has been won in the past by Cale , Richard Petty , Bobby Allison, David Pearson , Bill Elliott and ,yes, Dale Sr., drivers who had more fans than anybody else . . The fact that it is won by a driver that you don't like , doesn't mean that it is a stupid award . It just means that you are in the minority .

The funniest part of the whole Reddit infiltration is that a NASCAR Cup driver has logged on to Reddit and thanked a Redditor with the username "unicorn-butt-sex" several times for his instrumental role in getting him sponsored and voted in to the All Star race.

The funniest part of the whole Reddit infiltration is that a NASCAR Cup driver has logged on to Reddit and thanked a Redditor with the username "unicorn-butt-sex" several times for his instrumental role in getting him sponsored and voted in to the All Star race.

Nothing funny about this deal . I'm thinkin that with Reddit's help , we can get Aiden into the allstar race next year . You in?

I think some of us are missing the point of the Most Popular Driver Award . It has been won in the past by Cale , Richard Petty , Bobby Allison, David Pearson , Bill Elliott and ,yes, Dale Sr., drivers who had more fans than anybody else . . The fact that it is won by a driver that you don't like , doesn't mean that it is a stupid award . It just means that you are in the minority .

Just because it's been won by a small group of drivers doesn't mean it has credibility. It's an award that has nothing to do with a drivers track performance. Lately, it has more to do with who your Dad is (as opposed to how many Female boobs you were born with)

I l like how the Redditors are shining the light on how easily manipulated NASCAR's rules are.

So, do you feel if Wise won MPD it would somehow taint the award? I am not sure how I feel...NASCAR has set the stage, and Reddit is doing everything within the rules...I know what you are saying about the history of the award...so many angles.

Here
ya go Greg. Get in the middle of this.

1297730735pre--683304078586009278.jpg

Is that you on the left side behind the girls?
Damn, Johali...I had my weekend all plannned out to just sit around and eat and watch racing all weekend...but, now I have this sudden urge to go to the freakin beach for some strange reason.:D

Guys, when people abruptly change the subject and/or start making things personal, they've conceded the point to you. Accept it, thank them and move on :)

dp------contrarian view. ......not argumentive.
only meaningless / etc...... if fan's guy don't win. ?
are jr -n- elliot mpd votes over tha yrs ok ? even tho club organized .....just like this.
reddit 's just got a bigger base w/ this format.

nascar wanted social media..........they got it . growin pains !
is what it is. they'll work it out.

maybe they need ta pay mo dogecoin ta IT crew in charlotte ?
I'm worried about "me" dawg, I understood that.

Damn, Johali...I had my weekend all plannned out to just sit around and eat and watch racing all weekend...but, now I have this sudden urge to go to the freakin beach for some strange reason.:D
YEP. That's one of the many perks of living here. :D

You're right, it doesn't mean that it is a stupid award. But, if the votes were generated by manipulating the voting system, then, IMO, the results are tainted and invalid.
The difference between Josh Wise and the aforementioned drivers is Victory Lane.
How did Wise become so popular overnight with no top 5's, no top 10's and no wins in 79 Cup races? Simple, tainted votes.
Only a fool bets on a 50-1 horse.

You're right, it doesn't mean that it is a stupid award. But, if the votes were generated by manipulating the voting system, then, IMO, the results are tainted and invalid.
The difference between Josh Wise and the aforementioned drivers is Victory Lane.
How did Wise become so popular overnight with no top 5's, no top 10's and no wins in 79 Cup races? Simple, tainted votes.
Only a fool bets on a 50-1 horse.

Think you meant
doge.png

Catch up with the times gramps :D people can have unlimited email addresses. It should be 1 vote per IP address

There are Proxy IP programs. You can refresh those and get a new IP with each refresh.

There's been times when I used such a program. Hehehe....

Back
Top Bottom