Dogecoin and reddit targeting JR in the most popular driver award

There are Proxy IP programs. You can refresh those and get a new IP with each refresh.

There's been times when I used such a program. Hehehe....
Used em all the time in highschool to get on blocked sites. Also did some tricks on the command prompt but thats gone out of memory now.

Why is this still relevant? Regardless of fan votes or which driver has more friends.... why don't people look at this as what it really is... a group of people helping a low funded team race... remember Dogecoin was on that car at Talladega before any of this voting crap mattered.. and it was awesome, but now because he beat Danica and going after Dale (2 millionaires) its all of a sudden a big deal? There's a good chance this could elevate that entire team and I can't see any reason whatsoever that makes that a bad thing...

What? Because Danica lost a vote and Dale might lose one too? Please. :rolleyes:

Maybe NASCAR should switch to a mail in vote that has a form you have to fill out and requires signatures?

I'll be able to vote at least 10 times per day. Some days maybe more depending on time. Being in IT and having full access to so many computers and ID's makes it easy. Lots of IT dudes on Reddit will be able to do the same. This is going to be fun.:)

I remember the years that Bill E won MPD. His fans clubs organized and voted. The only reason he didn't win his 14th in a row in 2001 was because he
took himself out of the voting at the first of the year.

All the award means is that a driver got more votes than the others. If the reddit crowd gets it for Josh Wise, it will show how truly ridiculous the process is.

I may join Jr. Nation and help them with their driver. IMHO Earnhardt Jr. should win that award because he's the only driver who is popular enough as to where his fandom is actually called Jr. Nation.

I'm worried about "me" dawg, I understood that.

Well I can translate a barking dogs words provided that he barks English, but I cant figure out Hawt Dawgs.

I remember the years that Bill E won MPD. His fans clubs organized and voted. The only reason he didn't win his 14th in a row in 2001 was because he

All the award means is that a driver got more votes than the others. If the reddit crowd gets it for Josh Wise, it will show how truly ridiculous the process is.

Forgot to add --- It will also demean the award itself.

I can't believe how shook up some of you are over a couple of trivial popularity contests. School must have been an awful time for you.

I can't believe how shook up some of you are over a couple of trivial popularity contests. School must have been an awful time for you.
They gotta make up for being picked last in football on this forum

It'll be interesting to see how long they support a guy that runs at the tail end of the field.
That won't matter to them. Their point in the whole thing, the way I see it, is to win the internet. In fact, they'd probably be happier with a car at the end of the field winning one of their vote manipulation exercises than anything else.

That won't matter to them. Their point in the whole thing, the way I see it, is to win the internet. In fact, they'd probably be happier with a car at the end of the field winning one of their vote manipulation exercises than anything else.
An accomplishment of epic proportion. :D

I get why they voted Josh Wise into the All Star race, I mean I get trying to give a fellow Redditor (yes, Josh Wise is also on Reddit) exposure and maybe help him move up in the NASCAR world. However, I don't agree with whatever plans they have for the MPD awards. I think the MPD awards should go to a driver who is actually....popular, and Josh Wise is not it. Hel, the only reason people are talking about Josh now is because of the All Star race. I'm sure after a couple of weeks he'll fall back into obscurity.

myself i feel like danica and dale jr have been crammed down everyone's throats who ever tuned in to watch a nascar race, so when the roles gets reversed, you dang right we're going rub it in. i think jr has a fine nascar career already, but every pole with his name as an option he would win and usually by a landslide, and danica's gimmick is really no different than reddit.

remember the AT&T fastest pit crew award. Fans vote every race who they thought had the fastest pit stops. According to that Jr had the best crew around!

When was the last time you gave an underfunded team a sponsor and name recognition?
It's not the job of the NASCAR fan to give a driver name recognition. It's the job of the driver to get themselves noticed with their driving ability.
Jimmie Johnson became popular by being a successful racecar driver. If you're a driver, you generate a fanbase by putting on a show for the fans.

It's not the job of the NASCAR fan to give a driver name recognition. It's the job of the driver to get themselves noticed with their driving ability.
The tides have turned. Again, if this we're true, Danica would not have legions of fans.
Danica caters to many women because she is a female racer.
Josh caters to many internet kids because he is a redditer.

I remember that too. I've always felt it is a meaningless award.

The tides have turned. Again, if this we're true, Danica would not have legions of fans.
Danica caters to many women because she is a female racer.
Josh caters to many internet kids because he is a redditer.
No, the tides haven't turned. No social media community is wasting their money on Danica.
Like I said, a fool and his Dogecoins are soon parted. Invest in something that has a chance of yielding a return.
They're pouring their money into a hole in the ground and I'll continue to enjoy watching them lose money :)

No, the tides haven't turned. No social media community is wasting their money on Danica.
Like I said, a fool and his Dogecoins are soon parted. Invest in something that has a chance of yielding a return.
They're pouring their money into a hole in the ground and I'll continue to enjoy watching them lose money :)
And the female audience isnt pouring money into a merch hole? A midpack driver that will never win a race? What about the male audience danica has strung up from her sexy advertising? Youre a fan somehow of a driver whether it be skills, personal appearence, or sponsor relations.

And the female audience isnt pouring money into a merch hole? A midpack driver that will never win a race? What about the male audience danica has strung up from her sexy advertising? Youre a fan somehow of a driver whether it be skills, personal appearence, or sponsor relations.

You talking about Josh Wise? :(

Danicas gonna win......just wait for the explosion

Looks like other small teams are following suit with crowdfunding.

http://www.gofundme.com/9frg98

Created by Ryan Ellis on May 22, 2014

The FDNY Race Team, (fdnyracing.com) is an established NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, (NCWTS) team that runs a limited part-time schedule and donates all its funds from racing – souvenir revenue to the FDNY & NYPD widows and children's fund. The team owner Jim Rosenblum, his driver Ryan Ellis, and the FDNY firemen crew are all unpaid volunteers. On May 16 while competing in the NC Education Lottery 200 at Charlotte Motor Speedway the truck pictured above was destroyed in a 180 mph wreck caused by another driver, (see youtube.com/watch?v=A-i-RoNeqmA ). Our driver, Ryan Ellis, was not seriously hurt. We are seeking individual and corporate donations to help rebuild the FDNY NCWTS truck so we can continue to support the 9/11 survivor funds with our team’s NASCAR operations. Individuals who donate $1000 or more will receive a limited edition 1/24 die cast FDNY NCWTS truck signed by our driver, Ryan Ellis. Corporations that donate $5,000 or more will receive full associate sponsorship rights for our upcoming nationally-televised races at Pocono and Talladega Speedways, a commemorative signed photo and signage on the #28 FDNY NCWTS commensurate with the donation level. All donations over $100 will be recognized by name displayed on the deck lid of the #28 FDNY truck. Donations can also be made by mailing a check directly to: FDNY Racing, 125 Carroll Avenue Mamaroneck, NY 10543

Josh Wise just isn't stopping with the r/Nascar or r/dogecoin crowd of Reddit. He has now turned to the gamers too! Hmmm, I like the way he thinks. Get a different subreddit to sponsor your car for each race. Might just work out.

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/2687mr/hey_rgaming_josh_wise_here_how_do_you_feel_about/

save
[–]dogedriver[S] 31 points 1 day ago

I just thought this would be a fun way for you all to be a part of a race! Hopefully you are excited and if not- we won't put the sticker on! Hope to get in the loop on what you all are racing on and get some challenges going!! :)

[–]unicorn_butt_sex 8 points 1 day ago

I'm going to guess you got iRacing as a sponsor at dover?

FWIW, Danica is valuable, not only as a driver but also from a marketing standpoint. IMO, sure, she's an underdog talent-wise, but not only is she the only girl out there, she's also the fastest girl out there. She appeals to a broad demographic.
Seriously, I'm really only bagging on Wise because of all of the hype, and because of a few tactless posters here on RF.
In reality though, IMO, Wise, at 31 years old, does not bring anything substantial to the the table as a racecar driver or from a marketing standpoint. He's just another one of the guys running in the back of the pack.
Take Travis Pastrana, for example. Not much in the talent department as a NASCAR driver, but certainly marketable with the fan crossover from X-Games.
I just don't see Josh Wise having any real value from a team owner perspective.

Back
Top Bottom