Don't be surprised..

Joey is definitely headed in the right direction, and will probably be a factor in 2014. He could make the chase this year, but he needs a TON of help. Right now he's 16th in points, 27 out of 10th, with only 4 races left before the chase. He has Kahne with 2 wins and Newman with 1 ahead of him in the 11-20 range. And even if they get back in the top-10, that likely means guys like Biffle and Truex would fall out, both of whom also have wins. Yes, Joey does still have a shot at making the 2013 chase, but I'd put his chances at 15-20% at best.

This might work if you were talking about Kez, or Logano going back to N'wide, but chaseless Logano isn't that good. All the Hendrick cars fell out last time at Michigan, and he can't even beat the slowest one. Doubt they will have a bad day this weekend. The fat lady is warming up and it is time to start working on your next year spiel for a driver who has never been even close to a top ten finish.

This might work if you were talking about Kez, or Logano going back to N'wide, but chaseless Logano isn't that good. All the Hendrick cars fell out last time at Michigan, and he can't even beat the slowest one. Doubt they will have a bad day this weekend. The fat lady is warming up and it is time to start working on your next year spiel for a driver who has never been even close to a top ten finish.
Nope, were talkin about Joey in cup... this year lol. Also he lead a bunch of laps before the Hendrick guys blew up.. Im not sure I dont really remember but Im pretty sure pit strategy ended him back in the pack for a late restart. And my next year spiel.. lol well like Ive said, if you pay attention you would have seen that team is a threat. They're performing and I think next year will be even better.. obviously. Right now its time to try n make the chase though.. keep in mind theyve been saying for weeks that theyre not ready to go all out for a win yet because they thought they could make it in points. After 2 top 10's at Pocono and Indy and losing 2 points on 10th Im pretty sure they know they need to win now. Even if it comes in Kenseth fashion a win is a win right? Two fantastic tracks coming up where he can get one and then, while Atlanta isnt a good track for him in the past 1.5 mile tracks have been their strog suit so I wouldnt be surprised to see him run well there either.

Did Logano run race setups or just qualifying setups?

Most of the drivers, certainly the Hendrick camp only ran qualfying setups so its hard to tell who has the fastest car.

If Joey is gonna get a win before the Chase, this would be the place. Michigan is very similar to Auto Club, and we know how well he ran there. Only this time he won't have to worry about Denny Hamlin battling him for the win or Tony Stewart pulling his hair ;)

Most of the drivers, certainly the Hendrick camp only ran qualfying setups so its hard to tell who has the fastest car.
I think Gordon sadly worked on nothing but qualifying setups. But he isn't in the back. this is Ford's hail Mary track, they pull out all the stops. Roush has always gone crazy here. he is probably hitting the Malox pretty heavy with both Penske Ford's ahead of him.

If Joey is gonna get a win before the Chase, this would be the place. Michigan is very similar to Auto Club, and we know how well he ran there. Only this time he won't have to worry about Denny Hamlin battling him for the win or Tony Stewart pulling his hair ;)
Remember he also ran pretty good at Bristol earlier this year.

He ran race runs... BK was saying he has the car to beat and Joey said in his interview that the cars great in race trim, great in q trim, and hes looking to win it. He was near the top of race run times tho. I know he was 2nd at one point and went back to like 18th. Then came back out and went up to 12th, still in race trim because when he came out the last time he ran 1st quick at the time and ended up 4th.... so basically, I think he was faster in race trim than some guys were in q trim.

BK said he had a faster car than he did...sometimes I think you are going to jump off a building with your Joey suit on..Hell Danica has a pole.o_O

your confused..Dnewton at ESPN said that on Kez's site.o_O You and he should get together though he sounds almost as jacked up as you do over 16th place.

He says he picked Joey for a top 5.... and Brad replied "car to beat this weekend".. whats to be confused about?... I even saw him say live that Joey is faster than him.. "my team mate Joey Logano is blistering fast".. and said something like we may have to take a few notes from them.

Never mind..this B.S. has been going on all year. I forgot myself. Do you have a Joey shrine built yet?

Never mind..this B.S. has been going on all year. I forgot myself. Do you have a Joey shrine built yet?

Our boy SliceBread has been going overdrive teh past hour or so.

I remember when I used to get all jacked up when Gordon won poles too. lol

Yeah .. I almost forgot you too.. I still don't get where the confusion comes in lol but whatever have fun bein a hater.. lol and no.. no shrine.. just that avatar and infinite confident persistence.

Our boy SliceBread has been going overdrive teh past hour or so.

I remember when I used to get all jacked up when Gordon won poles too. lol
Well last time he won a pole was Pocono, and that helped him win that race .. and Ive been looking forward to this race for weeks.. well its clear by this thread that days ago I called him for the win.. and he's definitely fast. Lookin good so far startin in the right spot lol.

"We decided a couple weeks ago we needed to win. So we went out, and now we got one. So maybe we need to start deciding we need to win more often and we can get more wins."

-Joey Logano

"We decided a couple weeks ago we needed to win. So we went out, and now we got one. So maybe we need to start deciding we need to win more often and we can get more wins."

-Joey Logano

If I had wings..

Nice job Joey, he's really starting to come into his own. Maybe he has a shot at the Chase yet. He certainly had a strong run going last time they were at Bristol until he got tangled up with some other guy who I won't mention lol.

Hey SlicedBread you must be loving this right now eh? Got to hand it to you, you called it.

Nice job Joey, he's really starting to come into his own. Maybe he has a shot at the Chase yet. He certainly had a strong run going last time they were at Bristol until he got tangled up with some other guy who I won't mention lol.

Hey SlicedBread you must be loving this right now eh? Got to hand it to you, you called it.
I will only mention the first initial of the last name,
Denny Hamlin

Thank you! Finally some recognition lol.. Ive been waitin for this race for weeks, actually I'm looking forward to a possible repeat next week.

Back
Top Bottom