Don't forget, there's racing tonight and tomorrow night

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)
UNOH Battle at the Beach

NASCAR Whelen All American Series, tonight at 7pm. SPEED.
NASCAR K&N Pro Series, tomorrow at 7pm on SPEED followed immediaetly by the NASCAR Whelen Modifieds (also on SPEED).

NASCAR Home Tracks has live streaming of all the practice sessions and heat races at www.nascarhometracks.com. RACE22.com (Twitter: @RACE22) and Speed51.com also have it covered.

Auto-tuned them yesterday. :)

The Late Model race will be interesting ... a lot of dynamics at play. First is, they didn't do time-trials - they set the field for the twin heats by virtue of times during the final practice session. Lynn Carroll wants to do away with time trials altogether and wants every NASCAR sanctioned track to run heat races instead. They did the same thing at Martinsville this past year/

Second is the perimeter vs. straight-rail deal. The perimeter chassis is the regular NASCAR Late Model Stock. They look more like a Cup or Nationwide car. The straight-rail chassis are Super Late Model chassis. They're purpose-built - faster, more aerodynamic, the weight's in the left side so they can turn easier. The straight-rails have such a huge advantage - so much so that guys like Lee Pulliam decided to race those instead of their Late Models. So, Lynn Carroll is forcing the SLM chassis to bolt lead to the center of the car to weigh them down and make sure they don't have the advantage.

UARA racer Coleman Pressley, in a Late Model, and Kingsport driver Nate Monteith were fastest in practice and will lead their respective heat races to the green.

I'm familiar with the modifieds, but the other 2 will be new to me. Should be interesting.

Provided the expected thunderstorms don't interfere with watching --- or the computer.

I'm familiar with the modifieds, but the other 2 will be new to me. Should be interesting.

Provided the expected thunderstorms don't interfere with watching --- or the computer.

The K&N cars are basically ARCA cars (the fourth generation Cup cars). They usually race on short tracks and road courses - Rockingham, Richmond and Dover are the biggest tracks they go to.

I wanna see Larson do doughnuts with his steering wheel out the window. And based on his heat race, I think it could happen.

I thought I had read this morning that Wes Faulk wasn't running, but was going to be C.E.'s crew chief.

Tell you what, the perimeter cars look better than the straight-rail cars. Lynn Carroll ain't gonna let himself look a fool on national television.

Lee Pulliam's going to brake check Mike Looney again and he'll be jumping in to Lake Lloyd to find his racecar. Mike Looney doesn't give a damn what he has to do, he's a Honey Badger.

Honey Badger's up to fourth and Nate Monteith is in fifth - huge rally after a crash in the heat race. If Monteith wins this, I feel bad for anyone who told hi he wouldn't.

Back
Top Bottom