Don't forget, there's racing tonight and tomorrow night

I see Ken Squire is there, but I'm glad he not in the booth. Tremendous respect for the man, but he doesn't have what it takes to call a race anymore.

He called the practice sessions earlier - he's one of the greatest but he was awful. Still, he's doing what he loves to do.

That was pretty cheap. Still a fan of Larson, but damn.

BUT JEESUS! HOW ABOUT THOSE LAST FEW LAPS!!!!

Oh, everyone from NC, VA, well, NASCAR country in general is freaking the hell out. Of course they're also judging Larson for the rest of his life based on this one move (which, I will agree, was pretty cheap.)

Oh, everyone from NC, VA, well, NASCAR country in general is freaking the hell out. Of course they're also judging Larson for the rest of his life based on this one move (which, I will agree, was pretty cheap.)

Most drivers would've done that. I think the difference is, Kyle Larson is a NASCAR driver. He's got a full-time Truck ride and is destined for Cup. The media's hyped him up as the greatest driver in the history of racing. He wrecked out a guy who, no matter how many races he wins (which is a lot BTW), will NEVER get any of the opportunities that Larson's going to get.

I like Larson but it was bull****. It was bull**** when Logano did it to Peyton Sellers. It's bull**** when Kyle Busch does it at local short tracks. It's bull**** when Joey Logano dumps Johanna Long in a Nationwide race for no reason. And it's bull**** tonight. The first bump was fair. The next two were cheap shots.

That's what the NASCAR people (and even a lot of Cup drivers on Twitter tonight) are upset about.

Wonder if this race is gonna happen again next year? Crowd was pretty pathetic. Everyone I could see sitting in my section was very clearly friends, family, or crew from Late models, Modifieds or K&N. Pretty much almost no real spectators. Maybe it will be better for the big K&N show... They should just move it back to Irwindale, it was better there anyway. And warmer!

Wonder if this race is gonna happen again next year? Crowd was pretty pathetic. Everyone I could see sitting in my section was very clearly friends, family, or crew from Late models, Modifieds or K&N. Pretty much almost no real spectators. Maybe it will be better for the big K&N show... They should just move it back to Irwindale, it was better there anyway. And warmer!

NASCAR didn't promote the Late Model race, at all. We (RACE22) were the only ones doing ANY coverage of it.

I just watched the last 15 laps again, and Larson drove them consistently dirty. When he passed Falk with 10 to go he pushed him into and out of the groove entering T1, and finally took the lead out of T4.

- Falk passed back cleanly (in spite of owing Larson some retaliation), only to have Larson using the bumper again out of T4 and pushing him into 1 again.

-He hooked Falk's quarter panel between 1 and 2 with 6 laps to go. That one is debatable, but it is still a continuation of the chrome horn.

After they took the white flag Falk maintained a full car length lead. If you watch the entry to 3, Falks brake point can be seen as the weight transfers and the front end lowers, there is no way Larson braking is point or marks is some 50 feet down the track into 3

It was a deliberate hit to knock him out of the way. I am not a fan of bump and runs but this one wasn't a good one in any case. Falk wasn't blocking or holding Larson back. It was Larson just using 8 tires to stop his radical dive bomb. Falk was faster and had him outclassed. No justification he couldn't even stay on his bumper other wise.

After the third hit didn't finish Falk, he hooked him for the win. A cheap win he wasn't moving some slower guy out of the way.

I hope Falk gets to even the score in the future.

NASCAR didn't promote the Late Model race, at all. We (RACE22) were the only ones doing ANY coverage of it.
Tbh, I had no expectations for a crowd for this. Its Monday and Tuesday. Strike 1. Its a k&n event in the east (crowds are better in the west.) Strike 2. Don't know strike 3, would have been better if it was at a real short track like new smyrna. Guessing it'll be one and done

Tbh, I had no expectations for a crowd for this. Its Monday and Tuesday. Strike 1. Its a k&n event in the east (crowds are better in the west.) Strike 2. Don't know strike 3, would have been better if it was at a real short track like new smyrna. Guessing it'll be one and done

The problem with tonight is, NASCAR doesn't care about Late Model racing.

I'd hate to see this race go back to the left coast and our drivers in this region continue to be ignored by NASCAR and the Motorsports media. Fact is, we have the best drivers in the country and that's why seven of the last 10 NASCAR Whelen All American Series National Championships have been in Virginia.

Its not like the car counts are great this weekend anyway. I went to the final 2 at irwindale, definitely a much cooler feel with that race. I'd like it back at iriwndale or maybe try the lvms bullring
P

Its not like the car counts are great this weekend anyway. I went to the final 2 at irwindale, definitely a much cooler feel with that race. I'd like it back at iriwndale or maybe try the lvms bullring
P

I think the rules package, and NASCAR's lack of promotion for the LMSC race, hurt the car counts.

Ultimately, if I was NASCAR, I'd rather televise a race that had the best Late Model racers in the country. I liked the K&N West Showdown at Irwindale - but the Late Model and Super Late Model races at Irwindale that they televised were a joke. I'd rather see all the K&N guys, all the modified guys and the best Late Model drivers.

The late model races at irwindale did suck. I don't go for the paved late.models anyway. Only good late models are on dirt IMO
I do very much like the addition of the whelen modified tour though, and that would not have been possible out west. Still overall as a fan attending I definitely prefer irwindale. Though this is certainly much better than the race being canceled like last year

The late model races at irwindale did suck. I don't go for the paved late.models anyway. Only good late models are on dirt IMO
I do very much like the addition of the whelen modified tour though, and that would not have been possible out west. Still overall as a fan attending I definitely prefer irwindale. Though this is certainly much better than the race being canceled like last year

If you only care about K&N, Irwindale's the way to go.

NASCAR didn't do a good job promoting the Late Model race. Probably because they didn't know anything themselves. RACE22 was the only place that knew, well, anything.

Back
Top Bottom