Dover Pre-Race Thread

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
1650986686091.png

I think the racing here is gonna be a good one this week, I've always enjoyed Dover. I hope the fans show up and they get a good show. I also hope this track sticks around for a while.

By the way if anyone else is heading to Dover and didn't check with SMI owning it now you can't bring in hard sided coolers anymore just soft side

found some better pictures than I did.
The iconic image that mentioning Dover elicits for me is Chase hanging his head on the roof of the car after letting Busch beat him, with Jimmie Johnson there trying to run interference for him with media so he could get it together.

That and Jeff Burton resurrecting his career by passing Kenseth for the win in the 31.

My seats right in front of the restart zone from the 2019 fall race. This is the race Logano blew a axel on the pace laps. Everyone cheered and I wept 😂🤣😂🤣. I’ve never been so happy to see a car 20laps down on the track.

Larson won in his Chip Ganassi 42.

5517E816-61F8-4298-A5CC-3A55FB04EA55.jpeg

As a Jeff Burton fan I was fighting tears that day. That was a great race to watch no matter who you were a fan of and then they ran it back at Texas the following year.
Same. After what seemed like an eternity of s*** boxes at the end of his Roush tenure, it was a resurrection of sorts. It was the most elation I've felt watching a race, maybe short of Chase's first win and the Championship win.

Love this race.

I really hope this car is awesome here, lack of side force is going to make this place extremely treacherous. Dover has been rough the last few years so I'm hoping for the best. IMO Dover & Darlington should be amazing each time with this new car

I really hope this car is awesome here, lack of side force is going to make this place extremely treacherous. Dover has been rough the last few years so I'm hoping for the best. IMO Dover & Darlington should be amazing each time with this new car
I hope we're back to the days of the drivers hanging the right rear out coming off the corners, holding on for life. If only it were ashpalt so we'd see the RR smoking. :cool:

Does anyone else that goes to Dover often think the recent “right-sizing” was a weird way to do it? Why not take the end sections off where the empty seats were, rather than take away some of the best seats in the house removing the high sections and leave it a weird shape in 3-4. Just seems strange. Top 10 rows in turn 4 and turn 1 were some of the best views on the circuit.

Does anyone else that goes to Dover often think the recent “right-sizing” was a weird way to do it? Why not take the end sections off where the empty seats were, rather than take away some of the best seats in the house removing the high sections and leave it a weird shape in 3-4. Just seems strange. Top 10 rows in turn 4 and turn 1 were some of the best views on the circuit.
They probably looked at the ticket sales for those areas they removed and acted accordingly would be my guess

Another guess is that those sections separate bathrooms an concessions tht he track didn't want to staff, clean etc.
The funny thing is that that’s all still there. The second level of bathrooms and concessions. Idk this photo makes it obvious to me what should be taken out.
219C36BE-59DD-4D6D-B96C-67BD92BE88D9.png

I remember going there when it was sold out multiple times, and the thought of covering seats was dark territory...

I recall Roush Racing drivers putting on quite a show, I wanna say one of the 2008 races??? … Several of their drivers battling up front with each other

Dover has had some fantastic races over the years.

Any track can produce a really good race on any given day. But how many years it takes for that to happen is another story. I'm thinking it being a new year for the new car, chances are it will be a good race. We have only had one stinker so far as I see it, and I didn't think it was that terrible considering some I watched with the old car.

I still don’t understand why they didn’t just take out all of the upperdeck in 3 and 4. Personally they weren’t great seats; I just felt it was too high, plus now it just looks weird with most of them gone and almost of the lower deck.

Back
Top Bottom