Duels 1 and 2 RACE thread --- Daytona

I get the 50 made it in by the rules but there's no way that car should be in over the other guys who didn't make it.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

5 car showed to be the only Chevy that could mix it up with the fords, 5 and 8.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Doesn’t happen a lot but always nice to see Aric get a win. Has been so underrated for so long
Idk about underrated, but he's like Paul Menard.

Keeps cars clean, can compete on occasion, and is pretty solid driver all-round. Never had a problem with Aric, but I will be honest, I expected more out of his tenure with SHR.

Well Denny did say the Fords will be strong at Daytona

Great night. Remember everyone, what you just saw is not whats gonna happen Sunday. Friday and Saturday they will get them seated in.

7 and 9 looked good too

9 didn't, and Chase said the same. He couldn't go anywhere, only finished up front after the almost wreck.

Still think the fords have everyone covered..but 5 could stay with them. Don't trust Larson in a plate race though.

It's funny, because alcohol is poison to the liver. As is basically existing without having the BMI of a trained athlete...so...whatever...

*Glances at my empty beer glass, glad racing is back*

9 didn't, and Chase said the same. He couldn't go anywhere, only finished up front after the almost wreck.

Still think the fords have everyone covered..but 5 could stay with them. Don't trust Larson in a plate race though.

You must've missed him shoving Lajoie to the front prior to the Cindric block lol.

Chase has maybe twice in his cup career said his car was perfect, he always wants it to be better. He did say after the first run the things they typically struggle with there on Sunday were hinged the other way and was happy with it.

IMO the second race was a lot better because the manufacturers didn't get a chance to group up.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hamlin wins. He's the best in the business at Daytona.

I'm trying to think of a reason the Money car was porpoising at caution speed? I'd think that was way under any aero speed dealio from the diffuser. Weird. Was it just so stiff it was bouncing like 4 basketballs? Hope they mention what they found.

Being able to see the temps would show how much they have the car taped up. Fine balance there between speed and overheating.
They can't tape up the car anyways. Only tape that can be added is on the brake ducts. The #18 got black flagged for it last year

I feel bad for Hill on the flip side, tough to get knocked out not of your own doing.
The 62 has had several great runs in superspeedway races. Sucks to see that team miss out, hopefully they'll bounce back at Talladega.
The pylon has grown on me (can be slimmer though) but the leaderboard at the top of the screen still works best for NASCAR coverage IMO.
I always preferred the pylon over the horizontal ticker, I think it provides a much better overview.

The 62 has had several great runs in superspeedway races. Sucks to see that team miss out, hopefully they'll bounce back at Talladega.

I always preferred the pylon over the horizontal ticker, I think it provides a much better overview.

Fox had just as much information when they ran the horizontal leaderboard.

Honestly, Fox's pylon from 2018-2021 was fine. Simple, easy to read, and semi-transparent. The new graphics package is enormous and distracting, just like their MLB graphics and now their new NFL graphics.

Here's how narrow and low-profile it can be when you take out all the flair.

nascar-pylon-concept.jpg

nascar-pylon-concept-2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom