Dumbest ending to a race I've ever seen

It's one thing to run off the track if it your choice, but Briscoe didn't have that choice...at least Hamlin paid the price for what he did thanks to Briscoe, he would have got away with another one if it wasn't for Briscoe.
Definitely, and honestly I can understand both sides of it, especially with even Jeff Gordon saying he didn't think should be a penalty for that reason.
At the same times it did look a bit like Briscoe cut a little further left afterwards than he could/should have before coming back onto the track, though the argument could also be made he was avoiding the turtle strip or whatever they call them now to keep from damaging the car or losing control and causing bigger issues for everyone if he went airborne etc like we saw all day in turn 6.

Definitely, and honestly I can understand both sides of it, especially with even Jeff Gordon saying he didn't think should be a penalty for that reason.
At the same times it did look a bit like Briscoe cut a little further left afterwards than he could/should have before coming back onto the track, though the argument could also be made he was avoiding the turtle strip or whatever they call them now to keep from damaging the car or losing control and causing bigger issues for everyone if he went airborne etc like we saw all day in turn 6.
Did the 11 ever touch the 14? No. Did the 14 make a move outside of the 11? Yes. Did the 14 have a chance of getting position on the 11? No. None , nada. 14 then bails and cuts through the grass. Bottom line the 14 put himself in a bad position. I understand why the 14 made the move, it was a season making decision to make the playoffs. Thats pretty much it.

Did the 11 ever touch the 14? No. Did the 14 make a move outside of the 11? Yes. Did the 14 have a chance of getting position on the 11? No. None , nada. 14 then bails and cuts through the grass. Bottom line the 14 put himself in a bad position. I understand why the 14 made the move, it was a season making decision to make the playoffs. Thats pretty much it.
I truly enjoy all of your posts, but sometimes what you write is next level. This is that. Bravo. :beerbang:

Soooooo much blather and BS about Hamlin and Briscoe when in the end it was actually Larson who came up on the very short end of the stick.
The rest of this would be glossed over second page NASCAR news if not for the engineering failures by the IMS track team.

Soooooo much blather and BS about Hamlin and Briscoe when in the end it was actually Larson who came up on the very short end of the stick.
The rest of this would be glossed over second page NASCAR news if not for the engineering failures by the IMS track team.
Agreed. Larson has been so dominant that when he gets screwed it only means that he is 7 days away from being dominant again. On pole for Michigan....4 days from the agony relenting.

USGA has some SERIOUS pull. That’s why any US Open type event, even the Senior Open is played on NBC. It’s wild but the US Open gets around 6-7 million viewers for the final round
Pete Bevaqua, who is now the head of NBC Sports used to be the CEO of the PGA as well as just about anything else to do with the world of golf. Take a look at his resume below and you will see that just about every other word in it is "golf". There's no way that NASCAR is going to win if push comes to shove between NASCAR and golf these days at NBC.

>>....Bevacqua joined NBCUniversal in September 2018 as President, NBC Sports Group, overseeing programming, marketing, digital, the NBC Sports Regional Networks, and all Golf businesses. In February 2019, Bevacqua assumed oversight of the entire sports division.

Previously, Bevacqua served as CEO of the PGA of America from 2012-2018. In this role, Bevacqua guided the business and overall strategy of one of the world’s largest sports organizations, serving the Association’s nearly 29,000 PGA Professionals.

Prior to the PGA of America, Bevacqua served as Global Head of Golf at Creative Artists Agency (CAA Sports). He was also Chief Business Officer for the USGA and served as the first Managing Director of the U.S. Open Championship.

Additional roles Bevacqua has had include: World Golf Foundation Board of Directors’ Chairperson; a PGA World Alliance leadership team member; Chairperson of the International Golf Federation, a group that was instrumental in golf’s return to the Olympics....<<

Reactions: sdj
I sort of see it as the same. Not all trolling is harmful. Some is fun. Long as you aren’t being mean with the trolling it’s all good. So keep it up.
Thank you! While I can be irritating and/or obnoxious (no piling on @StandOnIt ;) ), I have never come here with ill intent and/or to ruin someone's experience.

Yeah sometimes you can be annoying (hell we all can tbh) but you never seem to be mean or anything.
Thank you for saying that....no question, I can be annoying....I get so jacked over all of this. Just love it---my enthusiasm gets the best of me. Appreciate your post.

Obviously and certainly not intentional. 👍 :biggrin:

When you race like an ass, expect it to come back to you at some point.
Sure enough. The right front. ****** Goodyear is going to hurt somebody.

Back
Top Bottom