eatin-asphalt

• Thread starter Pete:Team Penske
  • Start date
eatin-asphalt was a great place for many however tough times made it impossible for the owner to keep it going. When NFP went to the beehive format Dan included this as a sister forum. For the last years it was mainly used by 4 fellas and a couple of great gals Two of those guys, Rog, ( onlyone3) and Bonsai have passed away and I would like to keep the thread alive in their memory. Amanda who was instrumental inkeeping the forums going, lives in England and I hope she comes on here to introduce herself.
BP (EFAN) kept our weekly racing forum going and I hope she will be able to do the same here. Maybe the owner or that Texas gal will be able to assist her. I know many who didn't partake in the forums would come in just to play.

eatin-asphalt was a great place for many however tough times made it impossible for the owner to keep it going. When NFP went to the beehive format Dan included this as a sister forum. For the last years it was mainly used by 4 fellas and a couple of great gals Two of those guys, Rog, ( onlyone3) and Bonsai have passed away and I would like to keep the thread alive in their memory. Amanda who was instrumental inkeeping the forums going, lives in England and I hope she comes on here to introduce herself.
BP (EFAN) kept our weekly racing forum going and I hope she will be able to do the same here. Maybe the owner or that Texas gal will be able to assist her. I know many who didn't partake in the forums would come in just to play.

Let @TexasRaceLady know. I am sure she can at least point you in the right direction!

I was talking to her yesterday so she knows about it..

So what went on here?
Pretty much what Pete said. I used to post there a lot myself, as did others, but as Pete said, it dwindled down to about four main guys (Pete, Dom, Rog, and Bonsai aka Kenny). We had an early morning group.. and most of the threads in EA were the days of the week, and were usually started by Dom as a good morning, and folks would check in. There was also BP's racing forum. Another poster that passed on was Nana. She posted at EA fairly regularly til about 5 yeras ago. I remember she always had her pepsi in the morning.

So basically it was a bull session.

Yes in the sense that we all cared for each other and it started your day off just right. Very much like the Annex does as you will see when we are up and going. Right now many are concerned about our friend Dan more so than losing our forum so the posting is minimal.
But I noticed you have a great bunch here and your welcome makes all of us feel a little better.

Thank you very much to All of you peeps.

I have been reading with great concern about Dan. I don't know him but I see he is very important to you folks. Any ideas what may be wrong with him?

I have been reading with great concern about Dan. I don't know him but I see he is very important to you folks. Any ideas what may be wrong with him?

Dan is the owner of NFP. We are very concerned. We can't get him to talk about it. We are sure it has to do with his health.

Pretty much what Pete said. I used to post there a lot myself, as did others, but as Pete said, it dwindled down to about four main guys (Pete, Dom, Rog, and Bonsai aka Kenny). We had an early morning group.. and most of the threads in EA were the days of the week, and were usually started by Dom as a good morning, and folks would check in. There was also BP's racing forum. Another poster that passed on was Nana. She posted at EA fairly regularly til about 5 yeras ago. I remember she always had her pepsi in the morning.

Nothing wrong with a cold Pepsi in the morning :D

Good morning Dom.
It's Thursday Dec.04/2014
You have a great day.

I remember back in the That's Racin' days there was a revolt and many people left to join EA and it was quite a happening place but most ended up migrating back to TR. I participated at EA under the nick Bronco Billy and I can't remember all the other names. I belonged to some other racing forum that NFP members used to frequent but I can't remember what its name was. It functioned during the same time as NFP biut to the best of my knowledge it closed down. There was one other forum I belonged to that had former TR member Gary on board. Suffice it to say I had a ball!

When I joined NFP there seemed to be an influx of NOL and TR people that were looking for a place to land so there was a lot of activity. By the time I got booted about 18 months ago things had slowed some but it wasn't dead. When I signed up again last April I was shocked as the place was a shell of its former self and there was little activity. RIP NFP.

I remember back in the That's Racin' days there was a revolt and many people left to join EA and it was quite a happening place but most ended up migrating back to TR. I participated at EA under the nick Bronco Billy and I can't remember all the other names. I belonged to some other racing forum that NFP members used to frequent but I can't remember what its name was. It functioned during the same time as NFP biut to the best of my knowledge it closed down. There was one other forum I belonged to that had former TR member Gary on board. Suffice it to say I had a ball!

When I joined NFP there seemed to be an influx of NOL and TR people that were looking for a place to land so there was a lot of activity. By the time I got booted about 18 months ago things had slowed some but it wasn't dead. When I signed up again last April I was shocked as the place was a shell of its former self and there was little activity. RIP NFP.
There are reasons you may not comprehend if you haven't been present for quite awhile.

1. Some members ran other members off the forum.
2. Many of the great people have passed away.
3. Some left because life got in the way.
4. Some got booted for stirring up to much ****. (Me only once so far)

Some opinions and speculations are best kept to yourself.

Good to know your still alive and breathing, how is the retirement at the cottage going?

There are reasons you may not comprehend if you haven't been present for quite awhile.
Good to see some peps I knew from NFP before I got the boot...I have been here quite a while and found there are good people here........Wynn
4. Some got booted for stirring up to much sh!t. (Me only once so far)

Gee a trip down memory lane … I think I wanna …

tumblr_mntiolhySW1snpc3lo4_r1_500.gif

:XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL:

4. Some got booted for stirring up to much sh!t. (Me only once so far)

Good to know your still alive and breathing, how is the retirement at the cottage going?

Very nice to see you Pete and I would guess the snow has been flying up in your area. I know Nana wasn't a part of NFP but I always enjoyed her and was sorry to hear of her passing. Of course my fellow Hoosier Kid passing was a real surprise to me and losing Billy and Rog was a kick in the stomach.

I can't take credit for running anyone off from NFP as there was plenty of people present when I got the boot ROLF.

I was a member of NOL when it went belly up ................. it was a terrible over moderated mess, thank goodness it is gone

Very nice to see you Pete and I would guess the snow has been flying up in your area. I know Nana wasn't a part of NFP but I always enjoyed her and was sorry to hear of her passing. Of course my fellow Hoosier Kid passing was a real surprise to me and losing Billy and Rog was a kick in the stomach.

I can't take credit for running anyone off from NFP as there was plenty of people present when I got the boot ROLF.
Hi there Skoal.... nice to see you. Nana was actually a part of NFP.. but she got sick not too long after Ms. Judy died and so we didn't see much more of her in the 3 or 4 year prior to her death. Oh.. I believe we lost Granny this year too. I'm not positive about that but I thought I saw that somewhere.

Gee a trip down memory lane … I think I wanna …

tumblr_mntiolhySW1snpc3lo4_r1_500.gif

:XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL:

Don't do that or you will become dehydrated. TR was probably to wild to remain viable and NFP was probably to mild to remain viable. I checked in last September and I think there were 2 moderators for every member.

Hi there Skoal.... nice to see you. Nana was actually a part of NFP.. but she got sick not too long after Ms. Judy died and so we didn't see much more of her in the 3 or 4 year prior to her death. Oh.. I believe we lost Granny this year too. I'm not positive about that but I thought I saw that somewhere.

Hi, Lin, I am bummed about Granny as I used to loved chit chatting with her. I think her last nick was "gottaloveBL" and she did like Bobby Labonte. A carton of cigs and a couple bottles of wine and she was one happy lady.

Hi, Lin, I am bummed about Granny as I used to loved chit chatting with her. I think her last nick was "gottaloveBL" and she did like Bobby Labonte. A carton of cigs and a couple bottles of wine and she was one happy lady.
Yes.. she was definitely a Bobby Labonte fan. I'm not exactly sure if she passed on but i thought I read that. Apparently she's been in pretty bad shape for a little while.

I was a member of NOL when it went belly up ................. it was a terrible over moderated mess, thank goodness it is gone

I was never part of NOL as I heard it was awful and then it got worse. I met a lot of nice people on NFP that came over from NOL though.

Yes.. she was definitely a Bobby Labonte fan. I'm not exactly sure if she passed on but i thought I read that. Apparently she's been in pretty bad shape for a little while.

I used to laugh at her stories about having to go to sensitivity training because she wasn't PC enough. I know former forum member Intom liked talking with her too.

Howdy, Wynn, I hope everything is good down in H'Ville and the Charger is tucked away for the winter. I am running low on Wynn's wool remover and fools shoes so I may have to put in an order.

Don't do that or you will become dehydrated. TR was probably to wild to remain viable and NFP was probably to mild to remain viable. I checked in last September and I think there were 2 moderators for every member.
I appreciate your concern … remember I live in a hot sunny and humid climate and we know all about staying hydrated … I saw what was going on at TR at the end … no moderation and just your kind of place … lol …

Yes, sadly Granny has passed. 2Putt mentioned it on the "Go Blue" thread.

Yes, sadly Granny has passed. 2Putt mentioned it on the "Go Blue" thread.
Thanks Randy. RIP Granny. I thought I had heard that. We've lost too many of our friends in the last couple of years.

I appreciate your concern … remember I live in a hot sunny and humid climate and we know all about staying hydrated … I saw what was going on at TR at the end … no moderation and just your kind of place … lol …

Sometimes I have benefited from poor moderation and other times it has been to my detriment. I don't mind moderation as long as it is even and the same for everyone. Of course that is easier said than done and in my experience it is best when the mods stay in the background and don't participate in the discussions.

I have hilarious memories of TR but it is not something I would be interested in doing again. I used to like sparring with David Poole and another TR member who passed away a while back as it was all a game for me. Poole used to boot me and I would call up Bob Henry and get reinstated and that pissed Poole off which amused me. A lot of people did not care for Bob but I thought he was great as we had many shared interests. I doubt I will ever grow up or mature as what fun would that be?

I was never part of NOL as I heard it was awful and then it got worse. I met a lot of nice people on NFP that came over from NOL though.

It was worse than awful ................. the moderators remained invisible and would erase posts for seemingly no reason at all, folks were banned as quickly as posts were deleted. One lady was banned because she objected to a photo of a man beating a dead horse. It wouldnt surprise me if the "nice people" that came from NOL were ones that got banned for no reason, I stuck with the dump till the doors closed................... I have no idea why

David Poole booted me twice because I did not respond him in what he thought was a fair amount of time. The owner of another forum booted me because I offered condolences to the family of someone who had died which was a real puzzler. I always liked the way ib007 handled things at TR because he would send you an email before getting his shorts in a knot.

David Poole booted me twice because I did not respond him in what he thought was a fair amount of time. The owner of another forum booted me because I offered condolences to the family of someone who had died which was a real puzzler. I always liked the way ib007 handled things at TR because he would send you an email before getting his shorts in a knot.
have a good summer at the cabin Skoal?

Back
Top Bottom