Eldora Truck RACE thread --

1st and 2nd for GMS
upload_2019-8-1_22-20-2.png

Is dirt track racing like this truck race where there’s a caution every 3-5 laps? Not being cheeky...legit question

There are many different forms of dirt racing, and it varies. Caution and red flag peiords can be long in sprint car races, but there are not necessarily many of them.

This Truck race has little in common with actual high level dirt track racing. It is a fun diversion and novelty for many NASCAR fans who don't expose themselves to dirt stuff and therefore have to ask the question. :)

There are many different forms of dirt racing, and it varies. Caution and red flag peiords can be long in sprint car races, but there are not necessarily many of them.

This Truck race has little in common with actual high level dirt track racing. It is a fun diversion and novelty for many NASCAR fans who don't expose themselves to dirt stuff and therefore have to ask the question. :)
most of em are like birds that wake up in a new world every morning. There were 15 cautions for 61 laps in 2015, 9 for 52 in 16, and 10 for 59 laps last year. I really don't know why some of them even bother. :idunno:

Like me asking questions lol I just wish this race had a better flow

most of em are like birds that wake up in a new world every morning. There were 15 cautions for 61 laps in 2015, 9 for 52 in 16, and 10 for 59 laps last year. I really don't know why some of them even bother. :idunno:
I’m sorry I was asking because I don’t watch dirt racing much as I don’t have MavTV or Dirt Vision and my only exposure to WoO is when the CBS sports network shows the condensed version if I’m lucky enough to catch it. I bothered because this type of racing what we saw tonight intrigues me enough to try to find a local dirt track in my area and attend a race. I also didn’t have previous cautions from Trucks/Eldora races, maybe next year I’ll que em up on my phone as I watch so I can make a general comparison. I do like this race enough to explore other weekly dirt series and maybe make them a part of my weekly racing viewing.

Nascar needs to be more liberal on black flags. Too often they just let terrible drivers in bad cars keep trying at this event, and it turns into a damn mess. These backmarkers just don’t have the skill to keep up

Pretty unreal that Ben Rhodes, Harrison Burton, and Todd Gilliland are gonna miss the playoffs without a win.

I forgot that Rhodes took out Briscoe in the closing laps when Briscoe was making a run at the lead, and then the helmet on mess after the race when it was his karma turn. Bonehead

Door Bumper Clear had a suggestion to have the trucks line up 2 wide with two to go instead of 1 to go, so drivers in the wrong position could be dealt with.

Just watched it on the DVR. I enjoyed it. 7 Eldora truck races , 7 different winners. Can't beat that
for entertainment value. Seems most drivers had a smile in the post race interviews.
Sheldon Creed gave a nice interview as well as a 41 year old dirt racer that jumped in a seat .
I think they both got a top 5.

One of them can still win the next one?? One more race before the playoffs.
Next weekend Michigan, fast track and KBM usually has fast trucks. Trouble is this year there has been some tough competition thru the ranks with 6 different winners for 8 spots. It's a couple of long shots and "points don't matter" :rolleyes:

Next weekend Michigan, fast track and KBM usually has fast trucks. Trouble is this year there has been some tough competition thru the ranks with 6 different winners for 8 spots. It's a couple of long shots and "points don't matter" :rolleyes:

Oh for sure for sure, still can happen tho. People are talking as if the playoffs start next week when in fact we got one more race.

They will miss the playoffs without a win which is what has been said. Sudden death for those two and many others this week, Points don't matter because the win and your in deal has blown that out of the water. Burton has been running pretty darn good for a rook is in 6th points wise. There are 4 guys who are in that are behind him in points (performance) including Chastain, who IS outperforming Burton but the rest have won a race so they are in under performance and all. That is the way Nascar has put more emphasis on winning. I believe that was what Brian and company came up with. Points, like racing is never going to be fair no matter what anybody does IMO.

Harrison has shown to be OKish, personally I think Todd should be at Daddys team.

I wonder what those three will be doing next year.
How do you not win in one of those trucks?

We know KB is talented, but other drivers have run successfully in those trucks. How do these drivers wiff? Kyle may have to clean house next year.

What happened to Gragson?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Wow it’s unbelievable both KBM trucks are going to miss the playoffs. How the hell does that happen

While the drivers have certainly underachieved, the underrated element to this is the KBM program isn’t as dominant as it was a couple years ago. When’s the last time a KBM truck unloaded and dominated the speed charts? Other than when Kyle runs.

The spec motors and such have closed the gap. Teams like GMS, Thorsport, and Hattori have all caught KBM in the speed department. And then you have a guy like Ross Chastain driving circles around everyone in Al Niece’s trucks.

Not much NASCAR can do if guys can't drive dirt or don't know where to line up.

Maybe cut the main event to 24 or 25 next year and make the heats and LCQs mean more.

Back
Top Bottom