Engine Question

I dont know why everybody is so worked up with the lengths and measurements.

If I was building engines for midget race cars I could see getting worked up about the length of the pushrods. I would probably want shaved the heads for an extremely tight too. I even heard some talk about Brazilian engine blocks for those wanting more than a shave.
All the midget engine technology stuff.
I'm familiar with the Brazilian cut myself. They have always given me a longer push rod when working on them

So... they’re shorter than RO7 pushrods.

Smokey Yunick had his hand in that.

I came across some information tonight to put a least ONE wildly blown out of proportion topic to rest. Pushrod lengths.

For those who are not engine geeks, understand that custom engine builds will often utilize pushrods that may be a few hundred thousandths of an inch shorter or longer to achieve optimum valve train geometry.

Standard small block Chevy: (1955-1997) 7.8 inches
Chevy SB 2.2 NASCAR engine (1998-2006) Approx. 8.9-9.20 inches. (Intake and exhaust pushrods are slightly different lengths).
Chevy R07 NASCAR engine (2007-present): Approx 8", per Pro Motor Engines, (PME) Mooresville NC.

Yes, I stand by EVERYTHING I said on the topic. The R07 pushrods are indeed shorter than the SB 2.2 they replaced, but actually LONGER than the original small block Chevy, and certainly not short by ANY reasonable standard, regardless of the official Chevy PR B.S. from 2007. Have a nice life everyone. :bazooka:

I came across some information tonight to put a least ONE wildly blown out of proportion topic to rest. Pushrod lengths.

For those who are not engine geeks, understand that custom engine builds will often utilize pushrods that may be a few hundred thousandths of an inch shorter or longer to achieve optimum valve train geometry.

Standard small block Chevy: (1955-1997) 7.8 inches
Chevy SB 2.2 NASCAR engine (1998-2006) Approx. 8.9-9.20 inches. (Intake and exhaust pushrods are slightly different lengths).
Chevy R07 NASCAR engine (2007-present): Approx 8", per Pro Motor Engines, (PME) Mooresville NC.

Yes, I stand by EVERYTHING I said on the topic. The R07 pushrods are indeed shorter than the SB 2.2 they replaced, but actually LONGER than the original small block Chevy, and certainly not short by ANY reasonable standard, regardless of the official Chevy PR B.S. from 2007. Have a nice life everyone. :bazooka:
Don't let a couple of pricks put you off the forum.... your wisdom is most welcome here

Last edited by a moderator:
The Jackman lives!
1621336730067.gif

Re-posting this.

Yes you should have, being you didn't contribute one bit of fact or actual insight into the entire conversation. All I was trying to do was honestly and FACTUALLY answer the original poster's question, and as usual you couldn't pass up the opportunity to turn it a pissing contest between me and you. Between you and a couple of other people here of a similar mindset is I decided that my time was better spent elsewhere. You win, congratulations.

Yes you should have, being you didn't contribute one bit of fact or actual insight into the entire conversation. All I was trying to do was honestly and FACTUALLY answer the original poster's question, and as usual you couldn't pass up the opportunity to turn it a pissing contest between me and you. Between you and a couple of other people here of a similar mindset is I decided that my time was better spent elsewhere. You win, congratulations.
It’s good to see you back. I actually liked your posts and appreciate your passion for racing. If you’re only going to stick around for a bit, get nuts. I want to see The Jackman Uncensored.
1621342967233.gif

I'll play, y'all missed some.
Chevy Gen 1 roller blocks mid 80's through 96 use 7.180 it is the average length of the factory pushrods. 7.200 is the common length available in the aftermarket.
'97 the length was increased to 7.4.

This place is so combative for no reason.
There can be some alpha male egos here at times. I enjoy hearing from people that actually have a clue about what they are talking about and I definitely enjoy Jackman's knowledge about racing that he brings to this forum. I like input from everyone on this forum and then I can decide for myself what I should believe as correct info or true facts.

There can be some alpha male egos here at times. I enjoy hearing from people that actually have a clue about what they are talking about and I definitely enjoy Jackman's knowledge about racing that he brings to this forum. I like input from everyone on this forum and then I can decide for myself what I should believe as correct info or true facts.
Personally there's some input here I could go without.

Back
Top Bottom