Enough Is Enough Full Season Championship.

"Most" ....there you go again.....51%? Source? The championship gets pretty simple if SVG wins races.
I'll tell ya what. When you can keep up with the ticker on the side of the screen, I'll believe you can keep up with who is who in the points.
I have a feeling that you are just like the rest of us in that if they didn't tell us on the screen who was above or below the "cut line" we wouldn't have a clue most of the time.

With the caveats that teams and drivers would approach races differently under a different system and that Larson missed a full race, this goes to show that there’s still been a solid bunch of about four drivers at the top who’ve been more consistently successful than everyone else and could produce an exciting stretch run without all of the forced theatrics.

You’ve got the winningest driver (Larson), the guys with the most top 5s (Larson/Bell/Reddick), and the guy with the best average finish (Elliott) all in contention together. Works well enough for me.

With the caveats that teams and drivers would approach races differently under a different system and that Larson missed a full race, this goes to show that there’s still been a solid bunch of about four drivers at the top who’ve been more consistently successful than everyone else and could produce an exciting stretch run without all of the forced theatrics.

You’ve got the winningest driver (Larson), the guys with the most top 5s (Larson/Bell/Reddick), and the guy with the best average finish (Elliott) all in contention together. Works well enough for me.
Yeah that was my point. The competition is so close these days that all of the complicated ups and downs and confusion of this artificial points system they are using isn't needed.
It seems to me that a simpler points system could achieve the same fan interest if it was presented properly. There is plenty there for the press to be able to spin.

Back
Top Bottom