F1 2020 News/Misc.

Surprised they didn’t give Schumacher a go. Especially since I just saw the Stern tweet from Friday, forgive me I’m trying to keep up with everything going on since it’s the off-season for NASCAR and my wife an I are binging the F1 races starting from Imola.
If the F2 season finished with Schumacher as the champion last week, then yes Schumacher would have been able to drive this weekend.

However, with the F2 season not being done it would be a disrespect to Schumacher trying to finish his season out next week. Giving him an F1 drive would be cool, but let him focus on F2 for now.

Pietro can hold the seat until then and also it would undermine the reserve driver role as well. Abu Dhabi might be a different story, I don't see Romain being ready by then IMO.

Pietro can hold the seat until then and also it would undermine the reserve driver role as well. Abu Dhabi might be a different story, I don't see Romain being ready by then IMO.
It seems like the test/reserve driver rarely gets the drive in situations like this. In this case I think the personal sponsors probably kicked in some more to get a full race weekend. If Haas were trying to get points I think it’d be different and they’d go after a veteran driver.

I don’t think Fittipaldi will even be close to Latifi but I wish him well nonetheless.

It seems like the test/reserve driver rarely gets the drive in situations like this. In this case I think the personal sponsors probably kicked in some more to get a full race weekend. If Haas were trying to get points I think it’d be different and they’d go after a veteran driver.

I don’t think Fittipaldi will even be close to Latifi but I wish him well nonetheless.
The only way to find out is to give him a chance. Haas had nothing to lose, but for Pietro if he can get close to what K-Mag can do, it would mean well for him.

I don't see him matching Latifi either, it's so late in the season being thrown in. I'm not expecting any miracles, but getting within a couple of tenths to K-Mag would be a good start.

Best wishes to Lewis Hamilton on a full recovery.

*Sighs*

Money talks and it's necessary for Haas to keep the doors open.

If Mazepin wasn't such a tool at times, I would feel slightly better about this move. Young man has a lot of character issues... He's up there with Santino in terms of immaturity.
Agreed, I think he’s a tool but he has the right combination of money and speed to be worthwhile for Haas. Hopefully he can keep his head screwed on straight and get himself partnered with a veteran driver when the new regulations come.

Two rookies will be awfully tough with setups so I’m keeping expectations in check for Haas next season even if Ferrari manage to gain some HP back over the winter.

Does this mean Hamilton is done for the year? Seems 2 weeks is the norm for anyone testing positive to stay away from everyone/everything.

At least he can rest comfortably having it all wrapped up.

Does this mean Hamilton is done for the year? Seems 2 weeks is the norm for anyone testing positive to stay away from everyone/everything.

At least he can rest comfortably having it all wrapped up.

They only isolate for 10 days. 14 days is a US thing only.

He should be able to be back just in time but it really depends on whether he tests negative (I think he needs 2 negatives) and if he’s physically able to race and is not too ill.

Personally I’d take the opportunity to start my vacation if I were him. They’ve been in a bubble for months now.

What’s the point of reserve drivers if they still get ignored for drivers who already have full time driving jobs with other teams?
Russell is still a Mercedes junior driver.

Why not see how he gets in against Bottas? I'm not expecting any miracles, but we'll see just how good the W11 really is without Lewis in the car.

Jack Atiken is the Williams reserve and he received the nod. I forgot about Delatraz and Haas, but they chose Fittipaldi for Sakir.

What’s the point of reserve drivers if they still get ignored for drivers who already have full time driving jobs with other teams?
Russell has been a part of the Mercedes junior team for a few years, Aitken is the lead test/reserve driver for Williams. It sucks for Stoffel but this is the first time a Mercedes junior has actually gotten a race seat with the big boys.

Russell is still a Mercedes junior driver.

Why not see how he gets in against Bottas? I'm not expecting any miracles, but we'll see just how good the W11 really is without Lewis in the car.

Jack Atiken is the Williams reserve and he received the nod. I forgot about Delatraz and Haas, but they chose Fittipaldi for Sakir.

Russell has been a part of the Mercedes junior team for a few years, Aitken is the lead test/reserve driver for Williams. It sucks for Stoffel but this is the first time a Mercedes junior has actually gotten a race seat with the big boys.

Points well taken. I also have to think Hamilton himself had a say in who gets into his car for at least one week.

Hats off to Haas, They crushed it. Still, the best news is we still have Gro.
George , no pressure. Just bring it back with no scratches!

Going to set the dvr now to get all the practices. It would be awesome
to see Romain at the track.

Hell yes.

Hope George makes the most of this and wins or at least gets a podium.
Great opportunity for him.
Haas really covered both ends of the popularity spectrum between this and the Marzipan signings.

This is awesome, but it will not kick off a new F1 hype here with all but 4 races on pay-TV.

Mazepin is going to surprise some in F1:

The young man is a prick of the track, but he's handy on track. This duo will take time, but they will improve with time.

A literal case of a cool and calculating Mick and a speedy, erratic, and fiery Nikita.

Any word on the Merc lineup for this weekend's Abu Dhabi GP? I thought I had read before that they have to announce their driver lineups by Tuesday.

No ill will or intentions to Lewis, and I do hope he is recovering ok, but I would love to see Russell get another shot in the car.

Any word on the Merc lineup for this weekend's Abu Dhabi GP? I thought I had read before that they have to announce their driver lineups by Tuesday.

No ill will or intentions to Lewis, and I do hope he is recovering ok, but I would love to see Russell get another shot in the car.

Lewis is keen on getting back quick. lol

Mazepin is digging a grave before 2021 even comes around. F1 and the FIA better investigate this issue with the quickness. I was open to giving the young man a chance, but his behavior has been absolutely abhorrent and unfortunately consistent.

I do not think he's ready for this step up yet from a mental standpoint.

Mazepin is digging a grave before 2021 even comes around. F1 and the FIA better investigate this issue with the quickness. I was open to giving the young man a chance, but his behavior has been absolutely abhorrent and unfortunately consistent.

After looking it up, yikes

Agreed. Of all teams, HAAS in particular doesn't need this kind of press. I'm disappointed in the team as they continue to hitch their wagon to people who display questionable character and judgement.

Agreed. Of all teams, HAAS in particular doesn't need this kind of press. I'm disappointed in the team as they continue to hitch their wagon to people who display questionable character and judgement.
I'm all about seeing these young men mature, which I'm sure Nikita will over time, however right now Haas is already in need of funding. If Mazepin does not pan out, what is plan B for the team?

This is a mess and I for one was defending Haas signing him, but now I regret ever doing that. This is far too much after watching that video.

Really blows that Haas weren’t in a position to pair Schumacher with any of Grosjean, Magnussen, or Ilott.

Mazepin already has a long list of **** he’s pulled so I don’t think he’s going to change until he faces real consequences. In my ideal world Shwartzman will bring SMP to replace him at Haas in 2022.

Back
Top Bottom