F1 2020 News/Misc.

I will miss Mags, Grosjean not as much. I actually liked Grosjean a bit before
he came to Haas. I also would like to see Mags come to IMSA.

Basically , my gut feeling is that the root cause of all this is Ferrari. I think they
are a mess right now and if I were Haas I would let them know we have one foot
out the door , depending of course hw the contract is set up.

I just hope Haas isn't about to go broke.

The planned schedule for 2021:
Rio replaces Interlagos and there is going to be a new race at Djidda.
That sucks, Interlagos was one of my favorite tracks and I guess the next addition to the schedule will be Damascus or Pyongyang.

1. Australia (Melbourne)
2. Bahrain (Sakhir)
3. China (Shanghai)
4. Vietnam (Hanoi)
5. Spain (Barcelona)
6. Monaco (Monte Carlo)
7. Azerbaijan (Baku)
8. Canada (Montreal)
9. France (Le Castellet)
10. Austria (Spielberg)
11. Great Britain (Silverstone)
12. Hungary (Budapest)
13. Belgium (Spa-Francorchamps)
14. Italy (Monza)
15. Netherlands (Zandvoort)
16. Singapur (Singapur)
17. Japan (Suzuka)
18. Russia (Sochi)
19. Saudi-Arabia (Djidda)
20. Mexico (Mexico City)
21. USA (Austin)
22. Brazil (Rio de Janeiro)
23. Abu Dhabi (Abu Dhabi)

That sucks, Interlagos was one of my favorite tracks and I guess the next addition to the schedule will be Damascus or Pyongyang.

1. Australia (Melbourne)
2. Bahrain (Sakhir)
3. China (Shanghai)
4. Vietnam (Hanoi)
5. Spain (Barcelona)
6. Monaco (Monte Carlo)
7. Azerbaijan (Baku)
8. Canada (Montreal)
9. France (Le Castellet)
10. Austria (Spielberg)
12. Hungary (Budapest)
14. Italy (Monza)
16. Singapur (Singapur)
17. Japan (Suzuka)
18. Russia (Sochi)
20. Mexico (Mexico City)
21. USA (Austin)

A Saudi GP is just gross.

If the Rio race ever happens it'll probably be a waste of money and bunch of deforestation for little gain, just seems like another flop race. It's unfortunate Interlagos isn't located in a great area but if that Rio event is the alternative...not sure if an investment of that kind is worth it given the state of Brazil's Olympics and World Cup venues.

On top of all this, an expanded calendar after a grueling second half of 2019 and reduced finances just seems asinine.

1. Australia (Melbourne)
2. Bahrain (Sakhir)
3. China (Shanghai)
4. Vietnam (Hanoi)
5. Spain (Barcelona)
6. Monaco (Monte Carlo)
7. Azerbaijan (Baku)
8. Canada (Montreal)
9. France (Le Castellet)
10. Austria (Spielberg)
12. Hungary (Budapest)
14. Italy (Monza)
16. Singapur (Singapur)
17. Japan (Suzuka)
18. Russia (Sochi)
20. Mexico (Mexico City)
21. USA (Austin)

This seems optimistic

Alfa Romeo retain both Kimi and Gio for next season. Rumors were that one of those seats may have been in play, but this announcement puts that to rest.

I am hoping HAAS makes their driver lineup announcement soon.

Alfa Romeo retain both Kimi and Gio for next season. Rumors were that one of those seats may have been in play, but this announcement puts that to rest.

I am hoping HAAS makes their driver lineup announcement soon.
Kimi has been on fire lately, glad he's not hanging it up yet.
Giovinazzi won't lose this seat as long as Alfa sponsors Sauber unless another Italian shows up.

Williams acting Team Principal Simon Roberts says today Russell is coming back in 2021.

Best news I've heard all day and Latifi has honestly done a solid job as well for Williams.

I'm guessing Perez or Hulkenburg to Red Bull rumors may have a bit more heft than expected, I expect Albon to go back to Alpha Tauri with Gasly to give Tsunoda another season in F2.

A Saudi GP is just gross.

If the Rio race ever happens it'll probably be a waste of money and bunch of deforestation for little gain, just seems like another flop race. It's unfortunate Interlagos isn't located in a great area but if that Rio event is the alternative...not sure if an investment of that kind is worth it given the state of Brazil's Olympics and World Cup venues.

On top of all this, an expanded calendar after a grueling second half of 2019 and reduced finances just seems asinine.
I believe construction for the Rio racetrack hasn't even started yet. No way this race is happening in 2021.
I think the main reason for the new track is that Brazil wanted to attract MotoGP again but with the deforestation that would come with it, I hope this track won't be built.

Well this is a surprise, didn’t know they were thinking of a race in Saudi Arabia. Is it going to be added to the calendar or are they axing an existing one?

Well this is a surprise, didn’t know they were thinking of a race in Saudi Arabia. Is it going to be added to the calendar or are they axing an existing one?

The plan is there will be 23 races next year so it will be added.

Went down a YouTube rabbit hole and came across Verstappen, Stroll, and Latifi in the 2014 Florida Winter Series.

Series was pretty loaded with talent that season.

Verstappen, Latifi, Stroll, Calderon, Ed Jones, Raffaele Marcello, and Antonio Fuoco.

Even Will Buxton participated in some races, a shame because this was the only season it happened as well. Could you imagine if Verstappen became a Ferrari driver? Goodness, that would change the F1 landscape.

Reminder:

0bd.png

Better late than never, best stuff going for the FIA atm. I've never watched this much GP2/F2 in years, this series this season has been amazing.
Same here, never paid this much attention before so it’s been fun to watch. It’ll be a bit awkward if Ilott manages to steal the title in the next two weekends.

Fittipaldi confirmed for HAAS at Sakhir next weekend. Wishing Romain a speedy recovery.

Big opportunity for Pietro.

He left IndyCar to focus on F1, however he's dodged a lot of competitive forms of open wheel racing. I would have liked to see him in F2 to continue his development, but with some of his iffy sponsors at times I could imagine it's tough getting the money necessary to do so.

Wish him the best and hopefully he does a great job for Haas.

Fittipaldi confirmed for HAAS at Sakhir next weekend. Wishing Romain a speedy recovery.

Surprised they didn’t give Schumacher a go. Especially since I just saw the Stern tweet from Friday, forgive me I’m trying to keep up with everything going on since it’s the off-season for NASCAR and my wife an I are binging the F1 races starting from Imola.

Back
Top Bottom