F1 2020 News/Misc.

I'll never take it for granted again when I am sitting in my living room watching a race half asleep and being just able to enjoy it. I am disappointed in myself it took something like this virus to be able to realize this, didnt know how good I had it . The Indy 500 and Coke 600 cant be too far away from being offed

Think the same is going to happen with NASCAR’s Next Gen soon enough too. Who knows what’ll happen to the contracted vendors and a full testing program probably can’t be completed. 2021 was going to be a big year for both F1 and NASCAR with new cars coming online.

Virtual F1 racing starts Sunday March 22 4pm est on F1 Youtube

BE THERE... be there !!!!

I'm playing my own season at home, specially now that we are not supposed to leave the house.

f3a915fc2272c4070f2d2daae64a597d.jpg

Virtual F1 racing starts Sunday March 22 4pm est on F1 Youtube

BE THERE... be there !!!!

The virtual race was pretty bad compared to the NASCAR race. They only ran 14 laps and it had no current drivers aside from Lando Norris.

So 15-18 races from Summer on? No breaks I'm assuming?

That sounds unrealistic to me.
They’d have to run everything still on the schedule and reschedule at least one to even hit the low end of that target. Seems ambitious to me.

I read the minimum needed to crown a world champion is 8 and I’d be happy if we could even just get that.

Maybe they could run it deep into December if things don’t get started till after mid-summer.

Holy ****, Williams basically has gotten a loan of 50 million Euros (Around 60-61 million USD) and if the Williams family defaults on the loan the team will belong to Michael Latifi. So, everything that Williams was in control of with the factory, demo cars... **** everything is now in control by Latifi...

This **** is tragic, but honestly it can save the team in the end. I'm hoping Claire will come out on top of this one, but withering results and the team has purged money after falling down the order:

To think Williams is only worth 60 million USD. That is absolutely wild.

Holy ****, Williams basically has gotten a loan of 50 million Euros (Around 60-61 million USD) and if the Williams family defaults on the loan the team will belong to Michael Latifi. So, everything that Williams was in control of with the factory, demo cars... **** everything is now in control by Latifi...

This **** is tragic, but honestly it can save the team in the end. I'm hoping Claire will come out on top of this one, but withering results and the team has purged money after falling down the order:

To think Williams is only worth 60 million USD. That is absolutely wild.

Didn't I hear rumblings of Hass maybe pulling out as well? F1 is in rough shape.

France and Belgium sound pretty close to being cancelled/postponed now, if they can’t be held behind closed doors.

The series has said they’d consider running into January to fit as many races in as possible but overall it’s looking pretty bleak right now.

Nigel was one of my favorite drivers but this story missed my radar . DANG !

To run 15-18 races they’ll need to reschedule three of those already postponed and I think that’s still ambitious.

I think they can technically have a world championship season - 8+ races across 3+ continents - but I wouldn't expect more than about half the season to run, if we’re fortunate enough to get that.

Another one bites the dust. Rescheduling so many international events is going to be a nightmare.

Another one bites the dust. Rescheduling so many international events is going to be a nightmare.

Theoretically they could do two races each at Red Bull Ring, Silverstone, Shanghai and COTA and we have a world championship.
I'm just hoping we'll get to see some racing eventually.

More badass F1 vids during the shutdown.

Huh. Well that was unceremonious. If they get to race this year, he will likely give no f**ks to an even greater extent than usual, and make it interesting.

Ferrari are so so bad at managing their drivers. Their heavy emphasis on driver preference and favoritism are such morale killer. I hate them for it.

Vettel can definitely land a ride but I doubt he’ll get an elite one. I think he retires.

Possibly even this year.

Reading of this split between Vettel and Ferrari, which does not sound entirely amicable, is kind of heartbreaking. I was hoping he would bring home the major hardware with the Scuderia.

What this does leave is one last chance to do so!

Reading of this split between Vettel and Ferrari, which does not sound entirely amicable, is kind of heartbreaking. I was hoping he would bring home the major hardware with the Scuderia.

What this does leave is one last chance to do so!
To me it sounds like Ferrari wanted to keep him but Sebastian decided it was time to leave. Here's to hoping Ricciardo gets the seat!

“What’s been happening in these past few months has led many of us to reflect on what are our real priorities in life. One needs to use one’s imagination and to adopt a new approach to a situation that has changed. I myself will take the time I need to reflect on what really matters when it comes to my future.
“Scuderia Ferrari occupies a special place in Formula 1 and I hope it gets all the success it deserves. Finally, I want to thank the whole Ferrari family and above all its “tifosi” all around the world, for the support they have given me over the years.
“My immediate goal is to finish my long stint with Ferrari, in the hope of sharing some more beautiful moments together, to add to all those we have enjoyed so far."

I read an article that said Ferrari's offer was a 1 year extension with a paycut.

I would've said no to that deal too.
Last year I think did him in.

Brazil was like the nail in the coffin, but Vettel has had a good tenure with Ferrari. Just like Alonso, he came up short in the end. 14 wins and 52 podiums is nothing to scoff at. It was fun watching him at Ferrari and it sucks its ending this way for him there.

I doubt Danny jumps ship yet, depending on what happens this season I doubt he leaves Renault yet. Renault he's the de facto number one at Ferrari with Leclerc's rallying of the team around him, I doubt Danny moves. He's a number one driver and he's getting paid like it.

Well I hope Seb just really goes for it in 2020. Go really deep in every turn and squeeze through
every crack. I am surprised they announced already but its getting time to make these announcements.
I think they try to get these things done by the (old) Aug. break if not before. Be great to see him come do
some Indy dates in 2021.

Back
Top Bottom