F1 2020 News/Misc.

donthaveanickname

Team Owner
Today it's been 10 years since Vettel wrecked himself and Webber at the Turkish GP.
This race was one of the first F1 races I watched. I'm still a little mad Webber couldn't win the world championship, 2010 was a great season.

Reck

Team Owner
Mercedes is denying the rumors they are semi folding. And that Toto Wolff will be the team's principal beyond 2020.

Kiante

Team Owner
[/QUOTE]
Today it's been 10 years since Vettel wrecked himself and Webber at the Turkish GP.
This race was one of the first F1 races I watched. I'm still a little mad Webber couldn't win the world championship, 2010 was a great season.
I legit cried when he crashed at Korea that year.

donthaveanickname

Team Owner
The second race at Red Bull Ring will be called "Grand Prix of Styria", the second race at Silverstone will be the "70th Anniversary Grand Prix".

Reck

Team Owner
Oh no never mind. It's later this month.

I must've confused it with something else starting this weekend. Cant remember

FLRacingFan

Team Owner
Ross Brawn says given extraordinary circumstances the series won't have to meet the requirement of hosting races on three different continents to award a world championship. The only races that are reported to be "solid" outside of Europe are Bahrain and Abu Dhabi towards the end of the season.

Given some of the cancellations still to be announced, events at places like Imola, Mugello, and Hockenheim are still under consideration. And for the love of God, do not make us watch Sochi twice.

Kiante

Team Owner
Sochi - Great to drive in F1 games, not so great to watch in real life. I think its time has come and gone, to be completely honest. I've fallen alseep on maybe two or three of those Sochi races. It's not often I fall asleep watching F1 either.

Imola and Mugello are a big yes, however overtaking at Imola will be extremely difficult. I would be vying to keep Hockenheim on the calendar as well.

FLRacingFan

Team Owner
I’m guessing Hockenheim, Sochi again, and one of Imola/Mugello. Sochi twice will be some good sleeping in time.

donthaveanickname

Team Owner
We could get a race or two at Portimao if there's no doubleheader at Sochi.
Would be cool to have another new track on the schedule.

donthaveanickname

Team Owner
RTL just announced that their 30th season of covering F1 in Germany will be their last. Their best year was 2001 with 10.44 million viewers per race, last year the average was around 4 million.
RTL said they will focus their sports coverage on soccer in the future.
I'm not surprised at all, especially given that we likely won't have a German driver in F1 next year.

Kiante

Team Owner
RTL just announced that their 30th season of covering F1 in Germany will be their last. Their best year was 2001 with 10.44 million viewers per race, last year the average was around 4 million.
RTL said they will focus their sports coverage on soccer in the future.
I'm not surprised at all, especially given that we likely won't have a German driver in F1 next year.
To go from six German drivers in the field in 2010 to possibly none almost ten years later.

Absolutely insane to think.

FLRacingFan

Team Owner
To go from six German drivers in the field in 2010 to possibly none almost ten years later.

Absolutely insane to think.
The article says it would be the first time since the 1991 British GP without a German driver. Incredible.

One of the last things F1 really needed was another country to potentially go exclusively to pay TV.

Kiante

Team Owner
The article says it would be the first time since the 1991 British GP without a German driver. Incredible.

One of the last things F1 really needed was another country to potentially go exclusively to pay TV.
I think when Mick is ready for F1, I think the attention will return a bit.

I just hope Ferrari do not rush him through the system, give him time.

donthaveanickname

Team Owner
I think when Mick is ready for F1, I think the attention will return a bit.

I just hope Ferrari do not rush him through the system, give him time.
I'm sure he will replace Kimi at Sauber once he retires.
Sky has signed a "long-term" deal which mandates them to air 4 races per year on free-TV. I guess some old Schumacher fans might restart watching once he gets to F1 but there won't be another boom again, even if he starts winning at some point.

That said, I don't know any die-hard F1 fans. This region is MotoGP country and ServusTV is doing a great job with the telecast.

Top Bottom