F1: 2021 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix

Lol Stroll is pulling him. Lol

Bottas needs to be dropped if they have real thoughts of competing for constructor championships. Hamilton has a ****** car and he’s going fine.
Yep, days like today are what decide WCCs. Red Bull had closed the gap towards the end of last season and went out and got the hottest free agent on the market. Mercedes had a solid tryout with Russell - with no preparation - and decided that standing pat with the guy with as much killer instinct as Atlanta Falcons was the way to go. Good grief.

Seems like all the driver switches are still struggling a bit.

Ric looks similar to how he looked his first season at Renault, he got off to a slow start then.

Alpine struggling, Vettel as well. Sainz wants more seat time as well.

Wow, for once Red Bull timed that exchange correctly. Verstappen was in trouble.

Sure is fun having a genuine rivalry at the front again.

Hamilton almost snuck in another win by himself but his pit crew let him down. I think they need to get a new crew. They are really not doing their job.

Russell is probably hoping they never race at this place again. Two goofy accidents in a row.

Why are these drivers playing dumb when they screw up? Russell acting like an innocent victim. Bottas is kind of trash but that’s all you, kid.

Russell is probably hoping they never race at this place again. Two goofy accidents in a row.
Might have got a wheel on the grass, that's what it sounded like.

Bottas did nothing wrong, just defending the inside. Imola isn't a wide track, however that's on Russell. Bottas did kind of come over as well, but still enough space. I think that's why Russell was pissed, however Russell overeacted to Bottas moving over.

Bottas needs to whoop Russell’s ass. He came up to him and hit his helmet.

Why are these drivers playing dumb when they screw up? Russell acting like an innocent victim. Bottas is kind of trash but that’s all you, kid.
Looking at the replay a second time Valtteri definitely moved to the right which is a bit naughty, but Russell still had room to evade and miss the grass.

Not a good situation for Toto.

Looking at the replay a second time Valtteri definitely moved to the right which is a bit naughty, but Russell still had room to evade and miss the grass.

Not a good situation for Toto.
For sure, but I think Russell is coming after Bottas.

He's had enough of being nice, he wants that Merc seat. Russell is going to have to finish moves like that though to up his stock.

Russell played a big role on both Mercedes getting destroyed.

Lewis lost that on his own.

If Russell goes inside with Lewis already committed, it could have ended up a wreck. I'm not sure what more could have been done.

It's still wet on either side, I'm not sure what more could have been done. Leave space and not lose time to competition. It's a lot to ask.

The second Mercedes disaster was still about the best chance of recovery for Hamilton himself with this open red now.

I think Russell and Bottas each bear some responsibility for the incident. There was no good reason for Bottas to veer right, but Russell overreacted and would have been better off taking contact than swerving into the grass. Still, it's easier to dissect these decisions with endless replays than in the moment at that speed.

The second Mercedes disaster was still about the best chance of recovery for Hamilton himself with this open red now.

I think Russell and Bottas each bear some responsibility for the incident. There was no good reason for Bottas to veer right, but Russell overreacted and would have been better off taking contact than swerving into the grass. Still, it's easier to dissect these decisions with endless replays than in the moment at that speed.
It's a massive mess.

It reminds me of Canada in 2014 with Massa and Perez.

I think 30 laps, spotting him a lap and getting to work on the car is a big advantage to Hamilton.

Though I’m not entirely sure the mayhem is all done away with.

This race just keeps on giving surprises.
These are some of my favorite races watching a Lewis charge.
Wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit to see 2 Ferraris on the podium in Imola.

Back
Top Bottom