F1: 2021 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix

I believe they were just past the first marker, which means they are in the braking zone. Either way, it was a last second reactive block. Even if that is allowed, you can see the result.

Bottas made one singular move which is in fact allowed. You’re not allowed to weave and wave. You are allowed to defend once.

All in all the boss man is not amused. Toto Wolfe had some harsh words for Russell.

I'm fine with it being called a racing incident. It was a lot happening at maximum velocity in weather conditions that were still poor. When you consider a dry line and a huge DRS run (I'm honestly surprised they had it activated at that point) it was pretty ripe for an incident at some point.
Being ripe for an accident is a poor time to change lines on a guy entering the braking zone. It's not just that I am picking on Botas. The whole grid does it and it's going to get someone killed. It already has in other forms of racing. Formula One should be better than a game of chicken.

Drive to Survive is working.

Only thing that needs tweaking is the time. If only they could manage to make it a little later then we would be golden.

I admit that even for me waking up in the AM for it takes some efforts. 12PM start times are doable imo.

Back
Top Bottom