F1 2021 News/Misc.

LOL, Mother Nature *finally* got pissed off at F1 for creating cars that take Eau Rouge flat without lifting. This used to be F1's most famous signature corner of the entire year, but it's been emasculated by excessive downforce and changes to the curbs. Good job Mother Nature to show your displeasure!
F1 likes to talk about how fast these cars are, but you have almost a full car width curb in the inside you can drive right over, and not only a curb on the outside, but even more pavement after that. You have about two car widths more usable track in the corners, so it's no wonder the cars are faster.

The FIA has gone safety crazy, while they let the guys drive into each other on the straight, that is.

I'de like to see them put in real curbs that upset the car's balance, and nothing but grass on the exit, kind of like the old days when F1 was real. More dangerous, sure, but I think if IndyCar drivers can race on tracks like that so can the supposed "best" drivers in the world."

It's not bad enough we are racing phone cheese tires and phone DRS, but now we routinely race on sections of the circuit that used to be grass, but we call that in bounds and fair game.

I'll be you if you put in grass everywhere but the actual track they would not be flat through there at all. What the point of removing the challenge?

Apparently Hamilton and Mercedes are close to a deal. Hamilton willing to forgo much of his current salary but wants bonuses doubled, for example winning the driver’s championship.

Personally I’m surprised he’s already not getting a hefty bonus for that as it is. Wolff wants deal done by June 15.

All rumors, btw.

I think Bottas isn't coming back to Mercedes next year. I think Valtteri at this point is burned out of being at Mercedes.

Honestly, if I was Williams I would bring him back. However, I doubt he goes back to Williams and just leaves F1 altogether to go to WRC or maybe WEC.

Valtteri has never been short on talent, however going against Lewis is taxing and has taken a ton out of him. I hope whatever he does, if he stays in F1 or not will excel wherever.

The Russel to Mercedes rumors are going off the charts lately. Some outlets have said Mercedes will announce the Hamilton-Russel pairing for 2022 at the British Grand Prix.

The Russel to Mercedes rumors are going off the charts lately. Some outlets have said Mercedes will announce the Hamilton-Russel pairing for 2022 at the British Grand Prix.
Fitting place to do so. Bottas acts and drives like 2020 Seb so far. He may have been told already, or at least sees the writing on the wall. I’d be interested to see how badly he wants to stay in F1, he might be fed up with it all. I could definitely see him doing rallying.

It sounds like Mercedes got mad they screw up so much in the pits compared to Red Bull, who have the fastest stop in five of seven races so far and the fastest six stops overall.

I dont get it. It sounds complicated from reading the article.

This will more than delay pit stops. It could cause one to completely derail your race if the guy giving the signal takes too long for it to "register." I dont know. ****** F1 ****** **** up again.

I dont get it. It sounds complicated from reading the article.

This will more than delay pit stops. It could cause one to completely derail your race if the guy giving the signal takes too long for it to "register." I dont know. ****** F1 ****** **** up again.
This is the part that stuck out:
RaceFans understands the latest rules change has come about as a result of questions raised by some teams over the speed with which Red Bull, among others, have completed certain pit stops this year.
No one has reason to care about Red Bull's pit stops besides Mercedes. It's being down under the guise of 'safety', but when was the last time Red Bull had an ultra-fast stop and left with a loose wheel? Had to have been at least several years ago.

The process with the sensors and the minimum reaction times required (seems like they want fewer anticipatory actions performed) I can't quite work out in my head but regardless of how it works, they must be adding at least a couple of tenths to a stop performed flawlessly.

This is the part that stuck out:

No one has reason to care about Red Bull's pit stops besides Mercedes. It's being down under the guise of 'safety', but when was the last time Red Bull had an ultra-fast stop and left with a loose wheel? Had to have been at least several years ago.

The process with the sensors and the minimum reaction times required (seems like they want fewer anticipatory actions performed) I can't quite work out in my head but regardless of how it works, they must be adding at least a couple of tenths to a stop performed flawlessly.

You think Merdeces has that much pulled? I doubt your theory.

Either way though, this is just meddlesome. It's no wonder why people think the FIA is corrupt and plays favorites all the time.

LOL, Mother Nature *finally* got pissed off at F1 for creating cars that take Eau Rouge flat without lifting. This used to be F1's most famous signature corner of the entire year, but it's been emasculated by excessive downforce and changes to the curbs. Good job Mother Nature to show your displeasure!
Eau Rouge is my favorite piece of track in all of racing.
So simple yet complicated.

They have added a SAFER barrier in the final turn at Zandvoort now.
I'm looking forward to the return of the Dutch GP. If they allow fans at full capacity it's gonna be a bigger festival than the German GP during the Schumacher era.
Most of the runoffs have not been paved. The place still looks like it used to.
1624628919869.png

They have added a SAFER barrier in the final turn at Zandvoort now.
I'm looking forward to the return of the Dutch GP. If they allow fans at full capacity it's gonna be a bigger festival than the German GP during the Schumacher era.
Most of the runoffs have not been paved. The place still looks like it used to.
View attachment 56094
I was watching highlights of GT WC Europe there recently and was glad to see it’s still an old school track. Looks really fun to drive.

The battle Hamilton v. Verstappen will continue for at least two more years :)

That sucks.
I'd like to see them return to India or Malaysia. If there's a doubleheader I hope it's gonna be at Interlagos.

Races there have been super boring as of late. The last 3 or so ea es have been complete snoozers.

Rumors already floating that they could do the same layout at the Sakhir Grand Prix. That’s one would be fun.

I highly doubt this will be the last cancellation of the season, so there could be room to hit a different track or two not on the calendar already while doubling up somewhere as well, should they really want to stay at 23 races.

Worst case scenario we get a double in Saudi Arabia.

I highly doubt this will be the last cancellation of the season, so there could be room to hit a different track or two not on the calendar already while doubling up somewhere as well, should they really want to stay at 23 races.

Worst case scenario we get a double in Saudi Arabia.
With the recent news that the Olympics take place without spectators and MotoGP at Motegi already canceled I'd be very surprised if Suzuka isn't canceled as well
How about Austin and Indy? Hey, I can dream.
Austin and Fort Worth:)

Back
Top Bottom