F1 2021 News/Misc.

Crap I'm tired that was supposed to go in the Indycar miscellaneous thread

Full-scale mock-up of the 2022 car likely to be revealed on Thursday.

Massive front wings.

Car has a lot of personality. Back looks sexy as hell.

Massive front wings.

Car has a lot of personality. Back looks sexy as hell.

Much cleaner look than the current cars, despite the weight increase. Most important of all, numbers from the aero models - 4% downforce loss at 20 meters behind (down from ~35%) and 18% downforce loss at 10 meters behind (down from ~47%). I’d expect those to change somewhat as teams build to their interpretation of the rules, but in general a better base car to build off of.

Much cleaner look than the current cars, despite the weight increase. Most important of all, numbers from the aero models - 4% downforce loss at 20 meters behind (down from ~35%) and 18% downforce loss at 10 meters behind (down from ~47%). I’d expect those to change somewhat as teams build to their interpretation of the rules, but in general a better base car to build off of.

Seeing the car in team liveries is getting me excited. I think it looks good and I'm seeing some IndyCar similarities in some areas.
20210717_102250.jpg

20210717_101651.jpg

I wonder how many academies this guy can bitch and moan through before he’s out of the sport for good.
That was his last chance, I honestly thought he turned the corner.

He should have been next in line for Williams if they decided to move on from Russell and if Latifi would be bounce out.

Ticktum has insane talent, but his just too flip at the mouth to succeed. IMHO, if he's smart he should stay in the Carlin family and see if he can switch to IndyCar.

There’s talks that the FIA Ferrari’d Red Bull and that’s why Mercedes has made gains.

Something about the horsepower Honda was getting.

They shouldn't change the corners, but if barrier safety can be improved with runoff or angles, I'm for that.
They are already driving over curbs where the walls used to be. The runoff is already absurd. Maybe they could leave just one thing in the world alone so men can actually be men.

There’s talks that the FIA Ferrari’d Red Bull and that’s why Mercedes has made gains.

Something about the horsepower Honda was getting.
Is it possible they were operating a little out of the rules? They sure found a bucket of speed over the off season.

Here's what Eau Rouge/Radillion used to look like. Back then drivers talked about it in awe, but now it's flat out, and you just sort of steer through it. It was a much mroe imposng challenge before.

Aren’t they already doing safety renovations there as part of the investment to bring motorbike racing back next year? I think pushing back the barrier on the left-hand side and extending it further down the track, along with adding a gravel trap.

It’s become a pretty easy flat complex for F1 but it’s definitely had its fair share of bad accidents recently across sports car and junior open wheel racing. In some instances it’s very fortunate they weren’t fatal like Hubert, mostly in some of the Spa 24 wrecks.

Aren’t they already doing safety renovations there as part of the investment to bring motorbike racing back next year? I think pushing back the barrier on the left-hand side and extending it further down the track, along with adding a gravel trap.
There are plans to bring back MotoGP but I'm pretty skeptical about that.
Even with a gravel trap in Eau Rouge/Raidillion there is a good chance someone would be right in the path of oncoming traffic after a highsider.

Spa used to be a man's track. Eau Rouge was not even the place drivers were scared of. The Masta kink was the really deadly piece of road, but that gets lost in history.

You only need one or two nasty accidents and then people freak out and want everything changed. In Indycar it's even worse. The ovals are slowly disappearing.

hqdefault.jpg

We're living in the snowflake era where no one is allowed to take responsibility for their own safety. If those people got their way, they would put in a chicane there.

Oh, wait. They already tried that.

xgCL_zmaO9XGwpUJxJKrtgI-aAXOQPDuhhVG-T25ahs.jpg

Will be interesting to see if anything comes from this.

I don't think we can rule out a Rick Ware Racing F1 takeover either.

Toto Wolff and daddy stroll are being investigated for insider trading. Lol

This system is broken.

Enzo Fittipaldi is moving up to F2, however Samala keeps his seat at Charouz and David Beckmann is out. Supposedly, Beckmann's sponsorship money has dried up. Samala has just been horrendous.

I'm hoping Seargant gets the call up next season.

Back
Top Bottom