F1 2021 News/Misc.

It was time, but he's still an incredible driver.

Hope to see him in IndyCar soon.
Kimi *was* an outstanding driver; whether he *still is* is more debateable. He's still a character though, and his more mellow attitude makes him a fan favorite (me included).

There's a country song for his career... "You'll Never Miss A Real Good Thing (Until He Says Goodbye)"

When Kimi had his full skills and a great high-bucks Ferrari contract, he couldn't be bothered... wasn't willing to put in the work... driving for a paycheck... better yet, collecting a paycheck for *not* driving.

It's a great song. "You never want a drink of water, 'til the well runs dry."

Kimi *was* an outstanding driver; whether he *still is* is more debateable. He's still a character though, and his more mellow attitude makes him a fan favorite (me included).

There's a country song for his career... "You'll Never Miss A Real Good Thing (Until He Says Goodbye)"

When Kimi had his full skills and a great high-bucks Ferrari contract, he couldn't be bothered... wasn't willing to put in the work... driving for a paycheck... better yet, collecting a paycheck for *not* driving.

It's a great song. "You never want a drink of water, 'til the well runs dry."

Still a more complete driver than a lot of the field tbh.

Official:

I'm hoping Bottas hasn't lost his edge these past couple of years. That final year he was in the Williams was special, and I am hoping that is the Bottas we get with Alfa. Like Seb, I am hopeful a change of scenery brings back the fire we've seen before.

This being confirmed today makes me wish even more he would've said FU and got the fastest lap Sunday.

I'm hoping Bottas hasn't lost his edge these past couple of years. That final year he was in the Williams was special, and I am hoping that is the Bottas we get with Alfa. Like Seb, I am hopeful a change of scenery brings back the fire we've seen before.

This being confirmed today makes me wish even more he would've said FU and got the fastest lap Sunday.
Valtteri is going to get his flowers now.

He went five years at Mercedes on a one year deal and was the perfect rear gunner for Mercedes.

He may not be on the level of Rosberg, but Valtteri got the job done. He helped Lewis to five additional WDCs and five WCCs for Mercedes. He was the epitome of class and always did right by the team.

Every team needs a guy like him and I'm always going to root for him. He's in a good spot on a team with less pressure and the first multi-year deal of his career.

Did you think he just got this ride and multi year contract by his own? Mercedes and Toto totally hooked him up.

btw, how odd that this wasn’t paired with a George to Mercedes confirmation as well?

What’s up with that

If he would have went to Williams, then I would tend to agree with this, but a move to Alfa is cut from the Merc ties.

Toto and Vasseur are close friends. There are even rumors that Alfa Romeo might even drop Ferrari engines and jump to Mercedes in the future. Far fetch rumors to be sure but it does line up with the fact They are no longer bound by Ferrari’s demand that they must hire a Ferrari driver from their young drivers program.

Still getting a lot of money from Stellantis.

Until that dies off, Alfa isn't going anywhere nor are the Ferrari ties, at least engine wise. I could see Gio staying another year or Pouchaire could get the call up. Maybe Albon and Bottas as well, depending on Albon's situation with Red Bull.

Gio I could also see moving to WEC with the Prema LMP2 program as well.

Bottas moment. Sign a multi-year deal with a different team just for them to be bought out by new ownership in year 2. That wouldn’t really happen…would it?
My question is...

Where in the flying **** is Gainbridge getting this money?

Seriously though, it would happen to Bottas. This would be interesting and would mean to end Peter Sauber's contributions to F1. Bittersweet moment, if this happens to be true. We'll see though and Michael is really trying to takeover on a global scale, really impressive to see him dabble in everything and be successful in most disciplines.

Also, would Vasseur still have a say in the team considering he wanted Bottas on a multi-year deal?

He’s figured out how to make money running professional race teams.

Logically <???> F1 is the next and possibly final step. That should take care of everything in the first sentence. 😇

My question is...

Where in the flying **** is Gainbridge getting this money?

Seriously though, it would happen to Bottas. This would be interesting and would mean to end Peter Sauber's contributions to F1. Bittersweet moment, if this happens to be true. We'll see though and Michael is really trying to takeover on a global scale, really impressive to see him dabble in everything and be successful in most disciplines.

Also, would Vasseur still have a say in the team considering he wanted Bottas on a multi-year deal?
Group 1001 is pretty damn big, IIRC. That’s pretty much the only way an undertaking like this works out.

If it’s at all true - and I don’t know much about the source - I would hope some of the key team players like Vasseur and Bottas would be retained for the start of the project. It’s not so easy to just stick an American in a seat or two with the Super License requirements.

Group 1001 is pretty damn big, IIRC. That’s pretty much the only way an undertaking like this works out.

If it’s at all true - and I don’t know much about the source - I would hope some of the key team players like Vasseur and Bottas would be retained for the start of the project. It’s not so easy to just stick an American in a seat or two with the Super License requirements.
If I'm Logan Sergeant, I'm hoping this project works out.

If he moves up to F2 next season, I think he should be on everyone's radar. Dude is doing incredible things in mediocre Charouz cars.

My son introduced me to F1 TV this past weekend.
It is stunning. All the radios,onboards,telemetry and a lot more.
79.99/year is pricey but imo is worth it if you need more F1
in your life.

My son introduced me to F1 TV this past weekend.
It is stunning. All the radios,onboards,telemetry and a lot more.
79.99/year is pricey but imo is worth it if you need more F1
in your life.

Yeah it’s a good deal. I looked into it but decided not to go ahead with it because streaming devices is highly limited. I’d like to watch through one of my consoles but since they only have Roku and the app itself is limited to browser and laptop this is a non starter for me.

lol yeah whoever wrote that sounds clueless as all hell. zero indication? good lord.

lol sit back and let hamilton cruise to victory. what a moron

The more I've thought about this, the more I love it. Williams could low key be a sleeper team next year with the reg changes. Their car is already miles ahead of where it was the past couple seasons and that is good momentum going forward. Adding Albon who may have a chip on his shoulder and something to prove is exciting.

Latifi has improved a lot this year and I already said at the end of last year that I expected Albon to return to F1 sooner than later. This is a good pairing for Williams to move forward. Albon is still backed by Red Bull so that might have helped.
With Albon being confirmed at Williams , Nico Hülkenberg rules out any chance of a possible return to F1.
I'm almost ready to jump on the hate Mazepin train.

Ralf Schumacher: Mazepin ‘has no place in F1’ (msn.com)

Of course, the hypocrisy is mind blowing, not so much from Mick, but Ralf seems to forget all the dirty tricks his brother perfected.
Verstappen was also quite dirty in his first years in F1 but like Michael Schumacher he was fast.
I don't think they should revoke Marzipan's license though. He hasn't been very good so far but he's no Yuji Ide.

Back
Top Bottom