F1 2022 News/Misc.

I won't really miss Mazepin a lot, tbh. The writing was on the wall when the Uralkali sponsorship was terminated. It's absolutely clear that you can't have the company of a Russian oligarch on your car in the current situation.
Several sports sanctioning bodies have banned all Russian and Belarusian athletes from competing and I guess that makes sense as well.
It'd be cool to see Pietro in F1 full-time.

Lots of rumblings today that Audi is pulling the plug on LMDh in favor of an F1 engine supply program.

Kevin gives the remainder of his Ganassi IMSA deal and the WEC Peugeot ride to drive a Haas? Doesn't make sense to me.

New car gives new life on his career.

No telling who is performing well after testing, so this gives Haas a fighting chance to be competitive.
It definitely makes sense for Haas, but for Kevin, why give up the Ganassi ride and whatever future tha could bring? He's already won a race in the Caddy, raced an Indycar race, and has tested a Ganassi Indycar lately. He could have real career stability with Ganassi. Add to that giving up the Peugeot WEC deal, and why would anyone trade that career path for another go in the Haas?

I think this is less about career advancement and more about being in F1 just to be in F1.

First day of testing at Bahrain is finished. A few surprises, but then again, it's just testing.

However, strictly at face value, the Alpha Tauri ran a lot of laps and was quick. Gasly is probably the most underrated driver on the grid.

After being so bad for so long, it was great to see Albon have a good session.

Perhaps the most odd thing of the whole day is that no Merc or Red Bull are in the top eight. Either they are both lost or the sandbagging is epic.

FNgCG8BVUAQ-_Yx.jpg

Last edited:
A few surprises. Red Bull is fastest right now which we sort of expected, but what the hell is wrong with Mercedes? Hamilton is sandwiched between the Hass cars!

FOJPaEbXIAUkbSj.jpeg

Usually I don't put much into practice but it's nice to see a big improvement from HAAS, the Mercs are still suffering from proposing, lets see what happens in qualifying.

Russell is only about 1/2 second off, so it's not a total disaster. They can turn that around if they can hit their set up. I think this porposing problem is going to be with us all season

It definitely makes sense for Haas, but for Kevin, why give up the Ganassi ride and whatever future tha could bring? He's already won a race in the Caddy, raced an Indycar race, and has tested a Ganassi Indycar lately. He could have real career stability with Ganassi. Add to that giving up the Peugeot WEC deal, and why would anyone trade that career path for another go in the Haas?

I think this is less about career advancement and more about being in F1 just to be in F1.
F1 is still by far the most prestigious racing series in the world and when a driver gets the chance to race there they will always take that chance.

F1 is still by far the most prestigious racing series in the world and when a driver gets the chance to race there they will always take that chance.
I though Kevin was in a superb position driving for both Ganassi and Peugeot. Doesn't make sense to dump that for a ride in the last place team that didn't want him last year. This is a typical case of staying F1 just to stay in F1.

A few surprises. Red Bull is fastest right now which we sort of expected, but what the hell is wrong with Mercedes? Hamilton is sandwiched between the Hass cars!

FOJPaEbXIAUkbSj.jpeg
I can't even remember the last time Hamilton qualified in 5th place. On top of that, Bottas outqualifies Russell in the Alpha. Wow.

Las Vegas is a pretty cool steet race idea/revamp. 3 races is quite a lot for a country with 0 F1 drivers.

Las Vegas is a pretty cool steet race idea/revamp. 3 races is quite a lot for a country with 0 F1 drivers.
Well as long as there stupid license system undervalued American series they won't get many

So we'll be up to three U.S. races by next year? Wow.

Some Dutch site is saying Spa or Paul Ricard might be pulled? I thought Vegas would just be race 24 (the max) but forgot Qatar isn’t on the calendar this year but comes back in ‘23. Losing Spa for Vegas would be a huge mistake.

Back
Top Bottom