F1 2022 News/Misc.

It's funny that they are comparing how efficient it is versus the 2013 power unit. They should compare it to the current one.

Hopefully Audi & Porsche are happy.
Bentley is part of VW
EHAbK3dWoAAZPhE.jpg

It's funny that they are comparing how efficient it is versus the 2013 power unit. They should compare it to the current one.
They show in the video (apparently F1 makes you go to YouTube when it’s linked here) that fuel flow will be between 70-80 kg/h, right now it’s 100 kg/h. The regulation will be restricted by energy flow instead of strictly fuel though.

That’s a big increase in how the cars depend on recovered braking energy power…400 kw/535 HP from the ICE, 350 kw/470 HP from the MGU-K. That’s a lot of braking energy to recover and deploy, I wonder how often they’ll actually be over 700-800 HP in-race, especially on flowing tracks.

Hopefully Audi & Porsche are happy.
I’ve been reading more and more about additional interest from the U.S. and Asia, possibly even a commitment in the fall. It’d be pretty spectacular if by 2026 you’re looking at Porsche, Audi, Ford, and Hyundai all getting in the game.

I’ve been reading more and more about additional interest from the U.S. and Asia, possibly even a commitment in the fall. It’d be pretty spectacular if by 2026 you’re looking at Porsche, Audi, Ford, and Hyundai all getting in the game.
Well...wait. I thought Audi was out. Are they back in again?

I think it's time Ford came back and gave Ferrari another good ass whoopin'.

Looks like Audi has bought into Sauber:

Announcement is probably within the next week or so. Yay for being way off again (Myself was way off the expectation of Audi).

With Audi, Sauber is getting a strong partner who, according to sources, is prepared to pay more than Andretti for a smaller percentage of the company. Rausing is set to remain on board as a minority owner.
That’ll do it. As unfortunate as it was for Andretti, Sauber were absolutely right that value was and is still rising, and that there were bigger interested parties on the horizon. It’ll be great to see them push towards the top of the grid again, 2026 and beyond should be awfully competitive.

This will be the third different German OEM for which Sauber have been factory team (Mercedes, BMW).

That’ll do it. As unfortunate as it was for Andretti, Sauber were absolutely right that value was and is still rising, and that there were bigger interested parties on the horizon. It’ll be great to see them push towards the top of the grid again, 2026 and beyond should be awfully competitive.

This will be the third different German OEM for which Sauber have been factory team (Mercedes, BMW).
Still need another team, maybe Andretti could drum up interest with the likes of Alpine? Like the original plan, but knowing Michael he does not like playing second fiddle for OEMs. Oh well, his plan will come together eventually. Just it might require a OEM to follow him through the door.

Still need another team, maybe Andretti could drum up interest with the likes of Alpine? Like the original plan, but knowing Michael he does not like playing second fiddle for OEMs. Oh well, his plan will come together eventually. Just it might require a OEM to follow him through the door.
If the rumors of US OEM interest is true than a tie-up between Andretti and Ford or GM would be awesome.

This is all pretty complex between the finances required to run an F1 team and what the other teams are asking for in turn for approving them. But another team would be good for a number of reasons, and right now it’s honestly too difficult to get an F1 seat.

That sucks, but he’s getting paid next year’s salary and still has seat options for next year available. He got to place his Monza trophy in the MTC next to one of Senna’s. I hope he manages to regain his form next year.

On top of all the news, Eau Rouge has been redone.
Hope its still a challenge.
Watching some of the Spa 24H last month it didn’t seem any different. Most of the rest of the circuit caught a lot more people out than usual with all of the new gravel traps though.

Anytime I hear that something has been modified for "safety" reasons, it usually means it has been neutered

Alfa will end its partnership with Sauber at the end of 2023. Leadership of the brand has been happy with the sponsor activation, they seem likely to stay involved in F1. Now, will they be willing to move over to Haas?

Or is this the raft Andretti is looking for?

!?!?@@?@?@?:

Also, Mick is being evaluated as well.

I’ve seen a lot of comments that Gasly and Ocon apparently have a frosty relationship going back ages, but that sounds like a good lineup in theory.

Herta to AlphaTauri? I remember when Red Bull picked up O’Ward for about a minute. As big as it is, their junior team isn’t too impressive right now, but I don’t think Herta is the answer.

Mick has officially left the FDA:

Bold choice, but I think its the best move for him. However, there is only Alpine, AT, and Williams available. I think he moves to Williams and maybe, just maybe Mercedes signs him on as a driver, if his performances warrant it, of course.

Mick has officially left the FDA:

Bold choice, but I think its the best move for him. However, there is only Alpine, AT, and Williams available. I think he moves to Williams and maybe, just maybe Mercedes signs him on as a driver, if his performances warrant it, of course.

Leclerc and Sainz just aren’t going anywhere soon. I’d like Albon/Mick as a pairing at Williams, plus Sargeant as reserve driver. I’m not sure he has the pace and consistency to move up the grid to Alpine at the moment even though he’s had some bright spots this year.

Leclerc and Sainz just aren’t going anywhere soon. I’d like Albon/Mick as a pairing at Williams, plus Sargeant as reserve driver. I’m not sure he has the pace and consistency to move up the grid to Alpine at the moment even though he’s had some bright spots this year.
I mean, Mick cost himself with the big shunts at Jeddah and Monaco. Miami as well, but performances like Canada where the car failed him in a top 5-6 position on pace shows his potential.

Albon and Mick would be an excellent pairing. Not to mention, Williams still has the Mercedes connection... You never know, but Mick will have to impress to attain that chance.

3 DNFs a pop. K-Mag is dominating the quali battle (11-3), but race pace wise Mick is actually beating K-Mag I think like 6 to 4 when both are racing and finished.

Piastri is offically going to McLaren, CRB sided with McLaren:

That’s tough, no compensation for Alpine. They bungled this whole thing with Alonso and Piastri badly while McLaren are set for the future with two talented young drivers. Still, I think a Gasly/Ocon pairing could be nice. That race for 4th in the WCC becomes even more interesting now.

That’s tough, no compensation for Alpine. They bungled this whole thing with Alonso and Piastri badly while McLaren are set for the future with two talented young drivers. Still, I think a Gasly/Ocon pairing could be nice. That race for 4th in the WCC becomes even more interesting now.
If pictures could talk, sheesh:

Gasly and Ocon would be a very strong line-up. Now, we have to see what Sauber does with Zhou. Haas, Williams, and AT all have a seat available if Gasly moves to Alpine. For Alpine, that creates another bottleneck because of Jack Doohan's performance. Also, Felipe Drugovich, if he wins F2 what will happen to him? A test role?

Back
Top Bottom