F1 2022 News/Misc.

Latifi is officially out at Williams after this season:

Seemed like a nice guy but at this point the money isn’t worth the lack of pace.

Pretty amazing that he’s likely going to wind up finishing 21st in a 20-car world championship twice. That’ll be great trivia one day.

F1 continuing to evaluate how much more Mickey they can add to race weekends. Might I add that Domenicali has also floated paying points for practice…

Nope. I don't agree with those changes. I don't mind DRS but let the drivers try to race without it for a bit as it is now.

The safety car on the track vs. VSC will just add more non-racing laps. Think NASCAR.

More crummy sprint weekends. These would only be interesting if they inverted the top 8 or 10 like in F2/F3 sprint races but the teams will never agree to that.

F1 continuing to evaluate how much more Mickey they can add to race weekends. Might I add that Domenicali has also floated paying points for practice…

This sounds like some of the gimmicks Ecclestone would come up with but never actually introduced.
NASCAR doing 36 races a year was OK when every other racing series was doing 15-20. Next year F1 will have 30 races and MotoGP will have 42. At some point it's just too much to keep up with.

This sounds like some of the gimmicks Ecclestone would come up with but never actually introduced.
NASCAR doing 36 races a year was OK when every other racing series was doing 15-20. Next year F1 will have 30 races and MotoGP will have 42. At some point it's just too much to keep up with.
I follow a 90 race World of Outlaws season just fine

Sprinklers at race tracks is arguably better than some of the crap they’re coming up with now.

Bernie was/is quite a guy.

Car salesman extraordinaire. Fathered his 4th child at age 90 ... a boy he named Ace.

Looks like 2012 is never going to end.

The FIA is currently finalising the assessment of the 2021 financial data submitted by all Formula 1 teams. Alleged breaches of the Financial Regulations, if any, will be dealt with according to the formal process set out in the regulations.

The FIA notes significant and unsubstantiated speculation and conjecture in relation to this matter, and reiterates that the assessment is ongoing and due process will be followed without consideration to any external discussion.

How is this even plausible to strip a title that was decided months ago?
Lots of rumormongering imo. For something that’ll wind up public at some point, Red Bull seem pretty adamant they were within the cap. If the audit turns up anything otherwise I’d bet it’ll be a fine and some other stuff. Can’t imagine them stripping a title a year after the fact.

Lots of rumormongering imo. For something that’ll wind up public at some point, Red Bull seem pretty adamant they were within the cap. If the audit turns up anything otherwise I’d bet it’ll be a fine and some other stuff. Can’t imagine them stripping a title a year after the fact.
Like who do they think they are the NCAA

As a lifelong fan of F1, I could see this sort of thing ruining my dedication to the sport.

NASCAR managed to do that to me with their ever changing gimmicks and whatnot over the years.

A conspiracy theorist might say the FIA is trying to make up for Abu Dabi.

On one hand, if they blatantly overspent last year, that's illegal and they cheated everyone. On the other, you can't take a drivers championship back for something the team did. Plus every bit of this is going to make a few horrible precedents.

Best bet is they leave Max alone, but heavy fine for the team.

As a lifelong fan of F1, I could see this sort of thing ruining my dedication to the sport.

Then you know this is just another bunch of FIA little Napolean bullsh*t with lots of Sabre rattling. Don't let this spoil it for you. It will blow over as soon as Marko pays off the right people.

NASCAR managed to do that to me with their ever-changing gimmicks and whatnot over the years.
I watch a little Nascar but I don't really follow it. I kind of lost interest when every box of cereal had a Nascar driver on it. Now I keep up with the drama in the second half of the playoffs because everybody is desperate, and someone is going to do something stupid. You just have to view it for what it is. It's just racing packaged as entertainment for the adoring masses. It's actually kind of great, but I like prototype and formula cars a lot more.

Nascar wanted to surpass football or something and they tried every dumb trick in the book to get fans. They got greedy. Remember "Digger?" Certainly, the hardcore fans are still there, but the fad is over, and those people aren't coming back. Nascar is still going to be the biggest draw in the country.

Formula One and Indycar have their gimmicks too, and in the Sportscar world we have BOP. None of it is perfect, but we still love it.

On cost cap judgment day, Red Bull start the day with good news that Honda branding will once again be visible on the RB/AT cars from this weekend onwards. Seemingly a positive development towards Honda potentially staying in F1 from the start of the 2026 engine regulations.

I've gotten to the point with a lot of motorsports (especially F1) that
I dont get too emotionally attached to any one team. I am no longer a fan
of one team or driver but am mostly of fan of each event and does
it provide the entertainment I am looking for in exchange for my time.
If a driver could use a win for whatever reason at that time is who I'll root for.
IMSA, Indycar,MotoGP,NHRA is the same way for me. NASCAR is a little different,
I have my 4 or 5 favorite drivers but really just hope for a good race no matter
who wins.

So , whatever any sanctioning body wants to do with rules and regs
is fine with me. I am not interested in the behind the scenes weeds. At the end
of the day , is it a good show on raceday ? Thats all I'm concerned about.

So they overstepped their annual allowance by taking the team out for burgers and beer. More good stuff from FIA :D

Back
Top Bottom