F1 2024 News/Misc.

The Hamilton to Ferrari rumors just wonā€™t end even after guy signs a two year deal with Merc. lol

Suspicious timing with the Andretti news. Now we have a massive rumor about Ferrari and Hamilton part 2. šŸ˜’

The Hamilton to Ferrari rumors just wonā€™t end even after guy signs a two year deal with Merc. lol

Suspicious timing with the Andretti news. Now we have a massive rumor about Ferrari and Hamilton part 2. šŸ˜’
What else is there to talk about? The cars are basically the same and the driver lineups from last year are identical. The new names of teams are laughably bad, but I guess it doesn't matter because they'll all be at the back of the grid. How many consecutive months can they ask "Is Sergio Perez out at Red Bull?"

I should have walked away after 94 when Schumacher rammed Hill to secure a championship. I should have walked away after 97 when Schumacher was virtually unpunished for trying the same thing with Villeneuve. I should have walked away after 5 consecutive Schumacher championships. I should have walked away after four consecutive Vettel championships. I should have walked away after 8 consecutive Mercedes championships. I should have walked away after crashgate. I should have walked away after the manipulated Abu Dabi 2021. I should have walked away after Verstappen won 19 races I should have walked away when I read about Hamilton potentially losing his first championship, 16 years later.

And now that, as an American, I've been slapped in the face by a sport I've supported through all the dirty driving, cheating, nazi hooker scandals, $100 million fines and uncompetitive racing I should finally walk away.

The new names of teams are laughably bad, but I guess it doesn't matter because they'll all be at the back of the grid.
This hadnā€™t been brought up here yet but itā€™s actually hideous how bad they are. I canā€™t even remember what Sauberā€™s is. Kick Stake Sauber or whatever - what? They got teams named **** like that and Visa CashApp Racing and want to talk about how Andretti would detract from the ā€œprestige and standingā€ of the championship.

Itā€™ll be really funny when Hamilton and Alonso retire and Verstappen gets bored and leaves for sports cars all within the next three years and the whole house of cards comes tumbling down.

Itā€™ll be really funny when Hamilton and Alonso retire and Verstappen gets bored and leaves for sports cars all within the next three years and the whole house of cards comes tumbling down.
Even if that were to happen - I dunno if it will in that specific way or if it slowly fades from public interest in the US - the people who are saying now about how it's great Andretti got rejected will simply say "See, we needed to protect President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Crypto Scam 10000 Racing because the Americans couldn't be trusted to love F1 like we do!"

Even if that were to happen - I dunno if it will in that specific way or if it slowly fades from public interest in the US - the people who are saying now about how it's great Andretti got rejected will simply say "See, we needed to protect President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Crypto Scam 10000 Racing because the Americans couldn't be trusted to love F1 like we do!"
Thing is theyā€™re also doing what they can to disenchant the long-time fans as well. Zandvoort is probably gone whenever Max retires, they play games with Spa, Catalunya is off the board, theyā€™re yanking Monacoā€™s chain with some Nice street circuit concept, theyā€™re pushing Osaka to put together a street race. Thereā€™s foreseeably a period coming where the calendar as a whole is totally unrecognizable and some of the biggest legends in the sport are all gone. It could get ugly.

What in the wholly **** is going on?

Lobato is a Spanish F1 broadcaster whoā€™s not known for being a clown. For him to not only go on and say Hamilton is probably already signed but that Sainz could replace him at Merc as he waits for Audi to come in.

Lmao. Cluster****

What in the wholly **** is going on?

Lobato is a Spanish F1 broadcaster whoā€™s not known for being a clown. For him to not only go on and say Hamilton is probably already signed but that Sainz could replace him at Merc as he waits for Audi to come in.

Lmao. Cluster****

Twitter didn't want to translate so I ran it through Google for people

"I don't usually comment on rumors, but this is more than just a rumor. From what I have learned, the chances of Lewis Hamilton wearing Ferrari red in 2025 are very high, in fact I do not rule out that he is already signed. Lewis has a contract until the end of 2025, but with an option to leave in 2024. The maneuver has caught Mercedes off guard, while Carlos Sainz expected it. This year is going to be difficult for Carlos at Ferrari, but his options for 2025 are several: A year of waiting at Sauber until it becomes Audi in 2026 or even a possible negotiation with Mercedes to take Hamilton's place."

Sainz is gonna be begging for a seat at Haas as a result of this. Hamilton will be 40 years old and probably years removed from winning going to a team that has made some of the most puzzling and awful strategy calls in recent memory. Mercedes is basically telegraphing that they're planning to promote Kimi Antonelli unless he flops spectacularly in F2, in which case I suppose there's a pile of cheap F2 drivers from the last 3 years who will have accomplished nothing and gotten no opportunities to pick from.

I don't get the "WOW CANT WAIT" responses from some folks. Two fading stars joining forces out of desperation might work but it also probably won't.

Thing is theyā€™re also doing what they can to disenchant the long-time fans as well. Zandvoort is probably gone whenever Max retires, they play games with Spa, Catalunya is off the board, theyā€™re yanking Monacoā€™s chain with some Nice street circuit concept, theyā€™re pushing Osaka to put together a street race. Thereā€™s foreseeably a period coming where the calendar as a whole is totally unrecognizable and some of the biggest legends in the sport are all gone. It could get ugly.
Everyone assuming the teams will be negotiating to make the anti-dilution $1 billion dollars are fools; the teams are telling them to their face and have been for two years now that they want franchises. The degree to which F1 will resemble NASCAR in 5 years in terms of structure and rules changes (you really think they won't institute GWC finishes and then go looking for some gravel on track?) I think will shock people.

I was hoping Ben Sulayem would straighten things out after Abu Dabi 21, but it only seems to be getting worse. I am rapidly losing interest.

FB_IMG_1706794437514.jpg

Sainz is gonna be begging for a seat at Haas as a result of this.
Sainz is already rumored to be in line for the Audi seat, and today a rumor was floated he might move to Mercedes. Anything else, I'de rather see him in WEC or Indycar. Sainz is a really talented driver who like everyone else is unfortunate enough to live in the Verstappen era.
Hamilton will be 40 years old and probably years removed from winning going to a team that has made some of the most puzzling and awful strategy calls in recent memory.
We thought Lewis was crazy to leave McLaren too.
Mercedes is basically telegraphing that they're planning to promote Kimi Antonelli unless he flops spectacularly in F2, in which case I suppose there's a pile of cheap F2 drivers from the last 3 years who will have accomplished nothing and gotten no opportunities to pick from.
Mercedes is probably hanging their hopes on George.
I don't get the "WOW CANT WAIT" responses from some folks. Two fading stars joining forces out of desperation might work but it also probably won't.
I'm disappointed Hamilton didn't finish up at Mercedes. All the talk about unity and harmony and then when it gets tough he stiffs them. After six championships I didn't expect this.

Sainz is already rumored to be in line for the Audi seat, and today a rumor was floated he might move to Mercedes. Anything else, I'de rather see him in WEC or Indycar. Sainz is a really talented driver who like everyone else is unfortunate enough to live in the Verstappen era.

I'm disappointed Hamilton didn't finish up at Mercedes. All the talk about unity and harmony and then when it gets tough he stiffs them. After six championships I didn't expect this.
Huh? I mean, the deal he was on was only for two years and Lewis isn't getting any younger. He mentioned previously that he would be interested in driving for Ferrari. Not to mention, there maybe other opportunities involved with said move. So, he's toughed it out over the past five years and wants to move on.

It's business at the end of the day, he's been with Mercedes since he was 13 years old. I think that's more than enough loyalty shown.

Vettel left after one bad season at Red Bull and moved to Ferrari in 2015. It's business at the end of the day.

With only 20 seats up for grabs for the foreseeable future, driver moves that involve new talent naturally mean displacing someone else possibly forever (since being out of F1 usually leads to you never returning). Sainz winding up at Sauber Audi where he maybe manages to finish in the top 5 in points a la the Kubica/Heidfeld days is fine but we all deep down know how that's gonna go whether Max is around or not.

I have no idea if I was prescient enough to say "Going to Mercedes is probably fine" and even if I did, big whoop. I don't recall thinking "He's doomed." Then again how many people understood before pre-season testing how off the pace Alonso and McLaren in their second iteration together would be?

I remember analyzing lap times from 2022 and between Russell and Hamilton, Russell had the faster lap about 60% of the time. Not sure about 2023 but I guess I don't care anymore. Maybe I should because it would make me an excellent gambler when I have this much institutional knowledge and only contempt for the sport itself.

F1 is cut throat and I don't blame anyone for doing whatever enriches them most. Someday there will be a Hamilton biography and we'll learn all about his relationships with Alonso and Rosberg, his sex life, his personal trainer leaving him last year that everyone treated as the biggest story of the season, and the decisions to move to Mercedes and Ferrari.

Lewis has zero left to prove in his career so I gotta say, good for he and Ferrari. Almost all of the big names wind up driving for Ferrari at one point or another so this should be a pretty cool, albeit jarring, way to see his career wind down. It just wasnā€™t working at Mercedes anymore and having to build a new concept from the ground up this deep into a regulation cycle is a tall order. As @virtualbalboa alluded to, Ferrari are and have been for many years operationally challenged in race execution, so maybe it doesnā€™t get the results they want. But credit to both parties for taking a shot. If he and Leclerc are allowed to race it should be very entertaining.

Also very interested to see if Mercedes really do promote Andrea Kimi Antonelli to the senior team after just one year of F2, or if they go after a stopgap like Albon for a year or two, placing Antonelli at Williams.

Huh? I mean, the deal he was on was only for two years and Lewis isn't getting any younger.

All the news coming from the Mercedes sim drivers is very encouraging, so to me it would make sense to take advantage of that and benefit from the continuity.
He mentioned previously that he would be interested in driving for Ferrari. Not to mention, there maybe other opportunities involved with said move.
Lewis could also be kissing off that lifetime Mercedes ambassador deal. Maybe I'm not greedy enough, but once you're making $40 mill a year it's got to be more than just business.
So, he's toughed it out over the past five years and wants to move on.
Discounting 2021 (which was a farce anyway), only the last two years have been tough.
It's business at the end of the day, he's been with Mercedes since he was 13 years old. I think that's more than enough loyalty shown.
Toto said if they could not give him a winning car, Lewis would be right to move, but the car has only been bad for two years.

It's possible they will lose some fans over this. I'm not much of a fan to start with, but the Andretti name is very popular starting with Mario in F-1.

Time to stock up on draino and drink it raw. Pain awaits.

But my body is ready!

IMO considering their ages I would have stuck with Sainz if I was Ferrari.

I dont like lame duck situations I think everybody would be better served if both teams flipped the two drivers for the 2024 season.

IMO considering their ages I would have stuck with Sainz if I was Ferrari.

I dont like lame duck situations I think everybody would be better served if both teams flipped the two drivers for the 2024 season.
I think Lewis has shown last year and over the back half of 2022 heā€™s still probably the second-best driver in the series. Sainz is alright and will probably land on his feet (Audi still seems fairly likely), but heā€™s no Lewis Hamilton.

It doesnā€™t sound like anyone is willing to contract for more than three or four years out right now, or they risk getting stuck in a bad situation when the new regs come out. In a short window going with Lewis makes good sense.

Good for Lewis. Most F1 drivers relish the chance for a Ferrari seat before they retire.
I am wandering about 2024. Does Mercedes take away Lew's factory keys for the year?
Seems its SOP from what I recall with these kind of circumstances in the past.

If Mercedes doesn't want Lewis as an ambassador he was right to leave. Lewis is the most well spoken, humble, polite, and respectful driver in the paddock, and after delivering 6 titles there couldn't be anyone better for that role. You go where you are wanted and valued.

Lewis' move didn't make sense to me until I read this, but now it certainly does.

If Mercedes doesn't want Lewis as an ambassador he was right to leave. Lewis is the most well spoken, humble, polite, and respectful driver in the paddock, and after delivering 6 titles there couldn't be anyone better for that role. You go where you are wanted and valued.

Lewis' move didn't make sense to me until I read this, but now it certainly does.
Why stick around where you're not wanted, especially where the Brass doesn't want you?

Back
Top Bottom