F1 2024 News/Misc.

Doesn't look much different from last year's sled:

BB1hFzJU.img
Uninspired livery from an uninspired team…

This is wild. He’s getting double Leclerc’s salary in a shorter contract than his own.

Also this Italian site (hit google translate) says how Hamilton will also be a “strategic asset” for Ferrari. Whatever that means.

Meaning he will bring his own group of strategist? Interesting.

This is wild. He’s getting double Leclerc’s salary in a shorter contract than his own.

Also this Italian site (hit google translate) says how Hamilton will also be a “strategic asset” for Ferrari. Whatever that means.

Meaning he will bring his own group of strategist? Interesting.

Sounds like he may bring Bono with him. Would be an upgrade for Ferrari for sure.

That salary is also insane, that’s almost twice what Max, previously the highest-paid driver, makes and probably what the Haas budget is. 💀

I don't expect us to hear much more about this. Red Bull will probably just pay they/them off because they aren't going to risk losing Horner.

Stake basically doesn't have a license anywhere either. Here in the US and Canada it is technically illegal to play on Stake.com and instead you are directed to play on Stake.us which has a sweepstakes model (which is also illegal in multiple states including mine).

Audi can’t come soon enough…until that happens, they are Sauber to me. Not gonna bother trying to remember if a title sponsor is Kick or Stake depending on what country or even state they’re racing in. Good grief.

Audi can’t come soon enough…until that happens, they are Sauber to me. Not gonna bother trying to remember if a title sponsor is Kick or Stake depending on what country or even state they’re racing in. Good grief.
I'm going to call them Skank F1.
They should mandate that these teams paint their ****** cars. They all look alike with the carbon crap.
After years of hacked up looking sleds we are finally getting some good looking cars, except they are all mostly black, which hides the detail.

It's 2pm in London right now. We should have heard something about the Horner decision by now.

No verdict until next week, per ESPN.
Yeah, that's what it said at the end of the article.

I can't imagine what's wrong with controlling behavior. That's what a boss is supposed to do. Control your employees.

This does not appear to be a me-too kind of thing because in those cases they are always up front about it. That wins every time, so toss it out there and start the panic and public backlash. That's not happening this time, so my uneducated guess is Horner butthurt someone who wasn't doing their job, so let's make a payday out of it.

The Red Bull culture is brutal and no one else is complaining. We'll see how it plays out, but if Horner has to go, what are they going to do, hire Gunter?

Yeah, that's what it said at the end of the article.

I can't imagine what's wrong with controlling behavior. That's what a boss is supposed to do. Control your employees.

This does not appear to be a me-too kind of thing because in those cases they are always up front about it. That wins every time, so toss it out there and start the panic and public backlash. That's not happening this time, so my uneducated guess is Horner butthurt someone who wasn't doing their job, so let's make a payday out of it.

The Red Bull culture is brutal and no one else is complaining. We'll see how it plays out, but if Horner has to go, what are they going to do, hire Gunter?
I won’t speculate much on whatever it may have been, but if anything happens that ends up with Horner headed out the door I imagine they’d just promote from within at that point (such as Jonathan Wheatley).

So two street races in Chicago, NASCAR and F1, at different times, blocking off different sections of downtown? It should be fun to see how the good citizens react. Many will point to Vegas, arguably more disruptive than last year's Cup race was.

If they REALLY want to prioritize racing over show, go up the road to Elkhart Lake. By even discussing a temporary course downtown in a major city, you've already signaled the show is more important.

The F1 craze has peaked out. ESPN numbers were down 8%. This is like disco or anything else. Popularity peaks and interest falls off. F1 is going to get hit harder than most crazes because Max is going to continue to dominate, we've lost DTS's big draw in Gunter and we could very well lose Horner too (and those tasty Horner/Wolf exchanges). Vegas business are filing a $20 million class action lawsuit because the race blocked access to their businesses.

If you add all that up, another couple of years like this and Chicago might think twice about having a race. Formula One is not going to crash or anything, but I don't think we can sustain four GPs.

The F1 craze has peaked out. ESPN numbers were down 8%. This is like disco or anything else. Popularity peaks and interest falls off. F1 is going to get hit harder than most crazes because Max is going to continue to dominate, we've lost DTS's big draw in Gunter and we could very well lose Horner too (and those tasty Horner/Wolf exchanges). Vegas business are filing a $20 million class action lawsuit because the race blocked access to their businesses.

If you add all that up, another couple of years like this and Chicago might think twice about having a race. Formula One is not going to crash or anything, but I don't think we can sustain four GPs.

Agree with all points, adding that elitism and $500 tickets are not going to go over well with the younger generation F1 is trying to attract.

So two street races in Chicago, NASCAR and F1, at different times, blocking off different sections of downtown? It should be fun to see how the good citizens react. Many will point to Vegas, arguably more disruptive than last year's Cup race was.

If they REALLY want to prioritize racing over show, go up the road to Elkhart Lake. By even discussing a temporary course downtown in a major city, you've already signaled the show is more important.
What they would have to do to Road America to make it safe for F1 is pretty much a non-starter unless you wanna see large parts of the track neutered. RA doesn’t have the kind of money to host F1 either. It took them a while even just to make enough upgrades to finally draw the Cup Series there.

I don’t think the NASCAR race will still be around by whenever this is targeted for. Like the Clash, three or four races might be it before they venture to other cities. There really is no chance they could co-exist with the NASCAR event, but I don’t think they intend to anyways.

F1 at Road America would be bat**** insanity. Especially the carousel through the kink. They'd probably lap a solid 20-30 seconds faster than Indycars.

What they would have to do to Road America to make it safe for F1 is pretty much a non-starter unless you wanna see large parts of the track neutered.
And all the grass paved over.
I don’t think the NASCAR race will still be around by whenever this is targeted for.
If Nascar's fan base had much interest in road racing they would pay more attention to IMSA.

F1 would insist they put a chicane in before the kink.
At the very least, they’d push the wall way back and add a bunch of paved runoff.

I think for Grade 1 certification the pit/start straight is only allowed a certain gradient too, so that alone probably rules out RA.

At the very least, they’d push the wall way back and add a bunch of paved runoff.

I think for Grade 1 certification the pit/start straight is only allowed a certain gradient too, so that alone probably rules out RA.
Jim Pace had a blow over in an old Can Am Shadow there.

Memory is a little vague on this one, but I believe Geoff Brabham had one in the same spot with a Nissan GTP.

Back
Top Bottom