F1 2024 News/Misc.

Lewis qualified P18 for the GP after making setup changes for the dry and locking up on the penultimate corner in his final Q1 attempt. Seems like it’s always up and down for that team these days. P3-P7 were once again awfully close.

Checo looking competent again has been an underrated storyline so far this season, imo. Guy was spinning in every practice session and getting eliminated in Q2 every week last year, it felt like. So far he’s back in form.

Supposedly Mercedes and Sainz are both very interested in each other, but Merc want to do that 1+1 contract structure they did with Lewis while Sainz wants 2+1. Toto is still gung-ho on Antonelli and would probably want him in their car no later than 2026, as long as he progresses as they’d like.

Didn’t see this posted but Will Buxton thinks Merc is off the table for Carlos b/c Toto wants Antonelli in the car and 2025 can be a learning/throw-away year. Carlos might end up at Sauber/Audi

Newey expected to announce his exit from Red Bull in the near future…Ferrari the most likely destination. Game on.

Yeah, I don't know what to think about that. Maybe the next one could be the helmet he wore with the bloody bandages stuck to the inside. 😟

Wow so the Newey leaving is a real thing. Looks like an official announcement is coming before the Miami weekend.

Today it has been 30 years since we lost Ayrton Senna.
1714558320421.jpeg

The independent investigation into the allegations made against Mr Horner is complete, and Red Bull can confirm that the grievance has been dismissed. The complainant has a right of appeal. Red Bull is confident that the investigation has been fair, rigorous, and impartial. The investigation report is confidential and contains the private information of the parties and third parties who assisted in the investigation, and therefore we will not be commenting further out of respect for all concerned."

That is the official Red Bull statement on the Horner Investigation. I will pay anyone anywhere $100 to show me where this statement actually exonerates Christian Horner as having done nothing wrong. It says the grievance was dismissed and the complainant has a right of appeal. Usually if someone hasn't done anything wrong, official statements say that.

I'm seeing a pattern here, first Red Bull investigates Horner (Red Bull), then FIA investigates Sulayem (FIA), then Penske Indycar Series investigates Team Penske. Nothing to see here, move on please. 😂

The independent investigation into the allegations made against Mr Horner is complete, and Red Bull can confirm that the grievance has been dismissed. The complainant has a right of appeal. Red Bull is confident that the investigation has been fair, rigorous, and impartial. The investigation report is confidential and contains the private information of the parties and third parties who assisted in the investigation, and therefore we will not be commenting further out of respect for all concerned."

That is the official Red Bull statement on the Horner Investigation. I will pay anyone anywhere $100 to show me where this statement actually exonerates Christian Horner as having done nothing wrong. It says the grievance was dismissed and the complainant has a right of appeal. Usually if someone hasn't done anything wrong, official statements say that.
And I believe they’re currently in the appeal process right now, due to be concluded sometime in May. Horner isn’t out of the woods just yet.

At any rate, Newey found it unseemly enough that his relationship with Horner and the team had apparently been damaged.

Yep. I expected the whole car or most of it blue.

Literally a stripe. Lmao
The big teams are such weenies when it comes to unique liveries. The one exception being McLaren/Gulf back in ‘21.

This reminds me of when they splashed some yellow on the engine cover and rear wing at Monza in ‘22. Get real, son.

Crazy rumor going around that Miami will be Logan’s last race in F1.

They are really pushing the Antonelli narrative really hard.

When I was really deep into boxing, I became aware of a pattern that every promoter would engage in when discussing upcoming fights for a star. They'd throw out names - 3-5 names, specifically - and in that list of names all but one would be strong, unquestionable, indisputable options for a fight that were often stars in their own right. And then there was the one outlier: clearly someone who didn't belong next to the other names, didn't have the resume, didn't have the skills, but who appeared stronger simply by being positioned next to them. And as Jim Cornette would say, "Wouldn't you know who won the pony!" when it came time to actually announce a fight. Always the outlier.

Verstappen is the top guy in the world. Alonso is a legend. Sainz appears to be one of the best drivers around today and just won, breaking up the Red Bull domination - been linked to Audi Sauber forever which may be legitimate talk or just banter from people fantasizing about a landing spot. And then there's Kimi Antonelli, a 17 year old junior driver who skipped FIA F3 after winning two regional F3 series last year (just as well; it's all the same people really). I've seen plenty of him last year and he's, you know, pretty decent looking I guess but suffers from the same lack of capability to set up a pass that many junior drivers have. He overtakes either when DRS is enabled or someone makes a mistake in front of him, which is fine, but probably not the skill set required to dominate at the F1 level. I could be very wrong, but that's my feeling on him. I think I know who is stepping in that car when Lewis is out.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Crazy rumor going around that Miami will be Logan’s last race in F1.

They are really pushing the Antonelli narrative really hard.
Wow…and I would dare say because Toto, once again, has Verstappen on the brain and still rues the day he couldn’t give him an F1 seat straight out of European F3 like Red Bull could. Now they’re gonna pull this kid straight out of FR Euro/FR Middle East campaigns and essentially skip F3 and F2 like Max did, quite possibly because he still can’t get Max like he wants.

Back
Top Bottom