F1 Abu Dhabi Race Thread Finale

Yet you will be here next March.

Will I be here here as in on the board? Probably. I have friends I speak to on here regularly. that’s why I come back.

You clearly do not know me. Do you see me posting in the NASCAR session at all? I quit NASCAR years ago because I lost interest between all the changes and Gordon retiring.

This being the internet where people say whatever and all, I still put stock into what I say. Thanks

Max did 2 tire changes the last half
of the race! That in it self seemed crazy especially the last change to
softs. Even with Toto screaming at the Stewards on the radio, Hamilton knew
what the eventual outcome would be.
The risk was very low for the reward the tire changes provided. By not pitting for tires, Max essentially wasn't going to win the championship unless Hamilton had an incident. So, Max's risk of not winning the championship was very high by not pitting for tires.

I can't find anything in their statement to disagree with. The safety car procedures at the end of the race were an absolute joke, and F1 has lost considerable credibility. There was also nothing to be gained at this point by dragging the protest out further.
Wolff and Hamilton not attending the mandatory gala speaks volumes.

*Sighs* Load the clip:
E6DEyjZXEAApVMu.jpeg

Hamilton is looking at a 10 grid drop penalty for his next race for breaking a rule. I kid you not fellas.

FIA doubles down on petty. Sure, rules are rules, that is, when the FIA decides they are ...... or aren't.

Regardless of who won, or didn't win the championship, it was still bungled by the people supposedly running the show, and not for the first time either. F1 has had less than satisfying championship endings several times before, and after this one people will have to consider if they want to invest in another championship knowing full well the FIA could bungle it yet again.

I'm sure after we have a couple of months off to be unhappy over how it was handled, we'll mostly be happy to see the new cars and maybe even the order being shaken a bit. I'm sure I will watch too, but I'm not so sure how seriously I will take it or if I will even care. Indycar is too good and IMSA is too good. Even WEC looks like it is going to get better, so I know I will care about those.

You can run a guy four car widths off the road with no issue (Brazil), but if you miss the ceremony (in the middle of a supposed pandemic when no one should be there anyway), you get whacked?
He didn't skip the banquet because of the pandemic.

He didn't skip the banquet because of the pandemic.
Remember when Carl Edwards quit NASCAR because of a BS yellow flag that cost him the championship? Would be awesome if Hamilton does the same thing.

It would have made a good excuse to stay away.

The new guy is texting and calling Hamilton for some reason. That's funny. Guy is in his off season and they expect him to be grovelling.

Recently elected FIA president Mohammed Ben Sulayem says that he has reached out to Lewis Hamilton but has yet to receive a response from the Mercedes driver.

"I sent him messages, yes, I think he is not 100 percent ready yet and I understand his position," said the FIA president who vowed to hold Hamilton accountable for breaching F1's sporting rues for not attending last month's gala in Paris.

"But there are also rules that must be accepted by all drivers. For me, there is no particular team or driver, out of respect for the integrity of the FIA.

"But I cannot judge until I have all the data and the first thing on my agenda is to thoroughly analyse what happened in Abu Dhabi.

"In the end, we are all human and the stress and pressure were there, so I think it will all work out. You have to look more to the future than to the past."

Weird. Hamilton and this guy have nothing to talk about. If you are giving him a penalty, just do it.

The new guy is texting and calling Hamilton for some reason. That's funny. Guy is in his off season and they expect him to be grovelling.

Weird. Hamilton and this guy have nothing to talk about. If you are giving him a penalty, just do it.
Not sure what to expect from the new guy. It's been Frenchmen running it for generations. Maybe this guy can govern fairly and consistently. I'm not holding my breath, though.

On second thought, throw the book at Hamilton. Piss him off real good. Put his back squarely against the wall because that's when the real Lewis comes out.

No one has had anything for Lewis except Nico in 2016, and some of that was Hamilton's bad luck. It's been a bore for seven years with Lewis. He just needed to get slapped in the face and woken up, but don't worry. Lewis is awake now

Back
Top Bottom