Finally the Daytona 500 Race Thread

neither was I but I didn't at this either, I like the racing no matter what and I can't understand why other fans are so darn picky about it

Why is it that I don't like this type of racing makes me picky? I actually wouldn't have mind it, if it wasn't single file. That second groove couldn't move at all.

Read and weep...
RESULTS

2012 Unofficial Race Results : Daytona 500

Daytona 500 | February 27, 2012 | Race 1 of 36
pixel.gif
pixel.gif
pixel.gif
pixel.gif
pixel.gif
pixel.gif
pixel.gif
pixel.gif

FINSTCARDRIVERMAKESPONSORPTS/BNSLAPSSTATUS
1 4 17 Matt Kenseth Ford Best Buy 47/1 202 Running
2 5 88 Dale Earnhardt Jr. Chevrolet Diet Mountain Dew / National Guard 42/0 202 Running
3 2 16 Greg Biffle Ford 3M 42/1 202 Running
4 31 11 Denny Hamlin Toyota FedEx Express 42/2 202 Running
5 9 31 Jeff Burton Chevrolet Caterpillar 40/1 202 Running
6 37 27 Paul Menard Chevrolet Peak / Menards 39/1 202 Running
7 13 29 Kevin Harvick Chevrolet Budweiser 37/0 202 Running
8 1 99 Carl Edwards Ford Fastenal 36/0 202 Running
9 12 20 Joey Logano Toyota The Home Depot 36/1 202 Running
10 22 55 Mark Martin Toyota Aaron's Dream Machine 35/1 202 Running
11 30 15 Clint Bowyer Toyota 5-hour Energy 33/0 202 Running
12 26 56 Martin Truex Jr. Toyota NAPA Auto Parts 33/1 202 Running
13 7 9 Marcos Ambrose Ford Stanley 31/0 202 Running
14 32 47 Bobby Labonte Toyota Kroger 30/0 202 Running
15 24 36 Dave Blaney Chevrolet Ollie's Bargain Outlet 30/1 202 Running
16 3 14 Tony Stewart Chevrolet Office Depot / Mobil 1 29/1 202 Running
17 14 18 Kyle Busch Toyota M&M's Brown 27/0 202 Running
18 43 32 Terry Labonte Ford C&J Energy 27/1 202 Running
19 41 26 Tony Raines Ford Front Row Motorsports 25/0 202 Running
20 21 6 Ricky Stenhouse Jr. Ford Ford EcoBoost 0 202 Running
21 18 39 Ryan Newman Chevrolet U.S. Army / Quicken Loans 23/0 202 Running
22 39 83 Landon Cassill Toyota Burger King 22/0 202 Running
23 33 38 David Gilliland Ford MHP Power Pak Pudding 21/0 202 Running
24 6 78 Regan Smith Chevrolet Furniture Row / CSX "Play it Safe" 21/1 200 Running
25 36 13 Casey Mears Ford GEICO 19/0 199 Running
26 38 93 David Reutimann Toyota Burger King 18/0 196 In Pit
27 10 33 Elliott Sadler Chevrolet General Mills / Kroger 0 196 Running
28 34 87 Joe Nemechek Toyota AMFMEnergy.com / Pellet & Wood Stoves 0 194 Running
29 20 5 Kasey Kahne Chevrolet Farmers Insurance 15/0 189 In Pit
30 11 98 Michael McDowell Ford K-Love / Curb Records 14/0 189 Running
31 19 1 Jamie McMurray Chevrolet Bass Pro Shops / Tracker Boats 13/0 188 In Pit
32 23 2 Brad Keselowski Dodge Miller Lite 12/0 187 Running
33 27 43 Aric Almirola Ford Smithfield "Helping Hungry Homes" 11/0 187 Running
34 15 22 A.J. Allmendinger Dodge Shell / Pennzoil 10/0 177 Running
35 40 21 Trevor Bayne Ford Motorcraft / Quick Lane Tire & Auto Center 0 164 Running
36 35 42 Juan Montoya Chevrolet Target 8/0 159 Running
37 42 30 David Stremme Toyota Inception Motorsports 7/0 156 Out of Race
38 29 10 Danica Patrick Chevrolet GoDaddy.com 0 138 Running
39 28 51 Kurt Busch Chevrolet HendrickCars.com 5/0 113 Running
40 16 24 Jeff Gordon Chevrolet Drive to End Hunger 5/1 81 Out of Race
41 17 7 Robby Gordon Dodge Mapei / Menards / Speed Energy 3/0 25 Out of Race
42 8 48 Jimmie Johnson Chevrolet Lowe's 2/0 1 Running
43 25 34 David Ragan Ford Scorpion Truck Bed Liners 1/0 1 Running
* Denotes Rookie

spacer.gif

Surprised at all these driver interviews after the race.Seeing how this race is like 3 hours over the time allotted?

They arent in a hurry to air a Jerry Springer 20 year old re run tonight lol

Well the truck drivers day is startin early lol. 8 hours home grab the pheonix stuff and hit the road again

This race was almost perfect! The princess wrecked early, JJ wrecked early, busch bros wrecked. Saw something for the first time someone crashing into a jet dryer!! The delay sucked thank god for DVR Jr finished second I'm proud of him. I'm happy for Matt Kenseth he lost his mom earlier this month and he wins Daytona

Why is it that I don't like this type of racing makes me picky? I actually wouldn't have mind it, if it wasn't single file. That second groove couldn't move at all.

I agree it would have been better with a second groove. I hate watching them go around with the second line 10 positions behind the inside line. Everyone on the bottom was afraid to go up there, they rode around in 6th place or so with no chance of getting by rather than taking a shot at passing on the outside.

Pack racing is great when they have a second line. Its not just the super speedways either, Darlington is always good for a day of single file racing.

I agree it would have been better with a second groove. I hate watching them go around with the second line 10 positions behind the inside line. Everyone on the bottom was afraid to go up there, they rode around in 6th place or so with no chance of getting by rather than taking a shot at passing on the outside.

Pack racing is great when they have a second line. Its not just the super speedways either, Darlington is always good for a day of single file racing.

This!!

Sad sad sad. Need I remind people that Dale Sr.'s last race, he spent his last laps blocking to give Mickey Waltrip ... his team driver ... the win. Biffle drove for his team. That's what he's paid to do.

Sad sad sad. Need I remind people that Dale Sr.'s last race, he spent his last laps blocking to give Mickey Waltrip ... his team driver ... the win. Biffle drove for his team. That's what he's paid to do.

Big difference is, if Dale Sr. had a chance to win the race he would have taken it without even blinking.

AND..........we coulda got the halfway money,if not for another brake ridein ford[9].

Big difference is, if Dale Sr. had a chance to win the race he would have taken it without even blinking.

I watched that race. I'm not convinced of that. Sr. knew how it felt to hunger for that Daytona win. Mickey'd been the bridesmaid for so long, he wanted Mickey to get his win, and he'd have done anything, including wrecking any challengers to give it to him. There was history there. Long history. Sr.'s very first Nascar ride was thanks to Mickey's brother.

I watched that race. I'm not convinced of that. Sr. knew how it felt to hunger for that Daytona win. Mickey'd been the bridesmaid for so long, he wanted Mickey to get his win, and he'd have done anything, including wrecking any challengers to give it to him. There was history there. Long history. Sr.'s very first Nascar ride was thanks to Mickey's brother.

If Sr would have lived I am sure many would have questioned the blocking.

If Sr would have lived I am sure many would have questioned the blocking.

I was amazed when everyone simply forgot he was blocking after it was announced that he had died. I'm still ashamed by the death threats that were sent to Sterling Marlin by my fellow NASCAR fans back then.

In this situation I understand why he didn't go for the win, but I think any driver worth his salt would have at least tried. Team racing is fine and dandy, but when you're coming down to the line you gotta look out for yourself and your own team. I know if I spent all that time working on someones car I'd be pretty pissed off if we just handed a win to a "team mate" when we had a shot like that.

2nd place with a car behind you to help is where you want to be on the last lap at Daytona and Dega. I'm not believing for a second that those two cars couldn't have caught and passed Matt.

You're not alone in that thought NC ... but there's been enough drivers who thought that way, and in the process cost both themselves and their team mates positions that team rules exist .. and if you want to keep your ride, you damn well follow them.

You're not alone in that thought NC ... but there's been enough drivers who thought that way, and in the process cost both themselves and their team mates positions that team rules exist .. and if you want to keep your ride, you damn well follow them.

Oh I understand, its a lot of money and sometimes you gotta race smart. Why take out two of your three cars when we could have finished 2nd and 3rd and just gave the win to someone else. But is that good for the fans? I know I'm not a fan of it and have never been. The big teams exist for a reason but I've never thought it was a good thing for the sport for a number of reasons.

Oh I understand, its a lot of money and sometimes you gotta race smart. Why take out two of your three cars when we could have finished 2nd and 3rd and just gave the win to someone else. But is that good for the fans? I know I'm not a fan of it and have never been. The big teams exist for a reason but I've never thought it was a good thing for the sport for a number of reasons.

The team orders bull**** is the number one thing I hate about formula one racing even though I still watch every race.

Whats with all the Biffle hate? Is it just Jr fans mad Biffle didn't do another stupid move like the twin races that would cost him a good finish and maybe even his teammate? No one was gonna pass Kenseth on the outside, the outside lane just wasn't work at the end only way the outcome would of been different is if Biffle went to the outside and Kenseth went to the outside as well, the last restart they had a good chance to break up Biffle and Kenseth when they started side by side but they chose not to.

Whats with all the Biffle hate? Is it just Jr fans mad Biffle didn't do another stupid move like the twin races that would cost him a good finish and maybe even his teammate? No one was gonna pass Kenseth on the outside, the outside lane just wasn't work at the end only way the outcome would of been different is if Biffle went to the outside and Kenseth went to the outside as well, the last restart they had a good chance to break up Biffle and Kenseth when they started side by side but they chose not to.

Its not really hate from me, just bleh over a disappointing finish. If he would have taken a look or something I wouldn't have said anything, but he was just riding around and blocking the only person with a chance that was actually trying to make the finish interesting. Has nothing to do with that guy begin Jr, I'm not much of a Jr. fan. :p

Its not really hate from me, just bleh over a disappointing finish. If he would have taken a look or something I wouldn't have said anything, but he was just riding around and blocking the only person with a chance that was actually trying to make the finish interesting. Has nothing to do with that guy begin Jr, I'm not much of a Jr. fan. :p

I wasn't seeing anyone be able to pass on the outside the last 40 laps so there was not much he could of done unless Jr. literialy shoved biffle along side Kenseth.

Back
Top Bottom