fire

Part of it is my fault. I had no idea how the whole process worked. I should have instantly gone to a general contractor but I did not. I feel dumb but I did not have the tools or understanding. I asked the bank to help me but they weren;t much help either.I piddled around getting estimates on cleaning the house, moving furniture, and gutting the kitchen.

This is very hard for me to discuss, I I blame myself.. I am just very happy to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Your agent did nothing letting you go 3.5 months? You really need a new agent. Remember he works for you, a percentage of your premium goes into his pocket. FIRE HIM, in fact I'd write a letter to the company with a copy to your insurance commissioner.
You're not supposed to know how the system works and if there's red tape it's his job to help and guide you through it.
This delay WAS NOT your fault

Part of it is my fault. I had no idea how the whole process worked. I should have instantly gone to a general contractor but I did not. I feel dumb but I did not have the tools or understanding. I asked the bank to help me but they weren;t much help either.I piddled around getting estimates on cleaning the house, moving furniture, and gutting the kitchen.

This is very hard for me to discuss, I I blame myself.. I am just very happy to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

It's not your fault at all. It's like going to a doctor and they want you to tell them what you think is wrong with you. Doc, I gave you the symptoms, you're supposed to tell me! Whatever company this person is representing is being given a black eye by them. The only reason a fire insurance rep should not be actively helping is if they have their own investigators looking into the cause, and they normally wrap up all their interviews in a matter of weeks.

Back
Top Bottom