First Four Out?

I agree......... great post...... If they are too dumb and inefficient to catch any problems in pre-race...... don't try to ding 'em after the fact.......

Lots of things can be "legal" before the race, and not be "legal" after the race.

God I hope you are kidding..........
i wouldn't have a complaint in the world if NASCAR would have had one. The 1 car ain't done nothing worth highlighting in years and rides mediocrity into the chase like he does any other time.

Yeah because it's better to have drivers that got lucky one race all season than people who run up front every week compete for a championship. o_O
McMurray hasn't competed for a championship in his entire Cup career, he has 1 plate win in almost 8 seasons right now. It makes no sense to have a field of 16 if we need to fill it with drivers who don't compete.

McMurray hasn't competed for a championship in his entire Cup career, he has 1 plate win in almost 8 seasons right now. It makes no sense to have a field of 16 if we need to fill it with drivers who don't compete.

....because the "fan vote winner" would be competitive....

Well, you have just explained why the whole Chase format is dumber than a box of rocks in the first place. We have about FOURTEEN drivers in the Chase that haven't competed well enough week after week to have even EARNED the right a try to win a title. Once you have watered it down to 16, why not 20, or twenty five? I don't disagree with you about McMurray, BUT, I'll take mediocre for 26 weeks over lucky for one week and lousy for 25.

I was only kidding with the fan vote idea. However seeing many good points on this post, as much as the Chase/Playoffs were instituted as a gimmick to drum up excitement I always thought top 10 drivers were always a great cut off point. That last race at Richmond the first few years of The Chase was pretty awesome not gonna lie. 16 as currently constituted feels a bit watered down.

Well, you have just explained why the whole Chase format is dumber than a box of rocks in the first place. We have about FOURTEEN drivers in the Chase that haven't competed well enough week after week to have even EARNED the right a try to win a title. Once you have watered it down to 16, why not 20, or twenty five? I don't disagree with you about McMurray, BUT, I'll take mediocre for 26 weeks over lucky for one week and lousy for 25.

I've accepted the format mostly, it's here and there's not a lot of going back at this point on it. I just feel like it can still be tweaked a bit. Might be nice to see it go to 12 or 14 guys. They could eliminate 2 after the first few races and then it goes to eliminating 4 at a time from there.

It's not bad, just don't think we need to see 1 or 2 guys in the playoff field each year just on points anymore.

If you win, you've done something very special in my book, even if it's one win in a season. I'll remember that guy more than I'll remember who was floating around Mid pack most of the season.

As long as we anywhere near 16 drivers, we are going to have several that have no business being there. At least when there only 10, it seemed like a REAL accomplishment. I'd cut it down to four and make it a REAL career highlight.

As long as we anywhere near 16 drivers, we are going to have several that have no business being there. At least when there only 10, it seemed like a REAL accomplishment. I'd cut it down to four and make it a REAL career highlight.
Yes 4 that would be cool or 8 maybe

This. I agree 100% , making The Chase when it was only 10 was such a huge accomplishment and felt more prestigious imo

I was only kidding with the fan vote idea. However seeing many good points on this post, as much as the Chase/Playoffs were instituted as a gimmick to drum up excitement I always thought top 10 drivers were always a great cut off point. That last race at Richmond the first few years of The Chase was pretty awesome not gonna lie. 16 as currently constituted feels a bit watered down.

The fan vote thing got me thinking about the all star race. There might be changes made to eligibility soon with Jr leaving and Danica's popularity waning/possible retirement. It would be nice to see that race get rid of so many of the easy entry exceptions, and become more genuine.

Actually he has 3 plate wins in the last 10 years (2 in the last 8 years). Plus he has a win at Indy and Charlotte. It's not like CGR has had the best quality of equipment over the past 8 years either. At the end of last year was when they finally started competing for wins.

BigMac has been competitive all year and consistently finishes in the top 10. He was somewhere around 9th in the standings before Richmond. He needs more top 5 finishes and wins but who doesn't? Compare that to the other guys that have fluke wins, Kahne in 21st, Dillon in 19th, Stenhouse 18th, Newman 16th, Logano, 15th Kurt Busch 13th, Blaney 12th.

1st 4 out - 5, 17, 21, 41

2nd 4 out - 3, 11 caught cheating, 4, 20

3rd 4 out - 1, 48, 24, 31

Leaving the final 4 at Homestead to be the 78, 42, 18, and 2. It will be a battle between the 78 and 42 like it has been all year.

Actually he has 3 plate wins in the last 10 years (2 in the last 8 years). Plus he has a win at Indy and Charlotte. It's not like CGR has had the best quality of equipment over the past 8 years either. At the end of last year was when they finally started competing for wins.

BigMac has been competitive all year and consistently finishes in the top 10. He was somewhere around 9th in the standings before Richmond. He needs more top 5 finishes and wins but who doesn't? Compare that to the other guys that have fluke wins, Kahne in 21st, Dillon in 19th, Stenhouse 18th, Newman 16th, Logano, 15th Kurt Busch 13th, Blaney 12th.

1st 4 out - 5, 17, 21, 41

2nd 4 out - 3, 11 caught cheating, 4, 20

3rd 4 out - 1, 48, 24, 31

Leaving the final 4 at Homestead to be the 78, 42, 18, and 2. It will be a battle between the 78 and 42 like it has been all year.

Since 2011 he's got 1 plate win. That's what I was going for. Yeah 2010 was his big moment in NASCAR. But since then he's barely been a factor. Dudes a good driver, but so inconsistent when it comes to competing up front. For a guy who has shown he can do it, why has it been so long all over again?

I don't know about that whole equipment thing. Can we ask Larson how EGR equipment is? Maybe he'll make some excuses Jamie can use.

Since 2011 he's got 1 plate win. That's what I was going for. Yeah 2010 was his big moment in NASCAR. But since then he's barely been a factor. Dudes a good driver, but so inconsistent when it comes to competing up front. For a guy who has shown he can do it, why has it been so long all over again?

I don't know about that whole equipment thing. Can we ask Larson how EGR equipment is? Maybe he'll make some excuses Jamie can use.
Don't have to ask Larson anything, he has his own team. That doesn't mean the 1 car has equal equipment, pit stops or competent CC. But Jamie did go on a win run one year and he beat the best out there. Jamie is a solid top 15 driver and that says a lot.

Jamie Mac is older let's keep that in mind. But he runs top 10-15 every week and has made the chase the past 3 years. Nothing wrong with that, remember we need 40 drivers to fill this field, and there's only a handful of JJ, Larson, and Kyle Busch level talents.

Jamie Mac is older let's keep that in mind. But he runs top 10-15 every week and has made the chase the past 3 years. Nothing wrong with that, remember we need 40 drivers to fill this field, and there's only a handful of JJ, Larson, and Kyle Busch level talents.
Very good points. I gotta give it a rest. Being too critical on it. All the drivers out there are truly great at what they do, just fun to see how it plays out. I guess with Jamie it always seemed he had the potiental to be up there more often but I know my rear end couldn't do any better... He has racked up some notable things which is amazing in its own. Apologies for going too harsh on him.

Out in the Round of 16: 3, 5, 20, 31. The 17 advances because he has more playoff points than the others.

Glad you kept the #21 for another round. Hope he learned from Brads mistake the year he had most wins and then lost out in the second round. Or was it the third?
Third, went into first race of the third round tops in points and had a bad day at Martinsville dropping him all the way to seventh

48, 3, 1, 5. I tepidly say the 48, Dover is the third race and he's already pulled that one out his a** this year

Last edited:
Agree I think 16 is way too many I would at least cut it to 12, also you have to be top 20 in points to make it

Glad you included the points. If during the first 26 races your not top 15 in points you don't belong in the championship lottery. Having said that, a bigger bonus for your first season win (100 points)
and get rid of the "win and your in" idea.

Well...as much as I dislike the playoff scenario, especially when coupled with the stage racing junk....here is my 2 cents:

First four out...1, 3, 5, and the 24

Kenseth will win a race in the first playoff segment, with Chicago being the most likely unless NASCAR does something to make sure it does not happen. Like run his car over with an emergency vehicle.

Kenseth will win a race in the first playoff segment, with Chicago being the most likely unless NASCAR does something to make sure it does not happen. Like run his car over with an emergency vehicle.
:D:D

Well...as much as I dislike the playoff scenario, especially when coupled with the stage racing junk....here is my 2 cents:

First four out...1, 3, 5, and the 24

Or maybe he will try to block Joey. Of course with the speeds of the Fords, I doubt that will happen.

1, 3, 17, 24 first four out. Sorry 24 fans

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

After Chicagoland 31,5,17,and the 3 are on the cut list

upload_2017-9-17_17-38-43-png.29317

Back
Top Bottom