First Four Out?

The pretenders that we knew were pretenders showed themselves yesterday. A fuel mileage win doesn't mean sh*t, and 2 plate wins and 0 speed everywhere else certainly doesn't.

We saw the same thing with Beuscher last year, but we're subjected to the constant "he has a chance!" by the media like we don't know any better. No...no he doesn't have a chance.

Not surprised but disgusted they continued to waste all of the racing time making an issue out of Stenhouse making it into the next round? They kept after it after he hit the wall, called it wrong in saying he was going to HAVE to come into the pits. When he did come in he got busted for speeding. They still continued to yap about Stenhouse. Finally after yet another speeding penalty they finally focused their blabbing somewhere else. How freakin dumb do they think we are? No, how freakin dumb these guy are continues to surprise me. I have no problem now thinking when LeTarte was on top of the pit box, someone with a brain was calling the shots thru the headphones.

The pretenders that we knew were pretenders showed themselves yesterday. A fuel mileage win doesn't mean sh*t, and 2 plate wins and 0 speed everywhere else certainly doesn't.

We saw the same thing with Beuscher last year, but we're subjected to the constant "he has a chance!" by the media like we don't know any better. No...no he doesn't have a chance.
Not surprised but disgusted they continued to waste all of the racing time making an issue out of Stenhouse making it into the next round? They kept after it after he hit the wall, called it wrong in saying he was going to HAVE to come into the pits. When he did come in he got busted for speeding. They still continued to yap about Stenhouse. Finally after yet another speeding penalty they finally focused their blabbing somewhere else. How freakin dumb do they think we are? No, how freakin dumb these guy are continues to surprise me.

You guys are going to sure look silly if Stenhouse makes it the next round at least :)

Not really, because I never said that he was going to.
so then this was you being silly then. I'm taking Aunty's tout example about Joey making the playoffs, his was bolder than my wimpy tout about backmarker Stenhouse with a roaring 20th place average at best. No brainer.

so then this was you being silly then. I'm taking Aunty's tout example about Joey making the playoffs, his was bolder than my wimpy tout about backmarker Stenhouse with a roaring 20th place average at best. No brainer.

I was just simply giggling at you guys throwing Stenhouse out of it after One race in the playoffs he could easily outpoint anybody else the next two races. Around that 12th Place they are all within a few points of each other. The past couple years at Dover Stenhouse has ran around 10th he could easily outpoint Dillon McMurray Newman Kahne

we will see who is giggling, Stenhouse's average is 20th for the second race at Loudon Week after 21st. Good luck.

Considering his competition is a bunch of guys that don't run any better not too worried about it and if he gets cut after this round wouldn't have expected any more

After Chicagoland 31,5,17,and the 3 are on the cut list

upload_2017-9-17_17-38-43-png.29317

Really don't see that changing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

me neither, only one and he is a long shot, Newman has historically pulled a rabbit out of the hat to not only get in but to hang in there. This latest points deal carryover might nix that though, he doesn't have hardly any.

Not surprised but disgusted they continued to waste all of the racing time making an issue out of Stenhouse making it into the next round? They kept after it after he hit the wall, called it wrong in saying he was going to HAVE to come into the pits. When he did come in he got busted for speeding. They still continued to yap about Stenhouse. Finally after yet another speeding penalty they finally focused their blabbing somewhere else. How freakin dumb do they think we are? No, how freakin dumb these guy are continues to surprise me. I have no problem now thinking when LeTarte was on top of the pit box, someone with a brain was calling the shots thru the headphones.

I noticed that too. I was beyond annoyed. Just stop already and get on with another topic.

I noticed that too. I was beyond annoyed. Just stop already and get on with another topic.
Not allowed to leave the script. You do what the producer says or your out. So the announcers have to decide if they can stand on principal or sell out for a paycheck.

A big part of the problem is there is just too many people on these broadcasts, all under pressure to make a point and justify their paycheck. There was a certain simplicity to it all when it was just Bob Jenkins and Larry Nuber in the broadcast both, a couple of pit reporters, and no Hollywood Hotels or other such nonsense. I've said from day one that Darrell Waltrip must get paid by the word.

A big part of the problem is there is just too many people on these broadcasts, all under pressure to make a point and justify their paycheck. There was a certain simplicity to it all when it was just Bob Jenkins and Larry Nuber in the broadcast both, a couple of pit reporters, and no Hollywood Hotels or other such nonsense. I've said from day one that Darrell Waltrip must get paid by the word.

Probably need to move on to day 2, Jabba and LeTarte by themselves can pitch more piles of B.S., and together it's a bonified headache overload. They don't know the word restraint like the greats do and did.

I'd like to smack that producer upside the head.
If you know the movie or commercial industry you would be surprised at the power they have. Many/ most of them can hire who they want on their production team and most make at least $3,000 per hour of shooting time.

Darian Grubb will energize the 5 team.

Book it.

Practice/Qualifying doesn't necessarily mean much, but he was 3rd fastest in first practice, which means he's got speed right out of the gate. So.. this is already an improvement over, well, pretty much all year.

I was 2-4. No surprise whatsoever that Austin Dillon and Kasey Kahne got eliminated.
Ryan Newman, well, there is only minimal surprise in seeing him get eliminated. I mean, he seems to know how to pull the rabbit out of the hat sometimes, but RCR has not had the pace that they have needed this year.
Kurt Busch was the rotten surprise. It stinks that he is out of the playoffs. Just weeks ago, it looked like that team was coming alive. He suffered a lot of bad luck, I think.
Props to Ryan Blaney. He really came on stronger than expected. ^_^
Ricky got lucky. Man, he could still get even luckier, yet. :eek: Talladega is coming up. :wink: Just imagine how abnormal the Round of 8 would look if he pulls off the upset! :pbjtime:

However, the odds of that happening are slim to none, in my opinion. Three straight plate victories for Stenhouse? That is a long shot. #17 is my first choice to go out in the Round of 12.
The erratic Denny Hamlin, #11, gets a nod from me... I think he may find himself out after this round.
I'm going to with Ryan Blaney again. #21 may have just gotten through the first round, but he's going to have to do a little better to make it further. My wildcard choice is Kevin Harvick. #4 has been pretty hit-or-miss lately, and he's certainly not coming in with a full head of steam like last year.

It seems to me that Blaney is getting the Joey Lagano set of cars and Lagano is getting the old Blaney cars because the 21 has looked pretty good these past few races.
I think momentum plays a big role and these teams that just coast are going to have real trouble turning it back on again. That's why I think the 4 and 11 are in trouble this round and I think the 24 is going to survive. The 24 team has been very good lately. Would love to see the 1 car win one to get to the next round too, but I'm not sure that's in the cards.

It seems to me that Blaney is getting the Joey Lagano set of cars and Lagano is getting the old Blaney cars because the 21 has looked pretty good these past few races.
I think momentum plays a big role and these teams that just coast are going to have real trouble turning it back on again. That's why I think the 4 and 11 are in trouble this round and I think the 24 is going to survive. The 24 team has been very good lately. Would love to see the 1 car win one to get to the next round too, but I'm not sure that's in the cards.
Aha, so I'm not crazy for choosing the 4 and the 11. :D
Jamie Mac seems like a dark horse. This round sounds like it could be a cakewalk for Big Mac, going by what the pundits say. Still, ya never know. ;)

Back
Top Bottom