Fontana RACE thread

It was exciting for sure, but the purist in me likes to see competition that isn't affected by constant flat tires/cautions and everything come down to a crazy, semi-crapshoot GWC.

In other words, if this is how racing was every week, it would probably be a joke.

True.

How is Russ Wheeler so irrational and Cole Tricke is so level-headed every post.

yeah this day sucked for the 24. The camera caught the reaction of the 24 crew when that last caution was called...

complete dejection.

I like JG and it sucks that happened to him,

Regardless of the finish I think it was obvious that the 24 was the dominant car. Keep running fast and the wins will come.
I think Jeff will get a win this year also, but i also think the reason he was so much faster then a lot of cars is because they had the car set on kill and that is what bit them in the end along with some other teams that were right there with him like Johnson. I think Kyle, Kurt, and Tonys cars were set up a little more conservative and it paid off in the end.

I think Jeff will get a win this year also, but i also think the reason he was so much faster then a lot of cars is because they had the car set on kill and that is what bit them in the end along with some other teams that were right there with him like Johnson. I think Kyle, Kurt, and Tonys cars were set up a little more conservative and it paid off in the end.

Kyle and conservative in the same sentence???

:eek:

Overall was an entertaining race....but those tire things ALWAYS seem to leave an asterisk beside of the races that they impact....they really need to get that deal figured out.

As a Gordon fan, of course I am not thrilled with the end...but I was very happy to see Larson get in there and mix it up at the end....woudla loved to seen the kid sweep Cali....

I try not to get into the "network bashing" stuff...but Fox was HORRIBLE today...EVERY TIME there was a battle for the lead...we had to go to commercial...and DW...man, make up your mind! He talks out of both sides of his mouth NON STOP!
This is exactly the reason I've given up on Fox. First thing I do is tune my iPad to MRN or PRN and then hit the mute button on Fox.

I can't wait until the address the tire issues and then pave the place. I want to go back to the days of California Speedway being the most boring race of the season. They don't deserve a good race, what with all their good weather and all. :p

All is fine and dandy while the driver you like is out front and leading the race while pushing it to the limits of mechanical durability. Just because there is a loose connection between the drivers seat and steering wheel doesn't meant the car didn't do the job asked of it.

The only thing that bit them was that last caution. Jeff had it slowed down enough to not blow a tire.

I think they should make the track even more interesting. Grind down the big bumps and lay some new asphalt over the top. Leave the old pavement where ever possible.

BjhNAGICYAAsM6a.jpg:large

I think Kyle, Kurt, and Tonys cars were set up a little more conservative and it paid off in the end.
To the contrary, Kyle's car was the fastest car in the opening laps of the run in every single run all race. Two laps is all Kyle Busch had in him in every single run. I can sit here and talk about how much talent Kyle Busch has all day long but let's be honest here, that was some incredibly good luck.

To the contrary, Kyle's car was the fastest car in the opening laps of the run in every single run all race. Two laps is all Kyle Busch had in him in every single run. I can sit here and talk about how much talent Kyle Busch has all day long but let's be honest here, that was some incredibly good luck.

Geez, what race were you watching?

They went to great use I promise! Thanks again. Hope to see you in Parker in a couple weeks. Very up in the air though.
I hope you can make it. I just put the blower on and did the finishing touches on the engine today. But, i have to leave tomorrow night for a drag race in Las Vegas... and then as soon as i get back Mon we will dyno the engine and stick it in the boat and head to parker on Thur night or Fri morning.

Best in-car audio: Aric Almirola on Brian Scott - 'The (expletive) doesn't even belong out here!'

LINK

I still have no idea what he was doing.... He almost cause a 6 car wreck including two or three of the leaders.

Unfortunately, Bowyer didn't.
And ya know, it just HAD to be him. If it was anyone else it wouldnt sting so bad. The fact that it was Bowyer who spun and brought out the caution, while cars had spun out and NASCAR did nothing, just completely pissed me the **** off.

Back
Top Bottom