Ford.. Mustang.. 2019.. Hell Yeah!

They're both 2018's.
That’s not the brand new body for the Camry that’s the one that came out before the brand new body.. the new body is the one the run in cup.. and the pic posted isn’t the brand new body

C531B94C-3802-49B7-9ABA-EF629B69616E.jpeg
This is the one you posted @ToyYoda

I'm pretty excited about this one.. I love Mustangs and hopefully it helps their performance. Looking forward to seeing them on track. Think they'll test this year?

i have a 2016 ford mustang the 4 cylinder with turbo.. well my girlfriend does

The new Camry is badass, I know someone who straight-piped their XSE V6... Man, it was incredible how good it sounded. If, I had a family and I wanted something, the Camry would probably be number one on the list.
The '18 Camry is interesting to me. Obviously, the XSE was developed with the NASCAR influence in mind. However, last time I was in MY Toyota showroom, it was interesting to see the typical Camry buyer approach this thing. The aggressiveness and badassness of this piece doesn't fit with the conservative nature of the Camry buyer. The other trim levels do, however. The XSE is like a different animal.
Now if only Toyoda could be persuaded to switch to the supra.... But really, if NASCAR can commit to Coupe's in the cup series, then that bodes well for the Gen 7 being more aligned with those body styles. Then we'll have less issues like with the Camaro styling and probably the new mustang being way off. Gotta think big picture.
Tell you what, if the Supra takes off, they just might. Toyota takes this race on Sunday, sell on Monday stuff very seriously. However, the Supra has to resonate with Toyota buyers. Do Toyota buyers even get jacked about a halo car, or does the sedan angle speak louder in terms of product identification in NASCAR? Toyota buyers are different than the Ford and Chevy people.

I think Toyota will stick to the Camry...Chevy needed something new with the SS going away, then Ford would've been silly not to match their rivals with the Mustang. Toyota have had a lot of success with the Camry and seem more than content with how it's helped sales and recognition.

I think Toyota will stick to the Camry...Chevy needed something new with the SS going away, then Ford would've been silly not to match their rivals with the Mustang. Toyota have had a lot of success with the Camry and seem more than content with how it's helped sales and recognition.
Agreed, Supra will probably be sports car racing only. So what's up with Dodge, anyone hear?

Agreed, Supra will probably be sports car racing only. So what's up with Dodge, anyone hear?
I wouldn't bet on it. Marchionne toys with everyone. Maybe we'll join NASCAR with Dodge, maybe we'll join IndyCar with Alfa Romeo, maybe we'll join Formula E with Maserati...the guy is almost all talk. Then late last year he derided F1's new ownership group for potentially making changes that would lead to a "global NASCAR" formula, and threatened Ferrari would pullout if they happened.

I wouldn't bet on it. Marchionne toys with everyone. Maybe we'll join NASCAR with Dodge, maybe we'll join IndyCar with Alfa Romeo, maybe we'll join Formula E with Maserati...the guy is almost all talk. Then late last year he derided F1's new ownership group for potentially making changes that would lead to a "global NASCAR" formula, and threatened Ferrari would pullout if they happened.
Who was it here that said Dodge was joining Nascar again in 2019?

Good for Ford but they'll still be stuck with the ugliest front end of the manufacturers. Why do they insist on making their grills look like the mouth of a catfish?

Also don't think Supra come to Cup or at least I hope it doesn't. Ugly cars and would not look right with the NASCAR template. Stick with the Camry and just beat up on the pony cars.

I pray that Chevrolet sticks with the "ZL1" Camaro in NASCAR and doesn't switch to the new 2019 SS. The new SS front end looks terrible. Thankfully they aren't changing the ZL1 front

That will be the biggest batch of Cobra Jets ever offered. Ford only built 50 of the 1968 original and each of the six that it made between 2008 and 2016.

And if drag racing’s not your thing, don’t worry. Ford is also introducing a NASCAR Cup version of the Mustang for next season, although it will be even harder to get your hands on one of those.
30507693_400600007018070_278717405843161088_n.jpg

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2018/04/18/2018-cobra-jet-is-quickest-ford-mustang-ever.html
I'll take the Stang please....want!

Whether it makes a difference or not, the Camrys posted here are not XSEs which is what the Cup car is based. This one is a Hybrid but the noses are different.

2018-toyota-camry-se-hybrid.jpg

I pray that Chevrolet sticks with the "ZL1" Camaro in NASCAR and doesn't switch to the new 2019 SS. The new SS front end looks terrible. Thankfully they aren't changing the ZL1 front
eh it isn't that bad, I think the darth vader look is a bit much. Maybe they will make a star wars version

2019-Camaro-SS-RS-Convertible-700x325.png

Back
Top Bottom