Ford.. Mustang.. 2019.. Hell Yeah!

eh it isn't that bad, I think the darth vader look is a bit much. Maybe they will make a star wars version

2019-Camaro-SS-RS-Convertible-700x325.png
They are making it worse IMO - the black bumper / grille / emblem area does not flow very well.

So I've read various articles that say no new manufacturer will be allowed into Nascar until 2020, anyone know if this is true?

So I've read various articles that say no new manufacturer will be allowed into Nascar until 2020, anyone know if this is true?
I believe that is because of the system in place for qualification. However Dodges are already in Nascar so it only means they have to get approval for a cup car. IMO

Instead of "allow" the writer should have said "be ready for submission to NASCAR" NASCAR is all for new brands.

So dodge would be the leading candidate for 2019? Or will it be 2020 if they indeed do come back?
Dodge would probably need something sitting at the R&D shop right now to make it for 2019. Even though as noted above Dodge has approved but"outdated" stuff they bascially would be starting over so 2019 sounds a little far fetched. At least thats how I understand it.

Dodge would probably need something sitting at the R&D shop right now to make it for 2019. Even though as noted above Dodge has approved but"outdated" stuff they bascially would be starting over so 2019 sounds a little far fetched. At least thats how I understand it.
Ok that's how I read it too, anyway ...I'd love to see them back and see Nissan get in the mix as well.

Tommy Joseph - formerly of Red Bull, Williams, Sauber and Honda – joined Ford in February, 2017 in an aerodynamics role to work on the project.

Efficient aerodynamics has become increasingly vital as downforce has been progressively downscaled by the series in recent years.

Joseph then led the Mustang program, working alongside Ford’s NASCAR stable that includes Penske, Wood Brothers, Roush Fenway Racing and Stewart-Haas Racing.

Ford Performance’s global director Mark Rushbrook says Joseph’s F1 experience has been vital.

“That [Joseph’s hiring] was a big part, I think, of getting our program to where we were ready to do this car for 2019,” he said.

“Tommy Joseph, we hired in about a year-and-a-half ago. He came from Formula 1 well-versed in the latest aerodynamic techniques, so we gave him a little bit of time to get familiar with our NASCAR teams and the NASCAR series.

Ford used F1 experience to develop Mustang for NASCAR Cup Series
https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-c...rience-to-develop-nascar-cup-mustang-1027716/

Also says that Ford had started work on the Mustang before Chevy sought sign-off on the Camaro.

Yeah I'd love to see Nissan get involved in NASCAR as well. Alot more than I'd like to see Dodge return.

Me too. It's basically just Xfinity II when they go to all the Cup tracks.
Gateway, Canadian Tire, and Eldora are different, and existing Martinsville twice, Bristol only once :mad:, Iowa, Dover all under a mile. Yeah they need more smaller tracks and they probably will in the future, but all is not lost.

RCR only has to strip the nose and add an approved Dodge front end. The rest of the cars are all the same anyway. I wonder if Penske would sell the Dodge engine to RCR?

Back
Top Bottom