Ford New Body for 2019

At this current moment in time this is just a rumor , but FCA is waiting to see what Ford does, if they switch to the Mustang they would run the Challenger, if they dont, then it will be the Charger. Of course take that with a grain of salt.
You beat me to it lol

Not with the current greenhouse the cars have. Sorry, but I think it would look really dumb if they try to squeeze a Ford mustang into the current common template. I already think the Cup Camaro looks really bad compared to the street model.
Right now Ford is the only manufacturer using a different model in the two top series'.

I think the Mustang nose would have more of an equal impact on competitiveness compared to the Camry and Camaro. Hopefully we find out.

Right now Ford is the only manufacturer using a different model in the two top series'.

I think the Mustang nose would have more of an equal impact on competitiveness compared to the Camry and Camaro. Hopefully we find out.

I can get down with the Mustang nose, it's the rest of the cup car I would have a problem with. The current common template green house is a better fit for the sedan model type cars. In my opinion it looks bad for the muscle cars. The new camaro just doesn't look right to me, and I think the Mustang would look worse. Now if NASCAR wanted to change to common template to better fit the mustang and camaro then I'd be all on board.

I can get down with the Mustang nose, it's the rest of the cup car I would have a problem with. The current common template green house is a better fit for the sedan model type cars. In my opinion it looks bad for the muscle cars. The new camaro just doesn't look right to me, and I think the Mustang would look worse. Now if NASCAR wanted to change to common template to better fit the mustang and camaro then I'd be all on board.

I actually agree with you and think overall the xfinity camaro looks better and more like the street version than the cup car. However, if all the manufacturers commit to sports/pony cars in the top series now then whenever the gen 7 rolls around they can taylor the greenhouse, body and chassis better around that sporty profile.

I actually agree with you and think overall the xfinity camaro looks better and more like the street version than the cup car. However, if all the manufacturers commit to sports/pony cars in the top series now then whenever the gen 7 rolls around they can taylor the greenhouse, body and chassis better around that sporty profile.

I don't think they all have to commit to pony cars. I think it'd be easier, and look better, for Toyota to fit the Camry into a more muscle/pony car template, then it is/would be for Ford and Chevy to fit the Mustang and Camaro into the Sedan template. Or at least meet some kind of middle ground.

The xfinity camaro has painted on door handles.

I don't think they all have to commit to pony cars. I think it'd be easier, and look better, for Toyota to fit the Camry into a more muscle/pony car template, then it is/would be for Ford and Chevy to fit the Mustang and Camaro into the Sedan template. Or at least meet some kind of middle ground.
Pure marketing to use the pony cars. Nobody thinks the Fusion and Camry are fun cars to watch race.

The Camaro and Mustang are.

The new Hawkeye Inspection system could help even it up for the Fords. Kez thinks it can if the full system is used.

“If the new Hawkeye system is put in place and implemented for 2018 fully, not partially, fully, it would certainly level the playing field for Ford by enforcing the rules,’’ Brad Keselowski said of the new inspection station.

Harvick sounds pretty non committal

“We have a car that is designed for a huge spoiler in the back and is the oldest car on the race track compared to the other manufacturers,’’ Harvick said. “It took us a little bit to get things situated last year with the balance. We could face those balance issues again this year that we might have to work through as we go into the year just because of the way they are going to inspect the cars with the Hawkeye system.

“With the new splitter rules you are looking at a few hundred pounds of downforce taken off the cars. There are no rule changes but everything had to be cut off in every shop.

The new NASCAR "Hawkeye" laser and camera inspection system that combines the template station (which inspects the shape of the body) and the laser platform (which inspects how the body sits on the chassis as well as camber) could have an impact.
http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2018/01...ew-inspection-process-helps-keep-teams-close/
http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2018/01...ew-inspection-process-helps-keep-teams-close/

I haven't read anything from other manufacturers or Nascar that disputes the Ford was put at a disadvantage last year. GM coming out with a new front clip makes it sound like the Ford camp is right.

Love you Sliced, but I am way tired of the Kez-esque nose analysis. Most said that the Camry nose was too draggy...now it is the nose to have. On another note.....keep hope alive with your Fords. Toyota won 2 races in 2014, but it didn't really suck. Every weekend brings new possibilities. Lots of Ford bailing going on. Where is the loyalty?

I haven't read anything from other manufacturers or Nascar that disputes the Ford was put at a disadvantage last year. GM coming out with a new front clip makes it sound like the Ford camp is right.

The wind tunnel was broken. No way to know. :idunno:

The new Hawkeye Inspection system could help even it up for the Fords. Kez thinks it can if the full system is used.

“If the new Hawkeye system is put in place and implemented for 2018 fully, not partially, fully, it would certainly level the playing field for Ford by enforcing the rules,’’ Brad Keselowski said of the new inspection station.

Has Kez been talking the whole time, and I didn't notice? For God's sake, STFU (Kyle Busch, 2017).

The wind tunnel was broken. No way to know. :idunno:
You and I both know that is Nascar BS because there are other wind tunnels available.
Just admit like they did in the past to give GM an advantage they are playing the same game today except last year Toyota was the benefactor because they spend the most money.

You and I both know that is Nascar BS because there are other wind tunnels available.
Just admit like they did in the past to give GM an advantage they are playing the same game today except last year Toyota was the benefactor because they spend the most money.

I'll get back to you....The black helicopters are messing up my hair, and I am out of tinfoil.

If you look at results, Chevy had the oldest car design last year and they didn't make the final race. Ford for this year but the Ford body isn't as old as the Chevy design. Ah never can tell, the new fangled inspection system might make it interesting, might not. Bottom line Chevy has a better car to work with than last year.

Chevy had the oldest car design last year and they didn't make the final race.

They would have, but Chase had a hard time hanging on in Martinsville....but he tried hard.

If you look at results, Chevy had the oldest car design last year and they didn't make the final race. Ford for this year but the Ford body isn't as old as the Chevy design. Ah never can tell, the new fangled inspection system might make it interesting, might not. Bottom line Chevy has a better car to work with than last year.
Are you sure about that? I don't remember when they brought in the SS built in Austraila.
I think from the door post back all cars are the same. Nose clips seem to me to be the only difference. Ford is still running a different clip because of their last engine change. They should be changing the engine with the new gen7 car.

Are you sure about that? I don't remember when they brought in the SS built in Austraila.
I think from the door post back all cars are the same. Nose clips seem to me to be the only difference. Ford is still running a different clip because of their last engine change. They should be changing the engine with the new gen7 car.
2013 , so yes, 2013-2017, same body style for the entire run, the grill area was changed along away and new decals, Ford did a update for 2016, and Toyota about every year.

Love you Sliced, but I am way tired of the Kez-esque nose analysis. Most said that the Camry nose was too draggy...now it is the nose to have. On another note.....keep hope alive with your Fords. Toyota won 2 races in 2014, but it didn't really suck. Every weekend brings new possibilities. Lots of Ford bailing going on. Where is the loyalty?
The loyalty is right here like it always has been.. but I'm not too blind as to try to say there isn't a clear disadvantage. I'm no aerodynamics expert and don't claim to be it just seems to me that the shape of the scoops on the side of the nose of the Camry would provide more front down force than the rounded edges of the Fusion nose. I could just as easily be wrong. It's not like I'm not here hoping your boys don't get a single win this year lol but there was a distinct speed difference throughout much of the 2017 season and if it is thanks to that nose than I believe the Mustang nose could be helpful in closing that speed gap.. but at the same time I know the odds of NASCAR allowing such a difference in down force is slim. I'm just saying if that is party of the issue it should be dealt with accordingly.

2017 was a very forgettable season for me but that doesn't mean I don't think Joey can rack up 5+ wins and take the cup this season.. I know he can and I plan on rooting for him in the same manner you've become accustomed to seeing, make no mistake there :D

Chevrolet engineers found ways to move more downforce from the front to the rear of the car.

It's interesting to see how the cars have evolved over the years. They ran full-size cars until about the mid-60's, then went to the intermediate coupes which were downsized significantly in the early 80's, then shifted to mid-sized sedans in the late 90's and 00's, now it appears we might be going to the pony cars.

The loyalty is right here like it always has been.. but I'm not too blind as to try to say there isn't a clear disadvantage. I'm no aerodynamics expert and don't claim to be it just seems to me that the shape of the scoops on the side of the nose of the Camry would provide more front down force than the rounded edges of the Fusion nose. I could just as easily be wrong. It's not like I'm not here hoping your boys don't get a single win this year lol but there was a distinct speed difference throughout much of the 2017 season and if it is thanks to that nose than I believe the Mustang nose could be helpful in closing that speed gap.. but at the same time I know the odds of NASCAR allowing such a difference in down force is slim. I'm just saying if that is party of the issue it should be dealt with accordingly.

2017 was a very forgettable season for me but that doesn't mean I don't think Joey can rack up 5+ wins and take the cup this season.. I know he can and I plan on rooting for him in the same manner you've become accustomed to seeing, make no mistake there :D

It would be cool if somebody--anybody--could break down the different designs, and explain strengths, weaknesses, etc. The garage is supposed to be open, but instead we have this secretive bull****--maybe it isn't secretive, but the networks are too stupid to cover this angle---instead of the constant coverage of what the drivers had for breakfast. Dewar indicated that the screwing with the crews crap is step 1 in a change in expanding storylines (****** hate that term) to include a better appreciation of the technical aspects of this sport. I freaking hope so.

We don't know where the Toyota "advantage" came from really. I refuse to listen to Kez--he is far from an engineer IMO. It would be important to remember, however, that Toyota absolutely sucked last year on plate tracks. Clearly, what Ford is lends itself to the plate tracks more than what Toyota has (and if you follow the arm chair engineers here) what Chevy will have. IMO this should give you great optimism for Daytona--the biggest race of the year.

It would be cool if somebody--anybody--could break down the different designs, and explain strengths, weaknesses, etc. The garage is supposed to be open, but instead we have this secretive bull****--maybe it isn't secretive, but the networks are too stupid to cover this angle---instead of the constant coverage of what the drivers had for breakfast. Dewar indicated that the screwing with the crews crap is step 1 in a change in expanding storylines (******* hate that term) to include a better appreciation of the technical aspects of this sport. I freaking hope so.

We don't know where the Toyota "advantage" came from really. I refuse to listen to Kez--he is far from an engineer IMO. It would be important to remember, however, that Toyota absolutely sucked last year on plate tracks. Clearly, what Ford is lends itself to the plate tracks more than what Toyota has (and if you follow the arm chair engineers here) what Chevy will have. IMO this should give you great optimism for Daytona--the biggest race of the year.
Can't discount Kes too much.. he may not be an engineer but he has plenty to work with. I feel like if there is more front down force then that gives them more wiggle room to work with the rear end too.. or the ability to do something different that wouldn't be as effective if there was less front down force.

I'm merely guessing tho I'm definitely no engineer lol

It would be cool if somebody--anybody--could break down the different designs, and explain strengths, weaknesses, etc. The garage is supposed to be open, but instead we have this secretive bull****--maybe it isn't secretive, but the networks are too stupid to cover this angle---instead of the constant coverage of what the drivers had for breakfast. Dewar indicated that the screwing with the crews crap is step 1 in a change in expanding storylines (******* hate that term) to include a better appreciation of the technical aspects of this sport. I freaking hope so.

The difference with Kez is he spent his whole life working on race cars and trucks trying to compete with the money machines. He did not spend his youth playing in daddy's go carts or jump into top race cars. He earned the knowledge he has because he is hands on.
If you remember his time in Xfinity, he drove for Junior whose cars were nearly junk and Kevin Harvick could never win in them. But Brad races against the top Toyota drivers as well as Carl Edwards and didn't do to bad. He never won a championship because Junior could not compete against Cup teams with Cup drivers. He did however show Carl he wasn't going to get pushed around and with Juniors blessing he went out and beat them all for his first cup win.
I think Brad is pretty knowledgeable, maybe not an engineer, but then I know some mechanics a lot smarter than than the engineers. By the way he also won the first Penske Cup Championship. That should tell you something.

IDK thought that was your job, I was under the impression that you knew the yota brass personally with all the name dropping and Your Toyotas and all. :idunno:

Have never dropped a name nor have I ever claimed an affiliation with Toyota and/or TRD. I know who the players are, and I study the game. I don't know much, but I love this stuff. Probably sounded good when you posted it though. I think you **** talked the Toyotas early last year. Then you whined about them. And now you are calling for a Bowtie resurgence. Betcha you have Ford kicking ass in '19. If there was a thread for Waffling instead Bold Predictions, you would be the Grand Prize winner. You will get it right sooner or later sport! ;)

The difference with Kez is he spent his whole life working on race cars and trucks trying to compete with the money machines. He did not spend his youth playing in daddy's go carts or jump into top race cars. He earned the knowledge he has because he is hands on.
If you remember his time in Xfinity, he drove for Junior whose cars were nearly junk and Kevin Harvick could never win in them. But Brad races against the top Toyota drivers as well as Carl Edwards and didn't do to bad. He never won a championship because Junior could not compete against Cup teams with Cup drivers. He did however show Carl he wasn't going to get pushed around and with Juniors blessing he went out and beat them all for his first cup win.
I think Brad is pretty knowledgeable, maybe not an engineer, but then I know some mechanics a lot smarter than than the engineers. By the way he also won the first Penske Cup Championship. That should tell you something.

I don't know what the hell a "racer" is but I suppose Kez is one of them. As such, he plays games the way racers do. Don't read too much into his aero analysis. He doesn't know **** about that stuff IMO. He does know how to make a splash and get the attention of those who can help him win. He did that. Nothing more. Kez is a great story, but not unlike many. His is sexy though. Drinks beer. Talks ****. Man of the people. Enjoy him. I do.

Pretty sure Brad won the Nationwide championship before no?

Edit. Yes.. 2010.. but not for Jr

You know how secretive it is? Last year when we went to take a picture from the fence of the garage at Michigan our phones were blurred out. Insane the lengths these teams go to

Pretty sure Brad won the Nationwide championship before no?

Edit. Yes.. 2010.. but not for Jr
He was a Cup driver when he won. Only Cup drivers won in those years. I was glad for Brad because he beat them all when he had the same equipment. Then he went on to win a Cup Championship stopping JJ's run. Hamlin and Carl haven't been able to accomplish that yet.

He was a Cup driver when he won. Only Cup drivers won in those years. I was glad for Brad because he beat them all when he had the same equipment. Then he went on to win a Cup Championship stopping JJ's run. Hamlin and Carl haven't been able to accomplish that yet.
Yeah.. well with all th cup guys running for the championship back then it was still impressive.

Tony stopped JJ ...with that amazing chase run.. He is the reason I will never underestimate anyone. Still feel bad for Carl tho lol best average chase finish and loses on a tie breaker... Although him being the main reason Joey didn't get it in 2016 makes me feel for him a bit less lol

I can't stand Hamlin.. I sincerely hope he never wins a championship. I'll even got one step further to say that I wouldn't mind if for some reason he couldn't start another race. I'll be glad to see him retire. Every time he wins a race I cringe.

Back
Top Bottom