Ford New Body for 2019

If chevy dominates with the Camaro it'll be almost certain that ford uses the "stang"
I also have a felling that fords going to struggle this year against the chevy and Toyota body's

NASCAR team owner Roger Penske confirms new Ford body coming in 2019

“We can’t really use that as an excuse. There’s no reason to,” Penske said when asked if Ford’s older body model put it at a disadvantage. “I think we thought the same thing coming out of St. Petersburg last year in IndyCar that we might not have the power Honda had and we won 10 races. I keep reminding the team that. We’ve got to race all year. We’ll have a new body next year.”

:D:D:D
Keselowski, who made the championship four last season in a Ford, was asked if he knew anything about a new body for 2019.
“If (Roger Penske) says it, I would say go with him. He’s always pretty trustworthy,” Keselowski said. “They don’t tell me those kind of things because they know I’ve got a little bit of a big mouth and they don’t trust me, which is probably smart.”

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nascar-auto-racing/thatsracin/article199602579.html

Edsel Ford II has been on record as saying he'd like to see the Mustang in cup. He's also one of the biggest backers of motorsports within the company right now. It's gonna be a 'stang in 2019.

Well Ford is discontinuing the Fusion I think or at least not making a new version(pretty sure that's what I read somewhere) so I have to imagine it won't be that.. and with the Mustang away being in NASCAR I don't see why they would get with something else.. it's clearly the raciest looking Ford model

Well Ford is discontinuing the Fusion I think or at least not making a new version(pretty sure that's what I read somewhere) so I have to imagine it won't be that.. and with the Mustang away being in NASCAR I don't see why they would get with something else.. it's clearly the raciest looking Ford model
The Ford GT is clearly the raciest Ford model ;)

I think what you read is Ford is moving the prodution to China, and will not export the Fusion or Mondeo. This is all planned for the end of the decade, but also saying they will be a next Gen Fusion for 2021.

TLDR, Ford has no idea what its going to do with the Fusion right now.

Last edited:
Can't discount Kes too much.. he may not be an engineer but he has plenty to work with. I feel like if there is more front down force then that gives them more wiggle room to work with the rear end too.. or the ability to do something different that wouldn't be as effective if there was less front down force.

I'm merely guessing tho I'm definitely no engineer lol
maybe we should ask newman. isnt he an engineer?

Considering MiSpeedway just bought one I approve

86581eb0cc15da9188caa6215dcfa181.jpg

The Fords have always been a good super speedway car. The less downforce changes recently have lessened their effectiveness on the 1.5's a bit. Teams get to pick their springs and shocks this year. Might help, might not.

The Fords have always been a good super speedway car. The less downforce changes recently have lessened their effectiveness on the 1.5's a bit. Teams get to pick their springs and shocks this year. Might help, might not.
Yes, it will be interesting to see how the Fusion does compared to the Camaro, as the Fusion was desinged for the more downforce pacage( the taller spoiler) compared to the Camaro was desiged for the current DF package.

The Ford GT is clearly the raciest Ford model ;)

I think what you read is Ford is moving the prodution to China, and will not export the Fusion or Mondeo. This is all planned for the end of the decade, but also saying they will be a next Gen Fusion for 2021.

TLDR, Ford has no idea what its going to do with the Fusion right now.
Yeah you're right I just looked it up it's that they're talking about stopping production in North America...and yeahhh not sure the GT would be able to conform to the NASCAR aero package lol

Every car in Nascar cup series has the same body. The difference is the front clip or the nose of the car. Ford has announced that in 2019 they will no longer produce cars other than the Mustang so what ever they put on the track next year will be called a Mustang. At least until they change things to Crossovers or SUV.
Maybe they could run crossovers in Xfinity and SUV in Cup. :D

Excited about this..... @StandOnIt will have that bitch in the wind tunnel as soon as the cover is off....oh yeah, OSS took care of that. :D

I hope they aren't thinking about using that blue bulldozer looking thing. I think they can get better numbers out of the black Mustang 2..with the vinyl top.

Back
Top Bottom