Ford Resurgence

He has a large fanbase. That's reason enough
Oh...hero worship based on emotional expectations and not necessarily results. Got it.

Do not have anything against the kid, by the way, just do not think he has earned the adoration the media is bestowing on him.

Oh...hero worship based on emotional expectations and not necessarily results. Got it.

Do not have anything against the kid, by the way, just do not think he has earned the adoration the media is bestowing on him.

So he shouldn't have any fans until he wins races/championships? Is that what you're saying?

If Dale Jr. and Danica Patrick had performed better, that would have been good for the sport, don't you agree?

It's already going on man. Raise your hand if you think they would cucumber Chase's first win? They would be idiots if they did. Raise your hand if you already think NASCAR favors Toyota. You were on the board last summer, right? Raise your hand if you heard the rumbling when Junior won the Daytona July race after Senior died. Come on man!

Raise your hand if you know what happened in the fall race at Charlotte in 1990. (Cc: @kymartin6)

His dad Bill won most popular driver for a record 16 years. He won just one championship in 37 years in cup. People liked him, he wasn't a jackass like so many people are. His son carried a lot of those fans of Bill over when he came into the sport. So far he seems like a chip off of the ol block, he's a good kid and he not a flash in the pan like the one that just left.

His dad Bill won most popular driver for a record 16 years. He won just one championship in 37 years in cup. People liked him,
Actually liked Bill, thought he did well with what he had at the time. Especially when he was mostly on his own, that is what endeared me to him.

But, and not taking anything away from the kid, have always been independent...guess a rebel of sorts...thought the idea of royalty is bogus. Breeds the concept of fairy dust and unicorns. Each person stands alone, not what their lineage is.

Each individual has to earn their keep in my version of popularity...Chase has not done that yet. Especially since he started on the top instead of crawling on his knees. Do not hanker to those that won the lottery either.

So he shouldn't have any fans until he wins races/championships? Is that what you're saying?
No...but he should not be hyped...leave that for rap artists and those that fall over for bleeding hearts.

As far as the media push...most of the media detested Dale Earnhardt back when he started out. His accomplishment made fans...those fans are the reason the media turned into his favor.

No...but he should not be hyped...leave that for rap artists and those that fall over for bleeding hearts.

As far as the media push...most of the media detested Dale Earnhardt back when he started out. His accomplishment made fans...those fans are the reason the media turned into his favor.
comparing apples and oranges.

Yeah because he's been leading so many races this year.
I'm talking about the previous 2 years. He'd have a few wins already if not for phony cautions. NASCAR doesn't care who wins as long as it's an exciting finish.

His dad Bill won most popular driver for a record 16 years. He won just one championship in 37 years in cup. People liked him, he wasn't a jackass like so many people are. His son carried a lot of those fans of Bill over when he came into the sport. So far he seems like a chip off of the ol block, he's a good kid and he not a flash in the pan like the one that just left.
I think Chase actually drew fans from three drivers: his dad, Jeff Gordon, and Dale Jr. Most people who were fans of those drivers are fans of Chase now. Not a surprise that he's so popular.

So what would you do if you were king? Lets hear the solutions and dont forget the owners are asking you to help with costs so you letting stuff go is gonna costs them millions. Lets hear it.

Basic template, and go. That's it. Like Larry Mac said back in the day, inspection wasn't a huge issue, but then again, they weren't looking for everything. Quit looking for everything. I had an interesting ah hah while watching WRC this weekend. MY Toyotas are fast as hell. However, two of them broke, and are out of the rally. The reason, Toyota engineers went to work, and drastically reduced weight. The parts weren't strong enough. The point....You let the engineers get out of the box, they eventually go too far, and get back closer to the box. It's self-regulating IMO.

I think that NASCAR has an identity crisis. Pre-COT, I feel like the cars were still an interesting part of the conversation. During the COT era--for obvious reasons--we didn't talk about the cars, and the drivers became what NASCAR was about. We went Gen 6 which should have brought interest back to the cars, but kind of did, kind of didn't. Now we don't know what the hell the series is about. We talk drivers, and only bitch about the cars and engineers. I don't give a damn what anybody thinks, the reason this is even called a sport is because it distances itself from stick and ball with the car. If you want to call this a sport based on the driver alone, you are asking potential fans and marginal fans to compare Chase Elliott (for example) to Lebron James. Quit laughing. HOWEVER, you put Chase Elliott in a car, and boom, from a sporting perspective he has the ability to do something Lebron absolutely couldn't. The cars make this sport, and when we spend all of our time bitching about them, and asking them to be equal we reduce this sport to the drivers, and recent trends have shown us that this isn't enough.

Thank you for asking me to respond to this without the consideration of the owners. This part, however, really pisses me off. They want their cake and to eat it too. They want a viable series at the lowest cost. Make sense. However, cars are a huge expense (duh). Development is a huge expense (duh). So, they are bitching and moaning for NASCAR to spend millions to make the car insignificant with OSS, etc. They smokescreen individuality with the lame attempt to connect with the consumer. Meanwhile, dealerships don't ****** get it. They should have NASCAR merchandise, etc. but they are clueless. I digress. We are in a bit of a tough time. Dwindling attendance and TV revenue is cause for alarm. Owners--being the business people that they are--are chopping at the biggest expense. I get it, but the biggest expense is also NASCAR's identity IMO. People will not watch something they don't understand, and if NASCAR doesn't know what it is, the people won't come.

Again, thank you for asking.

This far into the season, I think Ford’s advantage is just the 4 team. They are the only one’s consistently competing with the 18 and 78. Other Fords are consistent but not winning at the mile and half’s.

This far into the season, I think Ford’s advantage is just the 4 team. They are the only one’s consistently competing with the 18 and 78. Other Fords are consistent but not winning at the mile and half’s.
When are they winning? Other than the #4.

Ill start calling him awesome chase from dawsonville when he gets in a Ford! It’s blasphemy him in a chevy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's all on Ford!!! Bill wanted Chase to be in a Ford they were working with Ford and Ford didn't put a deal together for chase to move forward and Rick Hendrick stepped in and the rest is history.

Great..he and Brad have 4 chances to win. Now Brad has 2 left. Yay....

I don't think that's going to be the truth. yes I agree that the 4,78 and the 18 are definitely farther ahead than everybody else but the 2 or the 9 or whoever could come on really strong second half of the season.

When are they winning? Other than the #4.

Realistically only three cars are winning right now so you can really say that about anybody. But the Fords as a whole have been the strongest to season if you look at the point standings you'll see that. 7 in the top 11 and currently would have half of the playoff field

You serious? good luck with that.
Yeah, right now neither of them have even contended on a mile and half. And didn’t show much in way of being a contender yesterday. They are definitely top 10 teams but nothing close to the 2 Toyotas and 1 Ford. Those 2 Toyotas and The 42 are showing there is no Ford advantage. If they can do it, the rest can.

Back
Top Bottom